Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (jwmustangin)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-26-2009, 5:40 PM Reply   
This is the new ride I picked up 2 days after I got married (got married Nov 1 2008). Yeah it's a 2000 elite v-drive centurion. 370 hours. Don't knock it too hard guys. I like it. I haven't been boarding behind it yet though...Im still a beginner to intermediate...I upgraded from a "cough, cough" 2000 bayliner capri w/ no tower. Yeah, If I had daddy's $$$ I would have went for a mastercraft. I've been busy putting my own touch to it over the past few months....all new upholstery, line-x coated the platform, all new audio, and doing custom sacs now....if only boatfix.com would get their tail in gear!

Pics are when I got it...it's changed since then. I'll post up the new/now pics when I can.
Anybody got any experience with this boat?

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jwmustangin)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-26-2009, 5:44 PM Reply   
Here are the two tens I put in the passenger seat hatch.... before pic and after. I have put the hatch door back on since then. It kinda got in the way when I was doing my thing...

Upload
Upload
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-26-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
nice. you will enjoy it
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-26-2009, 6:38 PM Reply   
I love getting something "new to you" then making it your own. Are you doing a ballast system, if so what are you planning? Looks like a fun project, and a little more info on the interior.

(Message edited by nick_in_ssp on March 26, 2009)
Old    walt            03-26-2009, 6:39 PM Reply   
Congrats. I like the color.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-26-2009, 6:56 PM Reply   
I had a 2001 elite v we loved it. It puts out a great surf wake when weighted right. the wakeboard wake was a little step at first but when you get used to it, it is a fun wake to ride.I think it is a good looking boat have fun with it.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-26-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
I can't believe you rhinolined that teak deck.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-26-2009, 7:02 PM Reply   
I think that is a great looking boat. It's very clean.

Have fun with it!
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-26-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
"I can't believe you rhinolined that teak deck."

x2 I like teak and I was expecting it to be in bad shape in the pic. However, congrats on the boat looks great!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-26-2009, 7:45 PM Reply   
Nice. I'd love to see how the Line-xed teak turned out. I'm on the verge of doing the same.

One suggestion.... get that amp up off the floor. I know you don't think you'll have any water in there, but believe me, __it happens.
Old    walt            03-26-2009, 7:49 PM Reply   
Good advise Bill.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       03-26-2009, 7:52 PM Reply   
Jeff, congrats on the new marriage and the boat. I can think of NOTHING better for a 'wedding present' than a new boat! Dude - your wife must be awesome!

I bought a used boat (2000 Moomba Kamberra)3 years ago. I did a lot of the things you are talking about doing. Upholstery, subs/amps/tower speakers, tower light bar, neons in the boat, chrome out as much as possible, etc.

you will have a blast. and once you are done, you will feel some real ownership. But, then you will find something else to start working on.
Your boat is looking sweet, enjoy the ride!
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-26-2009, 8:43 PM Reply   
"I can't believe you rhinolined that teak deck."

...x3

Otherwise Jeff, looks like a cool ride and fun project, enjoy!
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-26-2009, 11:12 PM Reply   
congrats!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-27-2009, 12:50 AM Reply   
x2 the amp off the floor...

-x1 the rhinolined teak deck... the previous owner of my boat did the same thing and I am grateful for it. It may not look as classy as a nicely maintained teak swim platform, but it is absolutely no maintenance. I like it.
Old     (jwmustangin)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-27-2009, 3:08 AM Reply   
I got the amp off the floor about an inch.....I been reading up on you guys...dont worry!

Line-x platform - best thing I did. Im sorry, Im just not a "brown terd hanging off the back of my boat" kinda guy. I might be if my boat was brown, or camo, or...I think you get the point.

Its not rough either. The roughness depends on the skill of the sprayer. The roughness actually comes from the sprayer standing back and putting an "overspray" on it. More overspray = more roughness.

Its been rainy here....and cold...Sun is supposed to come out here today in central Virginia. I'll try to get some pics up today/tonight.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-27-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
Line-x was the best thing I did back when I had my boat. You can't go wrong there. Nice ride!
Old     (k_b_stephens)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-27-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
Be sure put some weight in the bow and it'll have a nice wake. While the wake will never get huge, it will have a nice pop. Port surf is great also. Congrats on the new boat!
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-27-2009, 7:01 AM Reply   
line-x on a teak platform makes baby jesus cry.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-27-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
send us some before pics
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2009, 7:11 AM Reply   
nice looking boat man
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-27-2009, 7:20 AM Reply   
Yeah the boat looks real clean.I love all white.

About the teak being brown that is not its natural color.If you sanded and removed the years of staining it would be a beautiful light redish color.
Old     (jwmustangin)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-27-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Ok, I got some more pics...

The first ones were the before pics. These are now/after pics.

You can see below that it has a little different interior and that the platform is line-x covered. I had the swim platform brackets powder coated black too. One recommendation that I have for anyone that is thinking about getting rid of the dingleberry brown terd (teak) platform with line-x....get the sprayer to TOTALLY ENCASE the wood. This way no water or air can get to the wood. It will last for years upon years. Also, use stainless steel hardware with silicone to re-mount the platform.

The tower cans are audioformz. Speaker covers are courtesy of speakersox.com. The speakers in the cans are kicker km620....which you can see are also in the boat (4) near the floor. So four on the tower, four in the boat, and two tens (as shown above) in the passenger seat compartment. Kicker mx700.5 5 channel amp driving the tens and the tower.

Before:
Upload

after:
Upload

before:
Upload

after:
Upload

Let me get some more up....
Old     (jwmustangin)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-27-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
Platform....

Before:
Upload

after:
Upload
Upload

Keep in mind everything is still wet from the recent rain. Powder coated brackets and use of stainless hardware and silicone:
Upload
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-27-2009, 9:20 AM Reply   
damn , I know this is gonna sound bad but it looked 100 times better BEFORE.

:S
Old     (jwmustangin)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-27-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
close up of the new line-x covered platform.
Upload

Tower....

Oh yeah, I used the quick disconnect neutrik connectors at the cans and at the right rear leg of the tower (for fold down purposes). Damn it, I forgot to get a frontal pic of the tower. This would have shown the new cans that audioformz is making...the ones with the light in the front of them. The two outside cans have the lights. Oh yeah, as mentioned above....speakers in the cans are the same as the ones in the boat...kicker km620. All speaker grills in the boat are the same....by the way, yeah I know they are brittle. Thats a con to the kicker marine grill.

Something else to keep in mind...I don't have the black snap in carpet back in it yet. So don't pay attention to the dirty white floor.

before:
Upload

after:
Upload

cd player / head unit (hey Beavis, he said "head unit")
Upload

(Message edited by jwmustangin on March 27, 2009)
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-27-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
That black interior is going to be a biotch on hot days!
Old     (jwmustangin)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-27-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
Damn, I thought that was my wife.

Just kidding, Yeah its gonna be a lil hot on those scorching days....but hey, get in the water!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-27-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
or don't sit down
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-27-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
Looks good but that black will be a "biotch". How much was it to line-x that thing. More info on interior and whats your plans for ballast?
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-27-2009, 10:23 AM Reply   
Looks really really really nice! Get the sacs goin, you will need them!
Old     (jwmustangin)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-27-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
Hey, you gotta take the pros with the cons....I used to have a black mustang gt with black (dark charcoal) leather interior....sharp (and HOT) as hell!

I guess thats what the water and wet towels are made for when it comes to black in a boat.

Out all the people on this site that whine about black interior in a boat,......I would bet a good number of them have dark leather interiors in some of their daily drivers...

$250 to line-x....

Got v-drive sacs im putting in the rear right now. Probaly will go with an integrated front bow sac....although I hate that Im losing storage space. Hell, I guess if you got the beer, the babes, and the boards....who needs storage space!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-27-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
Nobody is whining about it, just warning you. Your car has a roof over it and people usually have more cloths on. If you use towels it will be fine.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-27-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
IMHO you ruined that platform!! Teak for the win.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-27-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
By jeff williams (jwmustangin) on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 3:08 am:
Im sorry, Im just not a "brown terd hanging off the back of my boat" kinda guy.

...I'm more of a black terd hanging off the back of my boat kinda guy

(Message edited by rio_sanger on March 27, 2009)
Old     (jwmustangin)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-27-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
V-drive 16X16X42 sacs in rear lockers inflated with air....just mock-up stuff....Im getting ready to run my vent lines.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-27-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
IMHO 1k lbs is way more than you want under your open bow. Stick to the 60%rear/40%front ratio. If you have 800 in back, you may want to consider using only 6-800lbs in front. I personally have two v-drive sacs in front and two locker sacs (375lbsx2) + 1 680lb sac in rear.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-27-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
Two fifty to cover a grand worth of teak.On top of that its the old mature natural wood back before they harvested teak in tracks of baby trees.
You see teak takes so long to mature they started having supply problems and teak farms started poping up a few decades ago.Im sure as you can guess the baby trees don't look or hold up as well as what you linexed.Truth is even if you wanted you couldn't replace that deck because adult trees hardly exist anymore.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-27-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
Those fit great and it looks like you are doing some good things.

I have to agree with most of the people about the teak. Although having it lined makes sense I absolutely love teak that has been taken care. Makes a boat look ten thousands times more classy. Kind of like laying carpet over nice hardwood floors.

Oh yeah, the boat I just sold had a fiberglass platform that was linexed. The stuff isn't that rough and didn't seem to scratch any boards. It is also better looking than beat up fiberglass.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-27-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
Brock, when you put it like that it makes me even more upset!!
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-27-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
Sorry Adam,Just makes me feel bad when I see large teak boards like that covered in plastic goop.I guess thats pretty standard for our culture these days processing and making everything artificial.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-27-2009, 12:10 PM Reply   
What pumps are you going with and how much was it to redo the interior, ballpark?
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       03-27-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
I think the black is sweet. If I had the extra scratch, I would get a custom wrap made for my boat that would be primarily black and redo the interior accents to match.
check this boat out. Murdered out black
http://wakeboardsd.net/2008/05/21/awesome-2008-blacked-out-supra-launch-for-sale-on-wakeworld/
wish i had more pics.
Old     (jwmustangin)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-27-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
Ok, Ok...

Im about to shed a tear here....everybody lets go hug a tree. Teak is old school....out with the old, in with the new.

around 2G for the ALL of the interior...

Jabsco water puppy will used for the bags. One for each bag.

Yo, Nate...I hope for god's sake that they didn't line-x the swim platform on that murdered out supra!

(Message edited by jwmustangin on March 27, 2009)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-27-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
It is your boat so you can do whatever you want with it but newer boats come with fiberglass platforms because boat owners are ridiculously lazy.

10-20 years down the road a piece of teak is going to look ten times better(with minimal effort and cost) than a 10 year old piece of fiberglass with the rubber tore off, pulling up and the fiberglass all dinged up from wakeboards.

In your case it probably will never look any worse than it does now but then again Linex/rhino-lining isn't ever that good looking.

(Message edited by polarbill on March 27, 2009)
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-27-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat! Those sacks loo, like they fit perfect. That teak look awesome though. Way better than the Rhino. But hey if you like it that's what matters.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-27-2009, 10:56 PM Reply   
at first i was like "why'd he do that to the teak ..."

but now i'm like

"damn, i feel bad for this mofo, look at the wakeworld haterz representin!"
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-28-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
at first i was like "why'd he do that to the teak ..."

but now i'm like

"damn, i feel bad for this mofo, look at the wakeworld haterz representin!"

Your right,what was I thinking having a opinion different than someone else.I hope I didn't make anyone cry because of a internet comment.
Old    mendo247            03-28-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
Nice work.. Looks like a fun project..
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-28-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
Nice work on the boat, she is looking sweet.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-28-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
TEAK LOVERS UNITE!!!!!
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-29-2009, 8:26 PM Reply   
Only on wakeworld can you post a pictures of your boat then get a lectured for your own personal taste. Yeah teak is great but the back of a pickup is more of a work of art coming together than five boards of wood. Go lecture truck owners about bed lining them but enough about the teak!
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-30-2009, 6:17 AM Reply   
lol.... nice
Old     (wackbag)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-30-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
A Teak deck will look great for a little while. If you use your boat every weekend though you can't properly keep up with platform maintenence. So you deal with a crappy looking platform for over 1/2 the season. I spend enough time keeping my boat clean.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-01-2009, 6:24 AM Reply   
Nothing beats a (nicely maintained) teak platform, IMO.

But it's Jeff boat, so if he wants to rhino line the teak, or the whole boat for that matter, that's up to him. Jeff, like the boat, good work and I think the new upholstery looks much better than the old.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-01-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
More like, Teak lovers STFU! Whats up with all the teak bitches on here lately?? It's not like this site is full of barefoot and slalom purists. WTF?? Go find something else to bitch about!!! Rhino line the damn floor of the boat if you want. Who cares? Its yours.

Nice boat!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-01-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
Looks good was thinking of Rihno on mine too probably not going to do it. However since you have think about putting some of that gator grip decking down on it. Not too expensive and the guy that sells it is on here somewhere.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-01-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
My friend did the same thing to his platform and now when it gets wet, it's so slippery so be careful!
Old     (jwmustangin)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-01-2009, 2:15 PM Reply   
Yeah, I was thinking about doing the gator grip thing too....who knows....im in the middle of doing the ballast system now. Maybe I'll come back to the gator grip thing when Im done with the ballasts.

Anyone heard of a production problem at Jabsco? I ordered jabsco water puppy pumps like around March 19th and haven't gotten them yet. Boatfix.com said it was because they're having a hard time getting them from Jabsco due to a cut in production because of the economy....I hope they aren't blowing me a bunch of smoke....Im getting a lil impatient.