Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-06-2009, 7:58 PM Reply   
I will be in Orlando tomarrow and I need some boardshorts.What are some good shops I should hit up before we go ride?
Old     (freddie)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-06-2009, 8:01 PM Reply   
Go to Performance Ski and Surf.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-06-2009, 8:03 PM Reply   
Do they have Fox shorts? They are the only ones I like, and I forgot mine.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-06-2009, 8:22 PM Reply   
Performance has everything. Go there, you won't be disappointed.
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-06-2009, 10:19 PM Reply   
yes they have many beautiful fox shorts
Old     (freddie)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-07-2009, 4:45 AM Reply   
where are you riding while you are in town?
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-07-2009, 6:59 AM Reply   
Peter Glenn on I Drive is a good place to check out also.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-07-2009, 7:48 AM Reply   
I will be riding at OWC while I am here.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-07-2009, 7:56 AM Reply   
PacSun in Florida Mall across the street from PerfSki if you want to save some $$$.
There's a Ron Jon Surf Shop in Festival Bay and if you just go a few yards further the Prime International Outlet Mall has a ton of stores you can cruise through for shorts.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-07-2009, 7:57 AM Reply   
Performance was a cool shop but by no means did I find it cheap. Most of the prices were the same or more compared to what I'd pay back home, and after I lost on the dollar conversion it would definitely be more.

Maybe my shops that good?
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-07-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
When did you do the conversion? Right now the US dollar is worth more than the Canadian currency.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-07-2009, 8:37 AM Reply   
"I lost on the dollar conversion"

As in my CAD were not worth as much as USD.

I wasn't lucky enough to be working in town to purchase a wack load of US funds when the CAD hit 1.10 CAD/USD

(Message edited by EternalShadow on March 07, 2009)
Old    benj_t            03-07-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
Also, I found some pretty sweet boardshorts in a store called Tillys, in the Florida mall. I got a pair of Quiksilvers and there are alot of really cool board shorts in there as well as the Quiksilver, billabong, rip curl stores. Dont forget to stop buy performance ski and surf, its a really cool place and they have all the latest gear
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-08-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
Hey Phantom / others.
Thought I'd speak to the comments / explain how the cycle works on board shorts in most stores (ours included) There are typically 4 seasons with most major surfwear companies. Currently we are receiving Spring / Summer model apparel. Like most businesses, as these items are brand new / the most current models, they are sold at their regular price. For instance we currently have gotten new shorts from Billabong, Fox, Volcom, Matix and Oneill. They are all fresh / up to date colors / styles. that said, as we have gotten in these new models, we've put alot of the older models on sale. Many are on their way to OWC for Spring Break on a Buy 1 Get one 1/2 Off rack. Still legit styles...but older models in various sizes. But there are deals out there. As for finding deals in the mall...depending on the shop and their financial sitaution...you can find prices all over the board. Lots of your chain stores by older models and product and blow them out cheap. They also can mark items up over retail and offer discounts. Theres as many strategies as there are stores. Ultimately, you just have to find the style gear you like, and the place you like to purchase it from. We may not be the cheapest deal in town, but we do strive to have the latest stuff in stock, and provide a place you don't have to "dread going to" just to buy some board shorts or clothing. But hey...maybe its just me, but I HATE to go to the mall and avoid it if there is anyway possible. That said, thanks for your candor and honesty on this matter. Its always good to hear both the good and bad. We aren't perfect, but we do listen and try to work to accommodate as many people as we can. At the end of the day...if you get what you want...and are stoked on it...thats whats important. Enjoy and get out on the water! Bill @ Performance
www.perfski.com
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-08-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
Sorry....thanks by the way for all those who gave us some love in this post. Also, one thing you might want to make sure you do if you are in the store. We have seasonal sales about 6 times a year offer deals on EVERYTHING in the shop. You can get notified of these sales by joining our PLC inside the store or entering your email address on our website. We have one coming up on March 20-22. ALL surfwear will be on sale during these events....and is a good time to get hooked up on all sorts of deals. Also will be having a Demo Sale in the coming months on all our demo gear. check the site for updates. BP
www.perfski.com

(Message edited by perfski on March 08, 2009)
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-08-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
Nothing against your store Bill, been in there several times both on ( OWC ) & off site. Never had bad service & you have great people in your shops.

But I'm sure the kid is with his parents/family and will need to go where the majority rules
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-09-2009, 11:36 PM Reply   
I saw some really cool short shorts with rasta-looking piping on em last time i was at performance. Pac Sun don't have them yet!

(Message edited by luke_j on March 09, 2009)

(Message edited by luke_j on March 09, 2009)
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-10-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
hello Justin, as a customer of Performance since last century, 1991,i say if your in the O-town area you HAVE to at least stop in at Performance and look around ! this place is an iconic brick to our sports foundation, supporting the wake scene on every level since the very beginning. Not only are there always great deals of some kind but the folks are all super cool and water friendly, known for their service and knowledge; plus you never know who you might bump into, Necrason, Byerly , Murray, Shapiro, there are water rippers of all kinds going in and out the doors of Performance, definetly worth a look -- see !!! heck, buy a sweet a** "gravel tour" or Perfomance t-shirt if nothing else, I'd WAY rather have that than a RJ or PS t-shirt...jus say'n, when the las time PacSun put on a grassroots wake tourny? we all should support our local boardshops !!
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-10-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
I couldn't have said it better myself! I spend my money there every time I have some
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-10-2009, 8:33 PM Reply   
Thanks Scott, from what i've seen over almost 20 years of wakeboarding, very few have given as much, so often, as Bill has to our sport. that's why i won't be going across the street.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-10-2009, 8:37 PM Reply   
And as a major sponsor, Bill has been helping to bring you WakeWorld for free for many, many years now!! The old saying, "support the shops that support you" applies in a big way for Performance!!
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-11-2009, 5:54 AM Reply   
i go to Performance every time im in orlando. i always find something i havent found elsewhere
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-11-2009, 11:20 AM Reply   
Performance is a great store! We'll be landing at Orlando Airport from the UK on Monday afternoon and heading straight there! Never found anywhere else that has such a great range. And there's always a good deal or three.
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
Right on brutto ! that's what i'm talking about!!! Need a pull while ur here ? hit me up with a PM. Gravel Tour kicks off 3/21; pretty cool scene to check out if ya'll are still in the area then.