Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (24_ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-05-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
I just got this boat and want to try wakesurfing behind it. Also, I have never wakesurfed before. The boat has the standard Gravity III setup (around 2000 pounds). How do I set up the ballast and wakeplate? I assume full ballast on right side with all of the passengers there as well. Should I use ballast up front? How fast?

Thanks in advance
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-07-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
If you really get into the wakesurfing you will want to switch out your rear bags to the FlyHigh 750's to fill up that locker and make a larger wake. Normally we load the right side, 1/2 to 3/4 in the left, and 1/4 to 1/2 in the front depending on the number of people.
Old     (lka__supra24ssv)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-10-2007, 4:20 AM Reply   
I have a 24SSV as well and I am getting the 750's for it. I am new to wakesurfing and I guess if a rider is goofy stance the right side will work well, but I will need to switch the ballast weight around for a normal rider?
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-11-2007, 7:37 AM Reply   
Just depends on the riders and what they want. We really like the wake on the drivers side. You already have extra weigh with the driver, plus you have the rear facing seat!!! But to answer your question, yes, just switch the weight around in your rear bags and move everyone over.
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-11-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
LKA, contrary to popular belief, there is no goofy or regular side. There is only port or starboard. I ride regular and prefer to ride starboard (backside). Don't be lulled into thinking you have to ride frontside. After a while you will want to ride both sides (port and starboard) with both stances (regular and goofy).
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-13-2007, 4:10 AM Reply   
I was just told by Josh Sanders that the Supra puts out the most awesome wake he has ever surfed behind.... with just the driver inside the boat.

Like others have said, load the boat on the side you prefer.

Send Ed Down Under
Old     (lka__supra24ssv)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-14-2007, 5:45 AM Reply   
What speed are you guys found that puts out the best wake?
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-14-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
We are anywhere from 10.25 to 11.5mph depending on what kind of weight we have in the boat, and where it is. Once you have a rider up and going you can play with perfect pass to make changes to see what speed the wake is best at.