Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (generalkyle)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-20-2013, 11:41 AM Reply   
We have an 06 moomba mobius lsv with stock everything for stereo. Two speakers in the bow, two speakers on the port side, two on the starboard side and two on the tower. The left bow speaker crackles and distorts and the right tower speaker just quit working. We want a pair of better tower speakers and then we can replace the bad bow speaker with the one current tower speaker that still works. With the stock tower speakers we can hear the music a little bit while boarding but not very well. Unfortunately we can't justify spending $1000 or more per wetsound. If anyone is selling any or know any good deals it would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-20-2013, 12:59 PM Reply   
I suggest dealing with your current setup and save up so you can buy new good ones for next season. If you buy used or a new set of old generations you will be extremely disappointed when they don't last more than a season. Also remember your more than likely going to have to upgrade your amp so you don't under power the new speakers and blow em
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-20-2013, 1:00 PM Reply   
99 times out of 100 you get what you pay for. So cheap means low quality
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-20-2013, 2:33 PM Reply   
Kyle,
If you want to hear music with any degree of distinction at wake range you will need at least one pair of HLCDs in an 8-inch variety or larger. Plus, you will not be able to avoid upgrading the power to the tower so add an amplifier to the list also. There is no less expensive way and you cannot replace quality with quantity. Trying to get out on the cheap will only cost you more in the long run. You won't be satisfied and you will have to duplicate the purchase.
Wetsounds is the best quality in a long range projecting tower speaker. You can do an cheap imitation for less with anything. A good option is to purchase a pair of used Wetsounds Pro80s plus an amplifier. You can get this done under $1K. Or, you can get a new pair of Wetsounds Icon8 (8-inch surf speaker) and an amplifier to drive them for in the $1000 area. An automotive 6.5" on the tower is a waste of money. If you are on a budget, wasteful spending is the last thing you can afford.

David
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-20-2013, 2:45 PM Reply   
Don't forget about budgeting $ for the wire you'll need. It can be costly to install amps with proper high quality wire.
Old     (04avyboarder)      Join Date: May 2012       07-20-2013, 5:54 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/classifield....php?view=3531 here is a listing for 2 sets of pro 80's and amp... States he will sell just 1 pair.
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-20-2013, 9:39 PM Reply   
Look on craigslist. I just picked up a pair of pro80s for $500 shipped from a guy in texas. Use a site like search tempest and search wet sounds, it takes some time but you can find good deals.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-21-2013, 7:56 AM Reply   
They are worth every penny!
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-22-2013, 11:17 AM Reply   
Just picked up a threesome for $500..................ok it was a buddy deal but I'm stoked. Just gotta figure out the amp situation and track down the clamp inserts.........
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-22-2013, 11:23 AM Reply   
Double-Up for sale.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...-MB8)-for-sale
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-22-2013, 11:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracktor View Post
Just picked up a threesome for $500..................ok it was a buddy deal but I'm stoked. Just gotta figure out the amp situation and track down the clamp inserts.........
What size inserts do you need? I've got a big box of them.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-22-2013, 1:31 PM Reply   
Jonyb -I have the first run clamps and need 1 7/8-2" adapters. Total of four. I can probably make do with just about any size as Wesounds no longer sells these. I am willing to pay................gmrebholz@gmail.com is my email......Thanks!
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-22-2013, 4:04 PM Reply   
I think I have the inserts for the TC2's. I don't mind sending you some. PM me your info.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-22-2013, 7:46 PM Reply   
Shameless plug. About to post a pair of White Pro 80's with fixed clamps in the classifieds for 680 shipped. They are mint. Not even a season old yet and have maybe been powered up by the Syn 2 running them a half a dozen times. They are in the original box with all the original items. My brother's private lake outlawed tower speakers due to a couple of !@#$ on the lake waking the neighborhood at 6am.