Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-06-2009, 2:56 PM Reply   
Heading up next week for a family event and was going to bring the boat (not the primary activity). How is the lake for riding? Temp?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-06-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
The lake is cold. Expect to get up early (7-8am) to get decent water...The lake is shaped like a bathtub.
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-06-2009, 6:22 PM Reply   
even in summer it is a heater shirt minimum, possibly spring suit especially in the a.m. which is the only time the water is butter (before the wind and majority of boating yahoos!)
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       08-06-2009, 8:25 PM Reply   
It is a fun lake but very small and every time I have been there, a couple times a summer, it has been badly blown out. It is very cold even in the summer. Depending on where you are coming from I took my boat once and won't do it again. Its a long haul from the CA bay area up the hill.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-07-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
If you want to ride there are better lakes up there within a 20 minute drive. If you are going to just have fun it might be cool to have a boat to cruise around on. If there are jet ski's or kayaks, or other water toys at the house where you're staying I'd just leave the boat home. There aren't any destinations on the lake. No restaraunts or bars to drive to.
Old    K.B.C.            08-07-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
It sucks and it's cold...
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-07-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
Well, that's pretty much what I expected....I was just wishing I was wrong. I know it's a haul as we've pulled to Tahoe before. It's a family reunion thing and people will be coming from all over so we'll just try to make the best of it.....when we're not riding mtb's at Northstar or Downeville...:-)

Thanks for the info!
Old     (5150)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-07-2009, 10:00 AM Reply   
there boca just to the east of truckee and 8 miles up the road from boca is stampeed not sure of water levels i live in reno and we only been riding pyramid this season
Old     (bludpumper)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-07-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
Boca is full. I've been out there 10+ times this season and much warmer than Donner. Usually flat till at least 11am, super good 7-dark also. Have fun!