Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Jan116)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-08-2011, 8:01 AM Reply   
is it possible to do an ollie 360 on a wakeboard? the 180 is no problem but i havent been able
to do the 360 and wondered if it was even reasonable to try. (i know its possible on a wakeskate ... )

thanks
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-08-2011, 8:15 AM Reply   
Yeah its possible. You'll probably find it on one of Norbi's Nick Davies edits. A mate of mine does an ollie blind one and then a 360 the other way. Never tried it myself though
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-08-2011, 8:16 AM Reply   
It is very possible...I drift toes then cut heal and pop to frontside 3. Start by going 270 and surface spin the rest. Learnwake actually suggest doing this to build to a wake to wake 3's
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-08-2011, 8:19 AM Reply   
Yup. Not only possible, actually pretty common.
Check out this edit of Mike Schwenne from Trever Maur - not only a great watch, but at one point Mike does an ollie 360 over this big metal buoy thing.
http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...-schwenne.html
Old     (Jan116)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-08-2011, 8:19 AM Reply   
okay i think my question was too unprecise. is it possible behind a jet ski
and does anyone by any chance have a video?
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-08-2011, 9:04 AM Reply   
Is this some kinda joke? What difference does it make being behind a jet ski?
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-08-2011, 9:33 AM Reply   
Yes it is possible behind a jetski, try to ollie off rollers they'll give you more of a kick.

There's video of Nick Davis doing ollie 720's on cable.

D-Nasty, I have found I don't get as much height on my ollies when being towed by a ski, I assume this is due to the downward pull of the rope which is attached low on the ski, well much lower than say a tower
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-08-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich View Post
Is this some kinda joke? What difference does it make being behind a jet ski?
I would guess the famous"but it doesn't have a tower" excuse.
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-08-2011, 9:50 AM Reply   
If your switch ollie frontside180 is halfway decent it is really easy to do a switch ollie 3 because the landing is the same as a regular backside 180.
Old     (Frozenwhite)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-08-2011, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescott View Post
Check out this edit of Mike Schwenne from Trever Maur - not only a great watch, but at one point Mike does an ollie 360 over this big metal buoy thing.
Great video
Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-08-2011, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescott View Post
that shot at 2:35 is soo sick
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-08-2011, 6:36 PM Reply   
yeah I do them over stuff all the time.. it actually helps you learn normal w2w 3's so i suggest learning it if you cant do them
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-08-2011, 6:47 PM Reply   
Yes, Simple. It help if you know how to get a good solid Ollie.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-09-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
The craziest one I've seen (granted at cable, but without loading the line) is guhrs do an ollie backside 5 over a kicker.

As mentioned above, helps to be able to do a w2w 3 and having a good ollie. And as with the wake, make sure you ollie up before you spin, you'll be surprised how much time you have. I can squeeze a fs 5 in an ollie.