Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (davegold123)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-19-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
how is the quality of the roswell unison speakers
how loud would you say they are
what is the wattage
how much $$
what is there durability
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-20-2007, 12:39 AM Reply   
i dont know about roswell but i highly recommend going with these speakers its 4-8in speakers and 2 horns www.hsetrident.com
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-20-2007, 12:43 AM Reply   
The HSE Tridents range from about $1900-$2500 depending on the scheme. The website is still under construction, but there is single color, two tone options of gel coat and/or metal flake, carbon fiber, carbon kevlar, options of different accents on the carbon fiber. I hope that helps a bit, once more pictures are available as more are built it will help clarify, but there can be many ways to trick out the appearance.
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-22-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
Dave,

The 2007 Unisons are equipped with Phoenix Gold Octane-R 6.5c Coaxial Speakers. (http://www.phoenixgold.com/2004/octane-rspeakers.html)

Here are the Specs on them.

OCTANE-R 6.5c COAX
----------------------------
• 6.5 inch (165mm) Coaxial
• Frequency response: 80Hz-20kHz
• Sensitivity: 90dB (1W/1M)
60/120W (RMS/PEAK)

If you want I can put you in touch with a local dealer who can get you info on pricing etc- marc@roswellwakeair.com. In my opinion, for the price these are exceptional sounding entry level speakers.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-22-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
My opinion of Roswell is that most of their stuff looks really nice but is overpriced and not engineered very well. I’m guessing they have a very good sales/marketing b/c they managed to get in good with Skier’s Choice and OEM their racks and speaker bars. The Roswell (spinner) racks are functional , but from someone who is not even close to being and engineer look like after 10-12 double ups they will break. Their speaker bars are ok…from looking at them I don’t think they are anodized. All depends on what your looking for , but IMO there is just as good or better out there for cheaper. I have no first hand experience with their towers but have read some negative things about them…..I know they cost an arm and a leg.
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-23-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
Sam-

While I recognize that you are stating your opinion I think it is only fair of me as a representative of the Roswell product line to clarify some of the points you have made- At the end of the day all users in this forum can form their own opinions and preferably they will use this info to go out and try the products and truly make their own decisions.

You clearly state that you are "not even close to an engineer" where our design department has a combined 20+ years experience in the field- Our 2007 swivels have been designed, reviewed, thoroughly tested and critiqued by a number of designers and riders all with personal experience with the product. Our new swivel for Supra and our own line handle double ups very well- Your 10-12 double up opinion is unsubstantiated and in my opinion a reckless claim.

You are correct that the Speaker light bars are not anodized- The decision was made between the customer and ourselves that the desired finish was a chrome polished look- Anodizing chrome polished aluminum changes the "chrome" finish and was not an option we decided to pursue on the customers behalf. We have been known to anodize, powder coat, polish and chrome plate many of our products including the introduction of our TEK coating available on our Area 52 towers (an industry first). We did however test and consider anodizing- all part of our R and D process. It should be noted that the advantages to a polished finish besides the "chrome" look is the ability to restore this finish through regular maintenance.

While you say your opinion is that there are better products out there for cheaper you need to recognize that the Roswell customer is looking for specific features in the Roswell product line- Clean lines, chrome polished finish, tight and neat wiring, LED's standard, and a company that has been around for close to a decade and will continue to be around and back our products into the future. While there may be products that function (depending on the definition) in the same manor as our line, feature for feature it is our belief that is backed up by sales and service that our products certify their value.

Again your admitted lack of actual experience with our products allows a discerning potential customer of ours to take your opinions and use them to base a purchase decision upon. Furthermore, I believe Dale was looking for information on our Unison line of speakers something you fail to even mention in your post.

I do thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify some of our decisions in the industry and we wish you and everyone on here a great season...

Cheers,
Marc Poirier- Team Manager/OEM Manager
Roswell Wake Air
marc@roswellwakeair.com
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-24-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
Dave,

I'm selling my stock Roswell 4 speaker/3 light bar of an 07 Supra. Sorry for the hijack.