Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-05-2007, 9:25 PM Reply   
http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/travels/index.jsp

looks cool... but man, I dunno about getting close to Grizzly Bears and taking photos.. give me the biggest zoom ya got! LOL
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-06-2007, 5:16 AM Reply   
I hadn't seen that one, thanks Swami!
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-11-2007, 10:48 PM Reply   
I saw the Alaska Glacier Bay episode today (on the DVR) and what most impressed me wasn't the orcas or the glaciers falling into the ocean.. it was Art's use of his EOS camera and L series lens in the rain. no protective covers or anything. Canon shamelessly focused on the raindrops collecting and dripping from the lens body and the camera body.

I was surprised at how often he was using that 70-200.. I figured he'd bring out the big guns..
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-12-2007, 6:32 AM Reply   
First hand knowledge. Buffalow took a wave over the front of the boat where he was shooting from, 1D2 and D60 in hand 70-200f2.8 L IS's on both. The 1D2 combo was fine and both the D60 and it's lens were ruined.