Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       05-17-2011, 8:38 PM Reply   
Finally got a tower for my 98 V210, so now it's time to add some weight. Any suggestions? I need to stay pretty conservative since I share the boat with the rest of my family and they are not interested in a bigger wake. I'm thinking I can get away with one 250# sack in the front isle leading up to the bow, but the rest will have to be hidden (ski locker, rear lockers). How much weight can I get in the ski locker and what kind/brand sack? I can't seem to find one that would be a perfect fit. Also after measuring the rear lockers it seems I can get about 400#s on each side, but am I going to be able to get enough in the ski locker to balance this out? Any tips on brand/type sacks would be appreciated. Also, I'd like to keep the price down and am just planning on manually pumping them this summer but plan on setting them up to be automatic over the winter. Appreciate any help I can get.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-17-2011, 8:53 PM Reply   
Ben:
hit me with an email off board and I can email you picts of my 96 Sanger ballast system or you could come by and look for yourself. I am 3 blocks form Garcia Bend.
Rick
Old     (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       05-17-2011, 9:57 PM Reply   
Hey Rick I can't figure out how to send you a pm. Think it's because you profile is private? Anyway thanks for the response. I would love to check out your boat sometime. Send me a message and I'll reply with my email/number.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-17-2011, 11:40 PM Reply   
Pro X Series Rear Seat Bottom (W705) is a good sac for the floor. IMO you want to add 700 pounds to the front of the boat then add weight 50:50 front and rear after. ie 700 pounds front 0 back up to 1400 pounds front 700 pounds back
Old     (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       05-18-2011, 5:32 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tip Ralph I was hoping you would see this thread. About how much can you fill that Pro X Series sac? I'm assuming you can't quite get it to the full 650 lbs. Also are you saying that if I can only get around 700 lbs up front, it would be best for me not to add any extra weight in back?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-18-2011, 6:51 PM Reply   
Sparky J will tell you 300 pounds in the floor, I think its closer to 600....
Yes, that is what I am saying if you are going to add only 700 pounds of ballast then put it all in the front. This is presuming you have a crew 4 + 1 riding and riding @ 21-23mph, if you are only 2 people in the boat then probably a little more in the back, also if you are riding faster than 23 then you will need a lot more weight all over and probably a bit more rear bias. Anymore questions just shoot
Old     (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       05-18-2011, 9:55 PM Reply   
Great info, gonna order that sac as soon as possible. I'll have to figure out how much more weight I can get away with putting up there without pissing everyone off. I figure maybe a 250# in the aisle and maybe a couple hundred#s in lead or something.

How about the pump? Will the Fly High Tsunami Pump be good for manually pumping now and be usable when I eventually set it up to an automatic switch this winter?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-18-2011, 11:03 PM Reply   
I don't have a huge experience with hand held pumps, I have always used automatic ballast systems I have built from scratch and don't run any hand filled sacs ever. I put 200 pounds of lead in the chain locker thingy at the very front, take the liner out and there is quite a lot of pace up there. IMO the boat generally performs a lot better with fixed weight in the nose, better driving, skiing and wakeboarding.
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-20-2011, 10:05 PM Reply   
I have an 02 Sanger V210. With a little help from everybody, I built an automated ballast system. I did 2-400s in the V-Drive compartment, the 650 in the ski locker, and about 450 of lead all the way around the nose. It makes a big, really steep wake similar to a Super Air. If somebody on the boat wants it a litle more rampy, I just empty the V-drive sacks half way. I pull 80 feet at 23 mph and it is ****!! Let me know if you have any more questions or if you want to do an automated system. I dont have any sacks outside of storage, it fills in less than 5 mins, and it will run you right around $700.
Old     (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       05-21-2011, 11:52 AM Reply   
Thanks for the reply Victor, sounds like a nice setup. How do those 400's fit in the V-drive compartment? Any extra room at all for life jackets or anything? My battery seems like it would be in the way also. Is that a problem?
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-21-2011, 9:16 PM Reply   
Here is a pic for ya! They fit in there really well actually. My batteries are at the back of the boat and although you cant open the compartment when full, that hasnt been a problem. (Could be a little bit of a pain if somehow your batteries die with the bags full!)

These are the old style V-drive sacs, but the dimensions should be close.

If you want some wake pics, I can go through my pics and try to find a few!
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-21-2011, 9:21 PM Reply   
I run pretty much a same setup as Victor but have some custom tanks in the back rather than bags. For a little boat the wake is real nice.
Attached Images

Old     (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       05-22-2011, 8:27 PM Reply   
Yeah that's for sure I nice looking wake. Guess I know what I'm getting, next step is to come up with the money. Thanks for the help guys!
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-22-2011, 8:34 PM Reply   
Yeah Ralph told me how to set it up and it is sick! Have fun man!