Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-20-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
everybody has talked about the guru tramp boards, but how about the trampoline setups. i am looking at buying a 14' one and setting it at a slight angle away from where i have the rope tied off. right now we sometimes use a friends that doesn't wakeboard and we have to block up one side just to get it level. i was wondering what type of setup you guys were using or suggested.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-20-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
DO NOT JUMP ON A TRAMPOLINE THAT IS NOT LEVEL. YOU WILL DIE!!!!

A 14' should be plenty big.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-20-2007, 2:48 PM Reply   
"a 14' should be plenty big"

Thats what your mom said.
Old     (gurubrdz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-21-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
Putting your tramp at a slight angle definitly helps keep tension on the line when jumping, especially when learning off-axis or Raley based moves.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-21-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
yeah thats what my plan was, and just a slight angle. i was also hoping it would help me with handle passes because the added tension would make me fight it to stay on axis, like when on the water.
Old     (gurubrdz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-21-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
If it's a round Tramp or any other kind, just make sure it's anchored properly after you find your angle. It doesn't take much, and safety is key!
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-21-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
And don't forget your Guru!!!!
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-21-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
Anybody ever think of attaching the handle to a bungee cord? It pulls back against you so that you have tension on rope all the time.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-21-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
I use a bungee setup to create tension. I agree with Ron, a trampoline at an angle is asking for trouble. One missed handlepass and its all bad.

My bungee setup involves two Climbing carabeaners. I have a 5ft rope wrapped around my tree hooked to a carabeaner. Then I have a Bungee that is about 1 & 1/2 feet long. At the end of that is the other carabeaner attaching to the rope. Right now I am using 6 bungees for the proper tension. I also use a fail safe piece of rope connecting the two carabeaners together in case the bungee were to break.
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-21-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
haven't tried the bungee idea....does it help that much? I feel like I can sort of load the line anyway when jumping on my tramp on a flat surface....I sort of bounce away from where the rope is connected.