Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (metz)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2010, 10:46 AM Reply   
Yo this is metz. Im new here just looking to find places to ride near katy texas. Im moving there for the summer.
Old     (ben_dk)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-28-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
Hey Metz. I would go check out the guys at M2 Sports. They have a few shops in houston and i'm sure if anyone knew where to find some good guys to ride with it would be them. I am pretty sure they have their own private lake down there as well they use for lessons and camps. Good luck! Ben
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-28-2010, 2:38 PM Reply   
Mark,

Check out GCWA.com That is the local wakeboard forum for Houston area riders. There is a local find/be a third column that you may have sucess in. There are many places to ride on the east and south side of town. There is also the Trinity River about 1 1/2 hr drive north of Houston. Will you have a boat? In for the summer, where are you from? I believe Lakes of Katy is a private lake and you have to own property or know someone who does to ride there.
Old     (metz)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
Im just moving there for 4 months out of the summer for an internship for an oil company. All my buddies will be riding back home (pittsburgh pa) and I just wanna ride because im sure I will probably be bored after work and on the weekends. Thanks for your help dudes ill look into all of those places. if you find anything else lemme know. Thanks again
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-29-2010, 1:07 PM Reply   
Mark,

Hit me up on email. I am currently deployed to Iraq but will be home in mid May. I have a boat and don't know that many folks up that way, so you would be more than welcome to come out with us. My wife's family lives in the Woodlands (North of Houston) and so we moved her there before i came out here. At any rate. before i came out to Iraq, we rode on the Trinity a lot and i loved it. Lake Conroe can get REALLY choppy and i never really found any sweet riding spots.

The Trinity is a bit of a drive, but to me it is so worth it. We rode last April out there a few times and didn't see another boat w/ a tower on the river all day.

What company are you doing an internship with? Just curious cause my wife's dad is in the oil business. Probably like most people in Houston....but anyway, feel free to hit me up.
Old     (smithlsv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-29-2010, 6:59 PM Reply   
Mark, email me your contact info. I live in Katy and store my boat on the Trinity river. I ride on the Lower San Jac river during the week and sometimes Lakes of Katy.

Kyle
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-01-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
We live on the southwest side of the city and ride on the lower san jac river. We are from PA, the riding season is much longer down here! We will be looking for riders later in the season. I have a lot going on rignt now.