Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-25-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
how are the landings on these board? are they soft at all? both of them would be the '08 model
Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-25-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
My transcend platnium has incredibly soft landings not only that it is really light. I never use to make it out in the flats. Only rode it 5 times this year and am going at least three feet out in the flats with a feather landing. Havent rode the absolute sorry.
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-25-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
Absolute is a great board but will be alittle faster than the transcend...The transcend is super solid and you wont be disappointed!!!
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-25-2008, 8:56 PM Reply   
it sounds like the transcend is more of a better ride, how are the landings on the absolute?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-25-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
having ridden (?) each of these boards extensively, I would say that the transcend is the better board for landings. I also feel like the transcend is a LOT more predictable on pop. However, the absolute is solid if you just want straight boot out of a board.

take your pick.

[EDIT] Absolute landings aren't that bad, but I always landed tail heavy to avoid the flat spot. Which may be why my absolute is in two pieces sitting next to me. :-)

(Message edited by garret_s on March 25, 2008)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-25-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
I've spent time on both boards and I actually think the Transcend is faster than the Absolute. That's the reason that the Transcend lands so smooth in my opinion.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-25-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
jarrod, I would agree...the transcend feels like it accelerates into the wake, I always felt like the absolute bogged a little bit right when I initiated my cut.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-26-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
So where does the Marius Platinum fit in with these other two boards. How does it compare?
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-26-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
you should all try the Hyperlite B-Side, too. Its fast, TONS of pop, and low swing weight. It also has a great edge hold and release. Easy to butter slide, but locked in on the way to the wake. So far its the best board ive tried (and I have tried the marius plat, absolute and trancend along with bunches of other boards).
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-26-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
I forgot to mention that the Hyperlite B-Side also has a very soft landing.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-26-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
Shameless Hyperlite team rider! The thread is about comparing 2 CWB boards.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-26-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
Both great, the Transcend is a little faster then the Absolute IMO.
They both have great pop and land soft, demo them both and see what you think.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-26-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
Information is invaluable when choosing a board! Another great reason to go hyperlite is a LIFETIME warranty. You break it 15 years from now and you will get a current year equivilant.
Old    boardco13            03-26-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
To answer the question on the Marius, it is quite a bit faster than the transcend and the absolute for 2008, but much slower in 2007 or earlier. The Marius has a continuous rocker as compared to a 3-Stage with the other two, but it seems to pop more aggressively than most continuous boards (probably because of the width - it is super wide). As far as landings go - from my personal experience I have found the Transcend to have the softest of the 3, but all 3 land very soft as compared to some other boards in the industry.

When it comes down to it, each of the CWB high end boards (Marius, Transcend, Absolute) are excellent and quite forgiving. I don't think you would be disappointed by any of them.

You can break it down like this if you want:

Marius: Fastest, smoothest pop
Transcend: Mid-Speed, smooth & aggressive pop
Absolute: Slowest, Most aggressive pop

I hope that helps.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-26-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
Another one that needs to be considered is the Faction. IMO it lands softer than both the Absolute and Transcend, it might be a touch faster than the Absolute but not much. For a continuous board it has a huge pop. I know its not one of the "pro" boards, but I had my choice of CWB decks and I choose the Faction. Do yourself a favor and check it out.
Old     (jd5150)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-26-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
I spent a ton of time on both boards and the Transcend carries a lot better on the landings. The absolute felt like it would stop on the landings. I think J-Rod is right, it is because the Transcend is so fast!For me, hands down Transcend over the absolute
Old    kidrik            03-26-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
After thrashing this body for......well, 41 years tomorrow, I'm all about anything to ease the wear and tear! I rode an absolute for a year, and switched over to the Transcend last year. LOVE IT! Easier on the knees baby! I also agree with those above on it being a little faster than the absolute..... Check it out.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-26-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
For reference. Joel lands 20 feet in the flats on every trick.
Old     (tsbs)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-26-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
Transcend is my favorite board I've put bindings on. It does everything well.

Marius is for Marius riders. There is a slew of guys out there that ride that board and love it. I couldn't ever really get into it.

I'd like to try the Faction, but haven't gotten a chance to yet. I just don't see any need to get off my Transcend and ride anything else.

Al, you could ride a Hyperlite, but well, then you would have to ride a hyperlite. That would suck. I spent my time on those tanks and I hope to never have to again. Maybe the Sub VI or one of the Byerly's, but then again I don't have $800-$1000 to spend on a board. LOL!!!
Old     (jd5150)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-26-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
Thanks J-Rod! Honestly my ridin wouldn't be where it is at today if I did not switch over to the Transcend.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-26-2008, 10:53 AM Reply   
No sweat brotha.

By the way. My 2008 Platinum Transcend 138 with Zues' just showed up at work! SICK!!! Now I'm really dying to ride.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-26-2008, 10:53 AM Reply   
No sweat brotha.

By the way. My 2008 Platinum Transcend 138 with Zues' just showed up at work! SICK!!! Now I'm really dying to ride.
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-26-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
I've seen Joel ride and he goes huge. If the transcend is the reason for his riding that would be a ringing endorsement for the board.
But I think he is just plain good. Thats my 2 cents on this
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-26-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
thanks for all the help

ryan
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-26-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
yea i agree i rode the abs 141 platty for three and a half years and loved it but just bought a real nice cheap 2007 trancend 138 platty at the boat show ..i like them both and was a hard choice but again i think the cwb guys are dead on as theres a small increase in speed and landings are as soft if not a tad better then the absolute..

I sold my absolute and for now im sticking to the transcend as i already in three weeks stuck a new invert on it :-)
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-27-2008, 12:36 AM Reply   
I bought that Absolute and Bill it looks like new, thanks man can't wait to try it out.