Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-03-2007, 7:23 AM Reply   
I've been riding a O'brien Ambush and am ready to upgrade. The Ambush is a really flat board with a single fin which is really hard to break loose. That is probably a good thing for learning on but tough to advance with. The Ambush is really squirly (sp) when you land in the flats also.

I'm considering a PS3 or Axis and would like to hear from some of you that may have ridden these boards.

My skills..........HS W2W, TS W2W, half cab's and surface 180's when I can break that thing loose.

I don't have a place that I can demo at so I need some input from you guy's.......

thanks to all
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-03-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
Demo a Hyperlite 3DS. It really does everything well and you will not be disappointed. Try to get some smaller fins than the stock ones and you'll be able to break it loose no problem.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-03-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
If you are interested in the Axis, you need to check out the Natrual. Super fast with sweet POP and soft landings. The four fin setup allows it to track well yet still break loose easy.

I actually think LF built the Axis based on the Natural design!!
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-03-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
look at the LF Shane. i just got one last week and i love it. it's a really fun board to just ride and shred and it holds good edges. And and it looks tight.
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-03-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
ask me some questions about it and ill let you know what you want, but theres too many good things for me just list
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-03-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
i've riden both...imo...the axis is a better board...both are somewhat slippery...ps3 has a center fin so you can make it really squirly or lock it in...axis only has molds but it's slippery when you want it to be and it's super smooth off the top of the wake...for my riding style i prefer the axis...it's faster than the ps3 and although not quite as consistent on the pop as the ps3 i think it has more...

they're both great boards...it really depends on how you want it to ride...axis is based off the shane board, it's just a toned down version, not quite as wide and but comes in bigger sizes...ps3 is really unlike any of their other boards...think ab the difference in the riders as well...soven is a very technical rider and henny is all ab the free ride...
Old     (hyule)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-03-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
Im riding an 2007 LF team and was thinking of an LF Shane. Would it be a somewhat similar ride. Basically, I'm looking for something more aggressive than the team, with more pop, softer landings?

The team breaks loose really well. You hardly have to think about it. Would the shane do that as well. I'm worried about the two molded in fins on the end of each tip. Would that make it really sticky????????
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-03-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
"Im riding an 2007 LF team and was thinking of an LF Shane. Would it be a somewhat similar ride. Basically, I'm looking for something more aggressive than the team, with more pop, softer landings?"

Then the shane is what your looking for if your still tryna stay with LF..and right now i think i just saw one for $200 in the for sale section...

the shane is super slick...i was never a fan of riding with fins but ride it with the fins and it hooks up like none of the other boards i've ever ridden...
Old     (merrion13)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-03-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
Johan,
I am assuming you are riding the 07 Team with the center fin removed, since with that center fin I found it very hard to break loose. I ride the 07 Shane, definitely has more pop than the Team but I am a little less consistent with it. The Shane rides super smooth, almost feels like riding on a cloud, until you edge and then it grips strong and hard. The landings are much softer than the Team due to the concaves on the bottom (as opposed to the flatter bottom of the Team). As far as the molded fins on the Shane go, you won't even notice them; this board is looser than a college girl on spring break. Hope that helps.