Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-02-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
Yesterday my mom came back from England, and was telling us all about her trip. She was watching the news over there and the news station was reporting on one of their lakes. She said there was a lot of powerboats, and I was getting interested b/c I thought she was going to say wakeboarders too. Well she did, but the news cast reported that there were so many people on the lake, that there were a lot of complaints about the noise and speed of boats. B/c of that they put a 10 mph speed limit on that lake. The last part of the news showed how wakeboarders get around at 10 mph. They don't get around.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-02-2005, 9:12 AM Reply   
It’s Lake Windermere in Cumbria (the Lake District) England biggest lake, and it was the only lake out of 21 that didn’t already have a 10mph speed limit for powered craft.
Now it to has had a 10mph limit imposed "because of the incompatability of power boats and sail boats on the same lake" strange when you consider that sail boats can use many of the other lakes that the power boats are the ones to suffer.
However as the ban came in to force at Midnight there were people wakeboarding 5 mins later and more in the days that followed, we wont be taking it laying down.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-02-2005, 5:21 PM Reply   
We have the same sort of conflicts in our area but with fishermen. There is only one lake in the area that is unlimited horsepower. But when you are wakeboarding, the fishermen give you a hard time because of the large wakes. We have nowhere else to go and the fishermen can go to three other lakes that are 10 hp only. Plus there are large sections of the unlimited hp lake that are posted "no wake".
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-04-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
we always have to suffer the consequences of living in a world of dumasses... last summer a jet ski started jumping the wake behind us while someone was riding... samething with all the other powerboat driving the pedal to the metal and power turning everywhere...

few know the meaning of the word respect...
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-04-2005, 3:23 PM Reply   
The problem at my lake, is people don't know what a spotter is. This one guy goes all over the place in his boat, cutting people off, and actually getting really dangerous.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-06-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
Where I live, ballast systems arent allowed (they forgot to mention sand, I had 1000 lbs in it). some old bastard in his pontoon boat tried to run over our rope handle after the rider fell. So, we politely made sure his boat didn't start for the rest of the year. Yea, it gets really old taking BS from fishermen and these private lake (which my parents live on)geriatrics. Another BS rule: can't ride after 7:00 during the week and 8:00 on wknds. thats when you're dying to get in a set cause its glass. We don't go to that lake any more... It amazes me how people think you're in "their" cove or messing up "their" water. I mean share the damn sandbox.

Hey Jamie, at least you can surf. See how they like that wake