Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-21-2014, 1:32 PM Reply   
http://pavati.com/al-24/

Last edited by rexlex01; 02-21-2014 at 1:36 PM.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-21-2014, 1:51 PM Reply   
Got that email. Must be a lot of interest or at least enough to explore the broad size run that is listed.
Old     (Alleykat)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-21-2014, 1:57 PM Reply   
Love the photo of the guy welding on the tower with no welding mask or protection of any kind. That's class construction there. He wont build many if that's how they do it round there.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       02-21-2014, 2:32 PM Reply   
Looks like a lot of standard features!...I wonder what msrp is on these guys.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-21-2014, 3:14 PM Reply   
We just posted a grip of photos from the Utah Boat Show. Really great looking boat!!

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...w.html?page=10
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       02-21-2014, 3:25 PM Reply   
Man, that boat is pretty sweet. I love the tower on it, and even the speakers on top doesnt look horrible like on most towers. Definitely would like to see one in person!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-21-2014, 3:29 PM Reply   
great pics. Some of the stuff is kinda weird, but also some really cool stuff. Like their power management ideas. Their commitment to metal is a bit over the top (a plastic dash would be OK, guys), and that walkway pullout drawer I don't get.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       02-21-2014, 3:42 PM Reply   
got to surf the original one. biggest improvement are the "adult" paint/vinyl scheme vs all the skulls on the original.

the majority of the comments I remember from the polar bear were:
-batteries in the bilge.
-front bow was way too shallow for any kids
-"rodeo" chair on the rear was cool for access but let water in every time we stopped from the surfwave.

biggest positive was the top notch weld quality. these guys do build a rock solid boat...

if they fixed these issues they were on the right track toward a true comp boat. heard wakeboard wake was solid. surfwave had a hard transition and needed a bunch more weight but boat kept filling with water from the chair on the transom. great access to engine but needed to be watertight..

pics look great. hope to see them selling a few. was cool to see them beach the boat and not care unlike the rest of the inboards.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-21-2014, 4:04 PM Reply   
Those boats look like they are really coming along.
Looks like they got the dash cleaned up a bit from the mess it used to be.
Old     (bingbing)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-21-2014, 6:34 PM Reply   
What is the MSRP? It appears to be a secret. Did the dealer at Utah show post a spelling price? I guess we can call one their current dealers in BC,UT,TX,AZ,AR,or MT. I find It a little odd there aren't any dealers in OR.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-21-2014, 6:50 PM Reply   
I'm guessing the MSRP is going to be 80-100k
!!! now here is where the thread turn negiatave. Continue on.
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       02-21-2014, 7:01 PM Reply   
The one at the Portland Boat show which had was pretty well optioned out was around 120k if memory serves me correct.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-21-2014, 7:07 PM Reply   
For that kinda scratch it needs to have the demonstrably BEST wake (surf or wake, preferably both)
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-21-2014, 7:46 PM Reply   
People on wake world harsh for having a rear seat built into the transom....Pavati replies with 3.....I like their style ha ha
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-21-2014, 8:03 PM Reply   
Steal NSS much?
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       02-21-2014, 8:40 PM Reply   
is it me or does this look like it should be something from star wars? half r2d2 half imperial ship! hahahaha!!!... but seriously i hope they do well and become successful.
Attached Images

Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-21-2014, 9:51 PM Reply   
Yeah a bit over the top for me. The exterior graphics look like they are from an 80's movie about what graphics might look like in the year 2050. I actually like the interior. Looks very nice and super quality. Looks like they are moving in the right direction as long as the wake can stack up.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-21-2014, 9:52 PM Reply   
Is that the tracking fin on the bottom? Looks like it came off the bat mobile.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-22-2014, 12:03 AM Reply   
That boat was pretty nice at the show. $120K, 2K per side of gravity ballast, They can customize the hull for the surfer or the wakeboarder, theyre using the same computer Engineering software the other big boys are using to see what a hull design will do in/on the water before even building it. Speakers could be mounted even farther out then in the pick, they had a solution for that. Also there is an option to throw in a diesel motor which lasts longer than gas and is considerably cheaper (offroad/heating oil)......So Ive beeen told. Overall it was a pretty cool boat., The dealer has one in each of their 2 locations (Peterson Marine Ogden/SLC)

The little guy was a trooper, he was tired, hungry got lost twice and ready to leave after he had to have every free sticker and boat brochure that was available.
Attached Images

Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-22-2014, 3:09 AM Reply   
I am trying to find the reason behind the solid aluminum? The only thing I can see is if you hit something it would be stronger than glass. I just checked the dry weight and it is only 300lbs lighter than an Axis A-24?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-22-2014, 5:15 AM Reply   
I believe the one at the Utah Boat Show was $128,000, but they claimed to have sold it on the first day. As far as the advantages of aluminum, they say the resale of any aluminum boat vs. fiberglass is much higher because of the durability. I'm assuming they're basing this on fishing boats (which they also sell), so I'm not sure how that translates into wakeboarding boats. They also say that customizing it for the customer is a lot easier since each one is done by hand.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       02-22-2014, 5:37 AM Reply   
http://orlando.craigslist.org/bod/4340577071.html

They''re dropping them on CL here in Orlando with pricing. Unique boat for sure.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-22-2014, 8:01 AM Reply   
If I had the money for a new boat they would be my first choice. Much stronger and so easily customized.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-22-2014, 9:01 AM Reply   
I think its a great boat. I like simple graphics, but again it's aluminum. Strip it and paint it over and over. 4800 ballast is pretty awesome as well. Good job, price is a little high for my wallet I wonder if I drank 10,000 beers and dropped the aluminum cans off they would give me a break?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-22-2014, 9:09 AM Reply   
sweet ride but for that kind of cash the helm looks a little too kit car-ish for me.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-22-2014, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
I believe the one at the Utah Boat Show was $128,000, but they claimed to have sold it on the first day. As far as the advantages of aluminum, they say the resale of any aluminum boat vs. fiberglass is much higher because of the durability. I'm assuming they're basing this on fishing boats (which they also sell), so I'm not sure how that translates into wakeboarding boats. They also say that customizing it for the customer is a lot easier since each one is done by hand.
Dave, they claimed to of sold 4 of them at the show.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-22-2014, 10:31 AM Reply   
128K for a brand new untested, unproven brand. Never mind its a brand new concept in tow boats-aluminum. Its bad enough that the established companies are asking 120K+ for their flag ship rigs. Sure they sold 4 of them at one show for 128 grand. I bet their was a line. I bet not to many dealers are selling 4 established 128K boats at the show(G's, Xstars, etc.)

I wish them the best, but trying to enter the market at that price point seems like a no win. I would think these should be the same idea as any new entry into a market, it needs to do what the established competition is doing for significantly less. I just don't know that their are a lot of people who want an aluminum tow boat. Maybe if their was a price incentive, but not for the same or more. Aluminum boats have the stereo type of being for fishing, for years many companies have tried to make aluminum family runabouts and those never caught on much, so why would a much more expensive Vdrive which is the most focused market of the family open bow boat market? For that price I don't see these catching on.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-22-2014, 10:50 AM Reply   
Someone should go old school stripped down classic wake boat re-production and call it the "Wakeworld Poor-Vati and sell them like hotcakes for $50K

Last edited by rexlex01; 02-22-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       02-22-2014, 11:38 AM Reply   
That boat looks sick!
Old     (ddean)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-22-2014, 2:00 PM Reply   
Beautiful boat with a cheap looking dash and low end gauges. They missed a nice finishing touch there
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-22-2014, 3:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerwm View Post
Got that email. Must be a lot of interest or at least enough to explore the broad size run that is listed.
When I talked to Chuck @ Pavati he said the 26 would even have a built in head...
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       02-22-2014, 5:58 PM Reply   
My impressions:
1. The driver's console looks like crap. The gauges look cheap and not really well thought out on location, and the switches look like they'd be a pain to operate being more or less directly mounted on the column.
2. The cooler in the floor I can understand...but the trash/recycle bins seem like they're in a weird location that would be kinda annoying to access constantly.
3. Aside from the dash and floor bins, I'm really digging the interior design overall. It's simple and clean, looks like it would be pretty comfortable, and appears to be pretty quality construction. Also liking the new graphics options vs. the old stupid skull/flames prototype they had last year.
4. I like the tower shape, although it seems a bit "large". I would imagine that there is a pretty severe blind spot with it being that big and close to the driver.
5. It appears the only access to the engine bay is from the rear outside of the boat. That seems pretty stupid for anyone other than the mechanic trying to access it while it's on the trailer, especially if the seat/hatch isn't very well sealed.
6. I would imagine there's gonna be a ton of lawsuits inbound with that rear transom seating setup when people (who may or may not be slightly intoxicated....) start falling out of the seats while moving and end up hurting themselves.
7. The bow playpen looks to be pretty damn roomy. I'm liking that it appears to have quite a bit more depth vs. the prototype.
8. The amount of factory ballast is absolutely insane and I'm willing to bet that people are still gonna try and throw even more into that bow storage area and center floor locker. I can't wait to see how this thing does with a ton of weight in it.
9. For $125-135K (since that is what it's looking like now), I wouldn't even touch it since you're getting into G23 territory. I'm not really one of those guys who drops that kinda money to be different, I'd rather have tried and true performance which we all know the G series has. I think if they had come in around the $80-$85K base range, and about $100-105K fully optioned out, then they would probably have a much more successful launch and sell a ton of them. Then if the platform turns out to be really good and blows other wakeboats out of the water, they could justify bringing prices up on future models.
10. Being the redneck that I am and growing up around aluminum jon boats my whole life, I know how much of a beating they can take and think this is a great idea and can be a real thorn in the side of the big boys in the industry. I just think they're going a bit too big with the vision for their launch.

Overall, if I hadn't just bought a new RZ4 this past year, I would probably give this boat a long hard look...but only if they could get the price down to a bit more reasonable level. I do like the fact that most of it is customizable though, so there would be the option of making a few changes. I think they'll sell quite a few boats to guys who are more concerned with making a statement with what they're driving and not a lot of guys like us who are constantly using it for what it's actually designed for. I wish them the best of luck.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-23-2014, 9:27 AM Reply   
I wonder if the wave can be better since it doesn't have a rub rail?
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       02-23-2014, 12:56 PM Reply   
That is an absolutely huge open bow. The boat looks sweet, I want to see some wake performance on it though. It looks amazing, but does it perform?