Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (greg_nelson)      Join Date: May 2009       05-07-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
Rusty is always looking for ways to make himself a stronger rider. Pro MMA Fighter and avid Wakeboarder, Gray Maynard, hooked up with Rusty for some in the ring training and then a set out on Lake Mead. Check out www.combatlifestyle.com and check under pictures to see some of the wake action!
Rusty is seriously considering making the transition to the MMA!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-07-2009, 3:07 PM Reply   
OUCH!

http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/view_image.php?id=68497
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       05-07-2009, 3:36 PM Reply   
I think this "Greg" guy is a fake. Check his profile. Nelson used to ride Boca, and the Greg I know wouldn't post Hyperlite marketing news to WW. Ha!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-07-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
Maybe its this Greg Nelson. hahahahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P5MbvNIq88\

(Message edited by innov8 on May 07, 2009)
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       05-07-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
Nice vid, holy ---- Nelson is a bad-ass! Don't thrash me at Surf Expo! Ok, thread jack over......
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-07-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
The wake on that X-45 looks really nice!! At least I think it's an x-45
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-07-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
well whatever greg nelson it is great find!
im really into mma and wakeboarding so this was really cool to see. Ive never really liked Gray Maynard but now i have a new found respect for him. He looks like a decent wakeboarder too. Rusty needs to tell him not to spin too early so he can land that backside 3!
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-08-2009, 6:44 AM Reply   
Rusty already sports the Chuck Liddell mohawk from time to time. With a nickname like "The Bonecrusher" he is kinda like the Chuck of wakeboarding.
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-08-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
Ryan, why are you not a fan of Maynard? He was pretty one dimensional with his wrestling on TUF, but since he has really improved his stand up since training with couture. He is slowly making his way up through the stacked lightweight division
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-08-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
I've been training MMA for the past year and I'm hooked. The workouts are awesome and at the same time your learning skill. Rusty's built like a truck, it wouldn't surprise me. Go for it!
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-08-2009, 8:39 AM Reply   
Rusty looks the part doesn't he. That is what I like about him, he represents our sport well. That is a downside to action sports sometimes is the stars are scrawny little kids that couldn't whip a cheerleader. Rusty looks like a professional athlete and can kick some butt.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-17-2009, 4:12 AM Reply   
rathy's the new rusty, I swear every new vid he looks bigger