Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (retrow)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2008, 3:57 AM Reply   
Hey guys. I rode my first contest 2 days ago, and it was awesome! Although i didnt end up high, i met lots of other wakeboarders (Im one of the only boarders down south in the netherlands), and had a great time. It also made me get stoked on wakeboarding so much more!

So, im wanting to progress alot now for my new contest, but i have no coaching whatsoever, so id like you guys to give me some suggestions on which tricks i could improve on. Heres the list of tricks ive got now:

Multiple grabs - Nosegrab, tailgrab, indy, mute, stalefish, just all of the Not extremely hard grabs.

180's - HS FS 180, TS FS 180 and i can grab them with most of the grabs named above. Switch HS FS 180.

Ive also been trying tantrums for a while... BUt the timing is really really nothing for me...

Id say trying backrolls? Frontrolls? Just name a trick you think i could make.

Cheers!

Bob.
Old     (want2ridealot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-28-2008, 6:27 AM Reply   
3s learn them 1 wake then just simply take them bigger
Old    rpettman            07-28-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
The Filthy Fashion

Heelside fashion air to FS 180. Looks pretty funny and it is also kind of technical because you have to bring you hand back down and grab the rope from your other hand to do the 180.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-28-2008, 10:27 PM Reply   
BS ones, stiffy's, backroll, ts backroll, 3's.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2008, 11:24 PM Reply   
I don't know if you want to be taking advice from me personally because I'm not exactly the smartest contest rider, but I do ride a lot of them and I usually place above the halfway mark. figure out what the other guy is doing and try to learn it switch. so learn that switch toeside 180 w2w. if you have your regular ts 180 locked it shouldn't be too difficult, just a little akward.
Old     (retrow)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-29-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
Thx for the replys guys :-)

I have to add a new trick to the list, and im extremely stoked about it: I landed the frontroll as my first invert, multiple times in a row!

I actually tried it once for fun, and to my surprise i actually got pretty close. After 5 tries, i sticked my frontroll and it felt awesome!

I tried 3 more, and i landed em all nice and clean. I dont get why this is the first invert i land and why i can do it so easily, but compared to the tantrum timing it is 10000000000x easier.... But maybe i think the same about the tantrum when i stick that for the first time (Im not close yet, releasing the handle on takeoff :< )

Anyways, landing my first invert is really awesome, and im going to try my backroll and some 360's tomorrow

Keep the suggestions comeing, ill try the switch ts 180 too, and the BS on.

How hard is that ts backroll?