Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-14-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
Where do you guys/girls buy your gear and accessories from? It doesn't matter if its a US based site as long as they ship to canada (preferably USPS). I havn't found many CDN only sites that sell gear at a good price.

Any links appreciated. Im looking at buying some ballast systems and a tower over the winter.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-14-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
.....I have bought all my stuff from ebay....from stores such as grizzly sports...djs boardshop.....evo gear etc....anybody with the best price and an excellent ebay record. alot send fed ex or ups but if you ask you can often get usps which is our preferred method as they usually dont ding us so much for broker fee.

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on October 14, 2007)
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-14-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
thanks mike. Oh year congrats on the new boat.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-14-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
Matt, the trick is to find someplace that uses US post instead of UPS. The handling charges for customs are only $5 if it comes in by mail and they're about $60 if one of the courier companies charges you brokerage. It doesn't really matter what the value of the package is.
Old    110outlet            10-14-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
Ive had great luck with Buywake, and Evogear is quite good as well. Oh ya UPS has the higest duty fees, im not sure why you think there good, DHL is pretty resonable, and so is US Post but it will take longer to get here. The best deal is if you can get them to ship it buy UPS Air freight, UPS for some reason wont charge you duty if you pay more up front for the shipping, but all other shipping buy UPS is brutal in duty fees. Fedex sends you the duty fee in the mail and you cant pay it online, you have to call and pay over the phone or go in to pay it. Ive done a lot of cross boardshoping and dosent matter really how you ask them to ship it they all have there own shipping companys they deal with. But like i said UPS has the worst broker fees, but for some reason if its sent by UPS Air they dont. Check it out on there website, im pretty sure they do a shipping and broker fee break down to Canada.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-14-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
I have never liked UPS, I always use USPS when I can. I have been burned too many times with UPS and their stupid brockerage fees.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-14-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
i bought from evo gear. really good. had a problem with dhl and some communication between them, but shipping was pretty fast and not very expensive.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-14-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
wakeside.com... *shameless plug*
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-14-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
I like the stuff on wakeside, thats why I was originally posting this question. I emailed them about using USPS because all they list for CDN shipments is a couple of UPS options.
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-14-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
Evogear.com
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-14-2007, 9:30 PM Reply   
got my board and boots from grizzly, great guys!

ive had some stuff from wakeside and dj's too.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       10-15-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
thewakehouse.com is good as well. friends have had good luck with it. email or call, you get a person right away, very helpful.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-15-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
great experiences with WakeSide.com
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-16-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
BoardersMall.com... *another shameless plug*
Old     (skurfer666)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-16-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
Check out StokeCity's website. They have a list of canadian shops you can check out.
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-16-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
Can't go wrong with boardersmall.com.