Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-05-2013, 5:23 PM Reply   
Dowdy's clean double roll w2w floating around on the book of face, got me thinking. What if this summer it's doubleville for the win like the triple is for snowboarding?
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-05-2013, 7:02 PM Reply   
post that video bruh
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-06-2013, 9:44 AM Reply   
trick to trick it is basically a double cork. I think other moves are technically more difficult but it is definitely the in trick to do.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-06-2013, 11:37 AM Reply   
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2648991760361
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-06-2013, 12:46 PM Reply   
Wow... that was disturbingly clean... so awesome!
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       01-06-2013, 1:54 PM Reply   
Yeah that was legit. Is far fetched to see guys start trying tripples off double ups?
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2013, 5:09 PM Reply   
More videos...

from pointless on Vimeo.

from Brett Brinkerhoff on Vimeo.

Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-06-2013, 6:01 PM Reply   
I don't want to know how long that took to compile... lol
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-08-2013, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quick question: Regarding Dowdy's double backroll here, did he take it to revert/switch because its easier to land that way (ie. the trick naturally wants to go that way anyway)? Just curious....
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-08-2013, 9:52 AM Reply   
I've always said that all good backrolls want to go to revert.

For an advanced rider they are both easy tricks (singles not doubles), but a roll-to-revert is more natural when you edge away hard. I believe that would hold true for a double.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-08-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
Yeah that was legit. Is far fetched to see guys start trying tripples off double ups?
No. Darin was trying triple fronts 10 years ago or so. I wouldn't be surprised if the first would be stuck in '13. Question is: who?!
Old     (carter134)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-08-2013, 2:12 PM Reply   
harley posted sa video on his facebook of a double tantrum and he said lookig for ward to inventing some new tricks
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-08-2013, 2:49 PM Reply   
yeah The Scud was trying to huck Triple Fronts at the first Double or Nothing back in the day.

I am not that shocked at all the doubles off of kickers. The wake to wake doubles are where its at so clean and so fresh looking.

TRIVIA Q - who did the first w2w double? I gotta ask because cause no one have mentioned him yet.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2013, 2:58 PM Reply   
Trevor Hansen.

I don't know why Cisco came in with all the videos of kicker doubles. I hate it when people compare to snowboarding, but my point is, if anyone follows snow they know that pretty much Mcmorris has it wrapped up every contest as long as he lands a triple cork that he has on lock, and it makes everyone else attempt it, whether they're one a few to land them as well or not, to even have a chance at winning. Who knows what Shaun White really has, but I doubt he has a triple off a booter. Hopefully more guys get them in their bag by summer, or else Harley and maybe Dowdy will run away with it.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-08-2013, 3:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Trevor Hansen.

I don't know why Cisco came in with all the videos of kicker doubles. I hate it when people compare to snowboarding, but my point is, if anyone follows snow they know that pretty much Mcmorris has it wrapped up every contest as long as he lands a triple cork that he has on lock, and it makes everyone else attempt it, whether they're one a few to land them as well or not, to even have a chance at winning. Who knows what Shaun White really has, but I doubt he has a triple off a booter. Hopefully more guys get them in their bag by summer, or else Harley and maybe Dowdy will run away with it.
Well said!
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2013, 4:04 PM Reply   
Haha! My bad. I didnt realize we were talking about doubles behind the boat. Here is another just for fun!

Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-08-2013, 8:05 PM Reply   
the amount of air dowdy gets for that w2w roll is absolutely ridiculous.
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-09-2013, 8:36 AM Reply   
What the?? When did Harley land that? I thought Shane Bonifay was the only one who could do that toeside! And Harley did that really clean too... no celebration or anything. Just another trick!

On the original topic, I would have to think with all these W2W double inverts going down behind the boat, that a triple would at least be possible off the double-up.
Old     (carter134)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-09-2013, 12:52 PM Reply   
jeff langley has so much tim on his double on if hucked harder he could have gone triple

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/dub...angley-dub-x3/
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-10-2013, 3:46 AM Reply   
Yeah, Jeff had lots of time on that.
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-10-2013, 3:59 AM Reply   
I just noticed that Shane's version of the double toeside roll to revert is different than Harley's. Shane does a toeside roll to revert into a frontroll. It's because Shane does his 180 during the first roll that it naturally sends him into a frontroll for the 2nd rotation. It's different, and probably should be named something else. Harley's is a two straight ts backrolls and than a 180 at the end.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-10-2013, 3:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter134 View Post
jeff langley has so much tim on his double on if hucked harder he could have gone triple

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/dub...angley-dub-x3/
No. He. Couldn't.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       01-10-2013, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
No. He. Couldn't.
Why not? If he hucked it as hard as Parks used to huck the double half cab roll, that could be a triple...
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-10-2013, 3:47 PM Reply   
I don't get what makes a ___cork now. The term came to popularity with Shaun White doing halfpipe tricks that were inverted spins that were "double corks" because he changed the axis of rotation, the first "flip" would be on one axis, then he would duck his head into a different axis for the second flip of his total 1080,1260, etc of rotation.

That triple cork 1440 just looks like an off axis 1440. I dont see three different axes of rotation. Didn't off axis spins used to have different names like "rodeo" spins? Who/when changed the names to "____cork?"

I'm not as up to speed on my snowboarding terminology as wakeboarding...am I missing something or is the double/triple cork fad causing everyone to rename their off axis spins to sound cooler? (Kind of like when any messed up backflip was called A THREE-SIXTY!!!!! in motocross best trick)
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       01-11-2013, 5:53 AM Reply   
You're right, you aren't up on your snowboard lingo... there are also double rodeos, and someone has done a triple but it was kind of ambiguous and I didn't think it was as legit as some of the doubles I'd seen... it was hucked.

Rodeo is different than cork, is different than misty etc... Can't explain it without a ton of videos that I won't look up