Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-03-2004, 10:06 AM Reply   
Hello all!!! long time no talk. married life, therapy, and work have kept me way busy.

I just wanted to publicly thank Christy Fischer and my dad Doug Dean for all they did for Natalie and I for our honeymoon!

If it wern't for them, it wouldn't have been possible anytime now or in the near future. Christy donated her time share cabin in Maui, Hawaii! What a beautiful place and awesome condo! We couldn't have drempt for a better spot and accomidations. We spent most of the time hanging around the condo... duh. We spent some time on the beach right across the street, we had an awesome dinner cruz, visited a marine life aquarium, and took an amazing tour to Hana!

But we all know that getting to Hawaii isn't a very cheap experience. That's where my dad comes in. He used just about every last frequent flyer mile he had to score us plan tickets and the rest to get us a rental car for the week!

i'm working on a thank you video of our trip to post on wakepics sometime soon unless someone else has a better has another idea of where i should post it.

again, thanks for all the love and support from all you wakeworlders! looking back I can truely see how all the emails, phone calls, and prayers helped me so much!

I promise to be on more now that life is a little less crazy. Thanks again!

Choose your side
Danny Dean
www.enemyofevil.com
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-03-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
Thanks for the update Danny. Great to hear from you. I would be interested to learn more about your progress!

Nice! Christie Fischer Rocks!
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-03-2004, 12:14 PM Reply   
Glad to hear that you are doing so well! If you have a chance we would all love to hear about your progress.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-03-2004, 12:17 PM Reply   
it's "fisher"...not bashing...just makin' sure you guys get it right.

congrats danny.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-03-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
Right on man... There isn't a much tighter group than wakeboarders. Definitely lots of passion and love in this sport. Hope to hear you'll be on a board soon. Glad to hear you had a good honeymoon.

I've never met Christie, but I don't think people come much better than her.

Peace
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-03-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
I'm glad you guys had a great time and I can't wait to see the video!!
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-03-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
Too Funny.

Danny - I know you don't know me but, I was just thinking about you yesterday. I watched your video again, and was going to start a new thread to see if anyone had heard how you were doing. I guess I didn't have to, you did it for me.

Anyways how is the therapy coming? Have you made more progress?

Good to hear from you, keep your head up, and you are still in my prayers.
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-03-2004, 1:51 PM Reply   
Sorry, it’s Christie Fisher

sorry about the spelling Christie. Nice profile pic by the way.

My recovery has been awesome! thanks for asking. things have really slowed down as far as progress. But, if i look back to just a month or two ago i can tell immense progress has been made. i now have all major muscle groups functioning, but not at normal efficiency of course. My right leg is still weak and I still wear a brace to support my foot from dragging due to weak ankle muscles. I have a new brace that lets me walk more natural, it was a real blessing to get it approved by my insurance. My hamstrings and hip flexors still have a long way to go, but we are always optimistic. My right hand is getting better also. I can pick up and hold things as heavy as a milk jug for as long as needed. Anything heavier and my finger muscles weaken and I have to put it down. Still little to no dexterity in my fingers. My left side is pretty much back to normal.

I have been introduced to a chiropractor that uses lasers to promote cell regeneration and neurological pathway reconnection. Since I’ve been going there, my progress and strength have increased by at least 200% www.erchonia.com

I have also started freelance graphic design work out of my home making websites, t-shirts, business images, logos and videos. I call it Danimation Film and Design. So I guess I’m jumping on the band wagon, but why let good skills go to waste? Plus, when I cant wakeboard, I need to keep up the other hobbies I have just to keep me sane, haha. I’m now officially left handed. Writing legibly and even doing some hand drawn art. I’m finally in my right mind I guess.

thanks Shawn!!!
Old     (gbgonzal138)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-03-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
Whats up Danny its Joseph from some of the AWA events. Im glad to hear your doing good and had a good time. Keep working on that clothing stuff it looks great. I hope I'll see you at some of the AWA events for '05. Later.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-03-2004, 4:37 PM Reply   
"In my RIGHT mind" ... nice

It IS great to hear you're doing well. You've got alot of fans. But you already know that. Well, Where's the Danimation web site? Let's see some stuff!
Old    whitechocolate            12-03-2004, 5:23 PM Reply   
Very nice Christie.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-04-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
(quote) ...Christie, but I don't think people come much better than her...

TRUE, TRUE!!!

Danny, glad to hear from you, and very glad to hear of the continued progress! I've recently taken a new job at a rehab hospital in Berkeley, CA, and I think of your case often as a way to put me in the right mindset to offer encouragement to other patients. That video clip of you pushing aside you walker leaving Barrow will be etched in my mind forever. Keep up the good work, keep exercising your body and mind, and you will always be headed in a positive direction!

I'm fascinated about the chiropractic tx you described, glad that is working for you, I'm gonna look into that to learn more about it. I heard the other day of a brand new study, I think in the British Journal of Medicine, where they injected a chemical (similar to antifreeze?!) which actually prompted completely severed spinal cords in animals to re-attach. Not that this technology is ready for humans, and obviously your situation is different, but my point is that we never know what type of science is on the horizon.

For now, the combination of you, God, and nature is working miracles, just keep it up and you never know when new science/medicine will be introduced to give added boosts.

Thanks again for checking in, I also will be looking forward to seeing your new video when it is ready!
Old    buttacup            12-04-2004, 6:32 PM Reply   
Hey Danny,
Glad to hear that things are going great for you and sounds like you and Natalie had a wonderful honeymoon. Keep us posted on your progress.

Lynsey
Old     (supersport)      Join Date: Dec 2001       12-05-2004, 12:04 AM Reply   
Christie B Genuine.

Danny, like the profile. Good luck on the rehab.
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-05-2004, 9:43 AM Reply   
Danny,

I am so happy to hear that things are going well and that you are continuing to make progress. Coop gave me your number, but I seemed to have misplaced it. I have something for you from The AWA and would like to get it to you ASAP. Give me a call so I can drop it off. 480-981-8233

CC