Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-09-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
I dinged my prop up this past weekend. I was fortunately just putting it into gear and I heard a little clicking and slapped it back in neutral quick so the damage is minimal. No vibration or anything, but just don't want to take any chances. I have an 02 X-star with the 310hp motor. The current prop has the number 645 stamped on it and it is a 13.25 x 16. This is my first inboard boat and it performs so much better than all the I/O's I've been in. I'm wondering if making any changes to the pitch of this prop would improve the performance even more? The boat comes out of the hole pretty well, except when heavily weighted with lots of peeps, then it seems a little slow to plane. The boat goes 43 mph already, about 20mph more than I need! So I don't care if I lose top end speed. I also have a spare prop that has the number 381 stamped on it and is 13.5 x 17.5. I'm assuming this would be worse as far as performance for coming out of the hole? Do shops ever take props in on trade? Maybe I could trade that one in for a prop more suited for my needs? Thanks for any advice.