Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-15-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
Curious if anyone has had problem with the lace retractor thing on the 07 Zeus binding. A friend of mine just bought a pair and the lace won't retract on one of the bindings. Is this a common problem? I was thinking of trying out a pair of Zeus's and was curious. Do the 08 Zeus have the same lace retractor thing?
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-15-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
Yeah that was a major problem with them and CWB will replace the wraps with a different one that doesn't use the recoil. They just use normal laces instead and actually hold much better than the recoil did. You can send them the bindings and they will do it for you or you can have them send you the wraps and do it yourself (it's not hard at all). They will do this at no charge. You should check out the Zues it is a very good binding that is easy on off and performs very well with little to no heel lift. The 08 does not use the recoil and is actually a closed toe boot. It is taller and stiffer than the 07 and looks sweet. I rode those for a while and didn't like how high the wrap came up on my leg at first but they grew on me. Then I was asked to send them back so CWB could see how they were holding up and they sent me a pair of answers which are more compareable to the 07 zues and are more flexible as well. I love them, best binding I have put my foot in.