Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-23-2009, 2:17 AM Reply   
2k9 21v. I've got 2 towers speakers. What I'd like to do is take those off and add the Gravity Games light bar and 4 speakers. My question is do I need to add a second battery. All the Gravity Game boat have the second battery. Also do I need to upgrade the 2 amps from a 2 channel to a 4 channel?
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-23-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
You've got a 50k boat...spend a few hundered and buy a second battery. Every boat should have 2 batt's.

U can make it work on the two amps you haev.
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-23-2009, 8:04 AM Reply   
I understand that I'm not against adding one i just wanted to know if it needed it
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-23-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
He answered your question. Every boat should have 2 batt's. I concur. After having the security of two I would never go back to a single.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-23-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
Yes you need 2 batteries.
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-23-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
How hard is it to add a second one?
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-23-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
Not to hujack, but I just bought a 03 sante and it has 2 batt's and I wondered whey the heck it does. Just curious for those who insist on having 2 or more.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-23-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
not very.....I just have a second one sitting in the boat in case i ever need it.......stays charged all summer without recharging. Or you could hook it up permanantly which will cost a few parts...but I figured what for as I may never need it and so far I havent. If you find your constantly draining your bat. then put it in the system
Old     (gotair)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-24-2009, 5:09 PM Reply   
I would also do a perko switch with your two batteries. The perko switch has 4 settings, battery one, battery 2, battery 1 & 2, and off. The reason for this when stop at the sand bar, you can turn on the radio and you can set the switch, so it just pulls juice off of battery one, so after a couple cold ones and some good scenary, the radio dies. With the perko switch you can switch to battery 2 and the boat will still start. You will be amazed how fast the batteries will drain with 2 amps and the music cranked, it doesn't take long. I will never have a boat with out 2 batteries in it, and I buy bigger batteries than what I need as well. And then at the end of the day, you can hit the perko switch to off and no power can be drained while your boat sits. I wire my stereo head unit directly to the battery, so I don't lose my settings, but all the power for everything else comes out the perko switch. Also spend the extra 15 bucks on the switch that has the protection switch on it, that if someone tries to change while the boat is on (which is really bad)

just my 2 cents...
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-24-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
My 07 21v has the factory dual battery option with the perko switch along with another thing that charges the battery set by the perko switch but when that battery is charged it will charge both batteries so I don't have to mess with the perko switch and just leave it at 1. Battery 1 handles starting and Battery 2 handles the accessories.