Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    sarrah            06-21-2003, 8:40 AM Reply   
Im sick of this weather, It makes me so depressed...thursday is my last day of school :-) all half days this week! It is suposed to be really nice mon, tues, wed i think mabey i will try to get out for the first time in a couple years...its been too long and i recentlly found some buddies in school that have been talking about going :-)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-21-2003, 10:02 PM Reply   
poor sarah,
don't worry good weather is coming!!! I hope that we will see you at the wakeboard competition this year in avalon. Don't have the details yet but when I do, I will be sure to blast the info to everyones email address on this thread!!!

Matt,
Yea I think we need to do something other than the comp.
We did this last year in Sept the weekend of my wedding. Had a BBQ and stuff right on the beach in the channel, it was a killer time.

We should just do this!!!

KG
Old    ffejtable            06-22-2003, 2:04 PM Reply   
FINALLY! Got a nice run in on Friday afternoon behind my own boat and it felt great... Still a little sore, and I am ready for more. This weekend wasnt so great but this week is supposed to be nice... Anybody available to ride during the week in monmouth county?
Old    sarrah            06-23-2003, 11:09 AM Reply   
Kevin- As soon as you get the info deff. post it or something That would be sweet I would love to take a ride to avalon to see some comps never been there. Im waiting for new on the liquid force trip accross america thing they usally come to the island :-) haha and yes the weather is here!!!! a nice 80 degrees or something along those lines
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-23-2003, 11:20 PM Reply   
Jumbo Joe???!!!
What are you doing in NJ? Duh, working I guess. I'm living in NorCal now and missing the AZ crew a lot. I'm flying into Newark the end of this week to visit my gramps and pass by the house I lived in as a kid and learned to water ski on at Budd Lake, NJ. How strange would it be if you guys were riding at a spot that I could find you this weekend. I'll pay you in gas or jack daniels - you decide. Let me know what's up. I would kill for a ride behind the Full Nelson. Hmmm... hanging out with my 95 year old gramps versus a pull behind that monster wake with the best sounding system ever installed in a boat... have you done anything to it since I saw you at Blyth with the new XM? Well... maybe gramps should take priority this time around, but it's a tough choice.
Anyway, hope life is still treating you well.
Take care,
Jimmy
Old    jumbojoe            06-24-2003, 7:47 PM Reply   
What's up Jimmy! I'll be in Avalon this weekend. You're welcome to come down and stay with me at shore this weekend. I'll email you my cell number. Call me.

As for doing anything to the boat since you last saw it...hmmm. I swapped out two 12W3's for two 12W7's. I added a PPI PCX2400 amp to drive my W7's. I added a second PPI PC4800 so now I'm driving all eight of my rear speakers at 4 ohms. Let's see, I designed and tuned my new subboxes on CAD. I made a new amp rack. Oh yeah, I have a buddy at Fosgate, and he got me four pairs of "Q's" for inside the boat. I'm going to wait until after summer to install them. Ok, I'm addicted. "Hello my name is Joe and I'm an audiophile" It sounds ok....:-)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-24-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
We're looking for a third for this Sunday, pushing off at around 9:00am. Any interest?
Old    proairrules            06-24-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
Joe, dude. What have you done to the "system" to protect it from our dastardly salt air?
Old    butterboardwear            06-24-2003, 8:12 PM Reply   
What up Jersey--say, any cool board shops around there?
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-24-2003, 8:47 PM Reply   
"It sounds OK..."
Uh huh, I bet it does.
I looked at the map and Avalon unfortunately is pretty far out of the way, as I'll be heading due west from Newark, but shoot me your number and maybe I'll get lucky and be able to figure something out.
Are you still engineering fighter jets? And as far as that goes, if the planes work even half as well as your boat's sound system...
I thought it was the sickest thing I had ever heard even BEFORE all the latest upgrades. I'm sure New Jersey has no idea what is headed their way.
Peace be with you if I don't get a chance to hook up this weekend.
Old    jumbojoe            06-25-2003, 5:48 AM Reply   
Everything I can Matt. We'll see how it holds up.

Jimmy....I'm working on the Chinook helicopter now and transitioning over to the V22 Osprey. I might go work in Huntington at the end of the year on the X38 (space plane) program. My boss said they need someone like me out there. At least I'd be in the same time-zone as my son. I really like the people here though

(Message edited by jumbojoe on June 25, 2003)
Old    proairrules            06-25-2003, 7:15 AM Reply   
I'm a 20 year salt water veteran, I'll take a look at it when I get down and we'll see if you need any extra precautions. I got a few Jersey tricks up my sleeves.

I won't be down until Tuesday though it looks like, staying for the week though.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-25-2003, 9:44 AM Reply   
Doc Oc, where abouts you from? I grew up in Hackettstown and learned to ski on Budd Lake also. Unfortuantely we always seem to visit up there in the winter. Usually end up going snowboarding!

Joe, you're not working at Picatinny are you? My wife used to work there for the DOD.
Old    jumbojoe            06-25-2003, 8:28 PM Reply   
Hey Mike,

No I'm working for Boeing in Ridley Park PA. I've worked with some people from Picatinny when I was designing Bushmater Cannons in Mesa (Boeing).
Old    jumbojoe            06-25-2003, 8:31 PM Reply   
Sounds good Matt. Looking forward to a good summer at shore in the Xstar.
Old    ffejtable            06-26-2003, 3:28 PM Reply   
Alex,

I would LOVE TO GO. But I am going to be in Dutch Springs, PA this weekend to get my PADI OpenWater Cert (Scuba). :-(

Bummer

--Jeff
Old    mastercraft17            06-27-2003, 8:40 AM Reply   
Yo, Alex I was down at SOS on wensday and I saw a picture of your boat...I was like thats the boat on wakeworld..Eustace,I was just wondering if your were still out there if you are send me an email or post it, I talked to the guy who owns kellers now....Oh yeah when are we all going to get together?????

(Message edited by mastercraft17 on June 27, 2003)
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-27-2003, 3:58 PM Reply   
Chris, I was wondering the same. The weather seems to be with us now. Perhaps we can all talk and agree on a place where we can all get together and wakeboard.
Funny how you saw Alex's old boat at SOS. He still has that old wakeboard pleasure cruiser pic on his profile although I have the new boat on mine. We're on the water every weekend at high tide as long as it's not raining. Your surely welcome to join us anytime. I just wish we could get a day planned to have some sort of wakeboard day and have us all in the same place. It's nice boading with others that have such a passion for the sport. . I know Jeff B was trying to hook something up as well as Kevin G.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-27-2003, 6:11 PM Reply   
Chris: Pretty funny, huh? Yep, that's my old wakeboard attack craft on the "For Sale" bulletin board at Surf & Offshore. I hate to part with the old girl, but I'll just never use her anymore. Sadly, no one's really interested in buying her. <g>

Hey Jeff! It's good to hear from you again. It's too bad you can't make it this Sunday because it's going to be a great out on the water in Manahawkin Bay. Just let us know when you want to drive down again. We have the ballast system and the PerfectPass all figured-out now and we're loving it. We also have a black bimini cover on order and once that's installed I think some speker towers should be the next enhancement. I'm sure glad I have a money tree growing in my backyard.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-30-2003, 7:33 AM Reply   
Chris, I’m planning on going out of UBE on Friday the 4th. We will probably get there between 10 and 11. If you are around, you’re welcome to ride with us.

You talked to the people at Keller’s? …. Are they still letting people launch from there?

E.
Old    vdrive            06-30-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   
Any of you nj's ride at Lake Hopatcong?
Old    freekshow            07-02-2003, 11:36 AM Reply   
Man, after a strong start the riding time has decreased the last two weeks! I gotta get back on it. Just got back from the Pro Tour stop in Portland where Parks just killed it to take the win. The riding in the finals was so good that Brett Eisenhauer stood two good passes, did a huge OHH off the double up, and still got last place! Everyone was going richter, that's for sure. Alex, thanks for the invite. Do you ever ride during the week? I'd like to join you for an evening session sometime next week. Let me know if Monday-Thursday evening is possible.

JB
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-02-2003, 8:32 PM Reply   
Hey JB: I live and work in northern NJ but I keep my boat in the lagoon in the backyard of my shore house down in Manahawkin. Thus, I'm only there on the weekends, and due to the irreplaceability (is that an actual word??) of my position "mental health days off" are not possible. Thus, I'm limited to boarding on the weekends. If you can't make a weekend, perhaps sometime during the last week of August, because I'll be down there on vacation.

Turtle Cove in Manahawkin Bay has gotten pretty crowded with wakeboard boats this summer, and they compete, almost wrecklessly, for the same small strip of wind protected butter. Then once you factor in the dopey waverunner guys, dads in the Bayliners pulling the kids on tubes, the rented crabbing boats and the occasional drive-through by the cigarette boats, you're left with a mess of wakes reverberating all through the cove in every direction.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-02-2003, 9:03 PM Reply   
Alex,when you gonna change that pic!
Old    sarrah            07-03-2003, 11:01 AM Reply   
anyone heard anything about the liquid force trip across america?? I thought they had the dates up by this time last year...hmmmm
Old    mastercraft17            07-07-2003, 3:13 PM Reply   
Over 4th july weekend I went up to lake Wallenpaupake up in pennsylvania. My friends and I met this guy with a 2003 wakesetter ..he was cool as hell.We met him on friday we ask for a tow rite than and there he said sure. Than He picked us up at 6:30 the next morning to go out boarding. Going back up this weekend...Can't Wait!!!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-07-2003, 8:02 PM Reply   
Well, my knees are a little achy, my quads feel like rubber bands and during a landing I somehow jacked-up my left calf/shin a little, but it's all worth the three days in a row of boarding we had over the July 4th weekend. Sunday afternoon was the best with almost no other boats in Turtle Cove, very little wind and lots of smooth water. The greenhead flies, however, were unusually numerous and vicious. There were tentative plans for JB to come out with us on Sunday, but unfortunately it didn't come together. JB, you missed a good one. We may again be trolling for a third for early this Saturday and/or Sunday, but we're still waiting to hear back from a couple people.

Hey Rich! Check my profile pic now big guy! Because of the angle of the photo the big AIR logo on the side of the boat can't be seen, but you can see the nautique N logo on the back of the driver's chair. This picture was just taken a couple weeks ago.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-08-2003, 7:35 PM Reply   
WOW, what a weekend...
We FINALLY got great weather, and I mean great. Hot Hot Hot, muggy, and sweaty, makes for a better wakeboarding day IMO, I will take 90+ with humidity over rain any day of the week!!!

Unfortunately I got injured over the holiday weekend, and will be off a wakeboard for a few months! I fractured the Tibia Plateau in my left leg. Got surgery Sunday where they inserted two screws into the bone to keep it together while I heal. I just hope I get thru everything to be able to get some snowboarding in. I won't avoid PT altogether but the nature of the injury will keep it reduced seeing it was mostly bone based and not ligament based.

I still hope to help plan a day where we all meet and hang out, I can drive like nobody's business but won't be able to share my boarding skillz unfortunately.

We all still up for a day on the water?
KG
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-08-2003, 7:54 PM Reply   
Wow Kevin, I'm sorry to learn of your injury. We'll have to step-out with the ladies again some Wednesday night and you can show us your wound. What good is a serious injury if you can't show it off?! <g> We're still looking for a third this Saturday and/or Sunday if you're interested in doing something a little different during your down time, but the push-off times will be early: 7:00am Saturday and 8:00am Sunday. Let us know if you have any interest. Alex
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-08-2003, 8:20 PM Reply   
Alex,
Yea we got to do dinner again. I can show you the scars...
Thanks for the offer, but till I see the doc in 2 weeks, I won't be stepping on a boat, just b/c they jostle around a bit to much for me right now, so I will have to pass. I will be your third one of these days though!

KG