Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-17-2012, 5:29 PM Reply   
So I arrive at the clients address of a condominium and park in a designated guest spot.
10:40 AM
Quick survey / sea trial of his little Crownline 260 deck boat and out of there.
1:00 pm

Walk out to the parking lot to find my right rear fender scratched and torn.

Four guys standing around, nobody saw nothing.
No security cameras.

Looks like a $980 repair and I have a $1,000 deductable.

Get home late and the wife starts bitching at me about something I had no control over.

Some days I think God hates me.
Attached Images

Old    bigdtx            01-18-2012, 6:02 AM Reply   
Based on that POS station wagon I see in the reflection you're lucky they didn't steal your truck outright.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-18-2012, 6:52 AM Reply   
take a quick drive around the condoiminum parking lot and find the SOB. look for that paint color and vehicle right size and then go check for your paint on their vehicle. I would guess white jeep. I found someone in my old apartment complex this way and they paid my deductible after the police came out.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-18-2012, 7:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by augie_09 View Post
take a quick drive around the condoiminum parking lot and find the SOB. look for that paint color and vehicle right size and then go check for your paint on their vehicle. I would guess white jeep. I found someone in my old apartment complex this way and they paid my deductible after the police came out.
Yeah, i id that last night. No luck. I think I'll give it a day or two and tray again.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-18-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
I've had this happen twice in recent months, once in a hotel parking lot in Carmel. A bit frustrating.
Old     (816)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-18-2012, 5:00 PM Reply   
I found out why they put locks on ford truck tailgates- $1600 later
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-19-2012, 3:51 PM Reply   
Misery loves company - someone tagged my Benz at the Safeway parking lot today. Spent four hours giving it the wax/detail of its life last weekend. FML.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-23-2012, 8:08 PM Reply   
What insurance company? Have you called the ins. company? Hit and Run is usualy a comp claim which is a much lower deductable than collision.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-23-2012, 8:11 PM Reply   
P.S. Never a wise decision to carry a 1k deductable for auto ins.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2012, 7:52 PM Reply   
^^^^^ why is that?
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-25-2012, 11:55 PM Reply   
Any luck finding the vehicle yet?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-26-2012, 6:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfergus7 View Post
Any luck finding the vehicle yet?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

No, I have been back three times and cannot find the car.
Looks like its all me. i have trained myself not to look at it for now.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-26-2012, 7:48 PM Reply   
^^^^^^ It's not a good idea because most people don't have a grand sitting around.....