Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       04-27-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
Fusion T-Series with or with out led's?
Anybody have them. Likes or dislikes, or think its worth the extra clams?
I'm afraid if I buy them I'll get led fever and put them everywhere.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       04-28-2006, 1:26 AM Reply   
Guess I'll be the only guy with em!
Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-28-2006, 6:48 AM Reply   
Ryan at the moment they are just being shiped as we speak so no one probably has them yet. I have a full set of fusions both the T series and the 6.25s and love them. Thought about moving to the new LED ones but they dont come in Yellow "yet". Maybe when they do I will switch.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
We've sold quite a few pairs of Combos w/LED, and I think it ultimately comes down to personal preference. If you want understated performance, and something that's more subtle, they probably aren't for you (the black finish would probably be better in that case).

If you're the kind of person that likes attention, get the LEDs, although be aware that they're invisible during the day, so it's only at night that you can tell any difference from the standard T-Series Combo.

Jason
www.wakeside.com
Old    dennisjensen            04-28-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
I have to state that the LED are a total gimmick that is completely lame. Sorry to hurt anyone's feelings. I just like to ride and have nice stuff on my boat. I thought wakeboarding was about wakeboarding? Give me plain and simple stuff that looks cool. These tower people are getting to crazy.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-28-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
Dennis, while I tend to agree with you, thanks for your opinion. It's all about looking cool, and if some one has the $crilla to pay for pieces of flare then more power to them. It's a free country and a few good guys on this site make a good living on what you call "lame". Tell that to their kids when they are in college, a lot of lameness still equals a successful business man. One mans trash is another mans treasure, as it were.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       04-28-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
I am a retailer for Fusion so I get a decent demo price. I think more of the reason for buying them is to be able to show clients the available options. I keep no stock on hand. Its also easier to demo a product that people can hear and touch than show them a picture. I think leds are becoming a band wagon that many will be jumping on. I just don't know if leds on the tower are where people will be going next. Sounds to me like its a 50/50 split!!
Of course 4 or 5 of us are not going to determine the market for them.

Thanks for your opinions.
Old    dennisjensen            04-28-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
Hey Stephan,

Like you said it is all about looking cool...step back and think about the LED for a minute...lame. I want a company who can meet the tastes of the people who actually ride and live the lifestyle.

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks

p.s. What does not liking LED lights have to do with not having any cash by the way?? Maybe you could loan me some from your student loans??
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-29-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
15 pieces of flair is the minimum, but some people choose to wear more. You do want to express yourself, don't you?

Dennis, why do you care what someone else likes/doesn't like? So the guy wants some LEDs on his speakers, BFD. Who knows, you might have spinners on your trailer or something, or a GF who went to Jiffy Boob