Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-19-2007, 10:57 PM Reply   
I have always ridden a continuous rocker board, but wanted more pop. I tried the Ronix One three times this season but didn't feel that it was very consistent (I know its due to the 3 stage rocker) and I also like to land in the flats sometimes and the One gave my whole body the worst jar I have ever received when landing in the flats. I know that most 3 stage board are for landing just wake to wake, but I like the option on taking it into the flats. It sounds like a lot of people love their CWB Transcends, how do they compare to the Ronix One? Is there another board that I should be looking at besides the Transcend that will give great pop, ride fast, land SOFT wake to wake AND into the flats, and is loose? It would be great to also find a board with these qualities and still have rails that don't catch if I come short on a spin. My Ronix One 142 will be for sale (used 3 times and is in new condition), let me know if anyone is interested.
Thanks for your help
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-19-2007, 11:20 PM Reply   
the great thing about the transcend is how you can customize the ride...I saw a HUGE difference in the board after removing the extended fins, before, it felt like the board was on rails. After I pulled off the fins, the board was so much easier to butter around on, and felt a lot better in initiating a cut.

I can't say much about the one, except that my friend has one, and loves the pop, but hates the landings. The transcend (to me) is a bit different, the pop isn't insane (at least for me), but super-predictable. The landings are very soft, due to the spine.

So, if you are looking for a board that goes from tight to loose with a screwdriver, and has well-controlled pop and decent landings, I would say check out the transcend...personally, its my favorite ride (so far)
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-20-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
I havn't tried the Transend but it sound like you would like the Marius. I have been riding the 08 for a while now and love it. I came from riding 3 stage boards and wasn't sure if I would like the board or not but it has a ton of pop and is a great board to land in the flats with due to the dual center spine and how wide the board is. It is very loose if you ride it finless and if you do opt to use the fin it helps keep the board stable but still will break loose very easily. I don't like boards that catch edges either and have come up a little short on a couple of heel 5's and just been able to smash through the wake and ride away,(and I'm a little guy smashing through a big wake). I wouldn't say that the board is really fast but you can lay it on and edge with instant results.

Sorry that I didn't have any info on the boards that you asked about but I thought I just throw that out there since it sounds like the board that you are describing.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-20-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
I haven't ridden the One, but the Transcend is a phenomenal board. You can adjust the fin length instead of the depth, which allows you add traction in smaller intervals without completely changing the way the board rides. I personally run it with no fins, but some guys run the fin extensions on the edges they have trouble with. For example, you can lengthen just your switch TS fin. Not that fin is a patch for good form of course. The Transcend is my favorite board so far. Keep in mind that I haven't ridden anything but CWB in years.
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-20-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
I have ridden the 07 Ronix One, CWB Absolute Platty, 08 Transcend Platty, 07 Marius Platty, 07 Faction. I would have to say that the 08 transcend is a sick board lots of pop and lands soft, The absolute is a great board that do it all well, love the Faction lots of pop and soft landings but a little to heavy ( I'm used to ridding the platty) The 07 marius I was not feeling, too loose w/o fins and way to tight with, the pop was good but edging was off maybe due to how wide the board is. I only rode it for about 8 sets. And last the ronix one I hated, not consistent at all, lots of pop but watch out you will catch your edge sometimes.
Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-20-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
Have you thought about the Ibex?? Read some reviews on it. It seems like what your'e looking for.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-20-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
I'm sold on the CWB Faction. I've been riding the Absolute for ever & didn't really enjoy the Transcend. I like the Faction because it has a ton of pop for a continuous board, is pretty quick rail to rail and lands a lot softer than an Absolute. The new 08 is slightly redesigned and while not as light as a Platinum, not terribly heavy. Me gusta.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-20-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
Rode the One when it first came out, loved the popage, but it ended there. I do love the One bindings on my Roam though. My daily driver is the Trans Plat, and it's just a sic all-around -does-everything stick.....
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-20-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
Cant go wrong with the Transcend IMO, it does everything great!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-20-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
Wow Heavy! You finally gave up the Absolute eh? Never thought we would see the day.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-20-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
That makes two of us. Now I just gotta bug them enough to make me a Platinum!! J-Rod, you ever tried it?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-20-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
I have not. I'm sure that you're one of those guys (like me) that can look at the bottom of a board and know whether or not you'll like it. The Faction doesn't look like a board for me, but I do need to give it a chance.