Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    robjabi            09-21-2004, 8:19 PM Reply   
Grettings,
Just moved to the Palm Bay/Melbourne Area and I need some help finding an Wakeboarding Canal. From what I here it's off Babcock but I need detailed directions. Thanks in Advance.
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       09-22-2004, 3:45 AM Reply   
Glad to see this post. Currently live in Orlando, but will be relocating to Melbourne in March and was courious about the scene. Hope you can a good area, and we will have to hook up once I'm over there.
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-22-2004, 7:52 AM Reply   
Take Babcock South from Malabar Road about 10 miles. Canal is C-54. nice to ride unless winds out of the east. Email if you need more information. We are there often, perhaps you can ride with us sometime. how many in your "crew"?

Tim
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-22-2004, 7:57 AM Reply   
FYI, To get to the Ramp. Turn right after you cross the bridge over the canal. It is about 3/4 mile down on the right.
Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-22-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
Hello Rob. I live in Palm Bay and ride at C54 as well. Tim has a beautiful SAN and has a young son that rips. I have a SuperSport and am always looking for people to ride with. Another place to ride is Lake Washington in Melbourne.
Collin
flsurflover@yahoo.com
Old     (surfer6bt6)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-22-2004, 12:43 PM Reply   
Anyone know the deal with the c-54? I went down there sunday and the water seemed to high to put the boat and no one else was there.
Old    robjabi            09-22-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I took a ride over there and it looks good. Does everyone start out heading west and how long does it go east? You will see me out there soon. I'll be the one with the 18 Center console fishing boat with the home made 8' tower. I just started this spring and am just starting to clear the wake. My son's are 4 and 1 1/2 so I'm very happy this canal is near the lots I bought in South Palm Bay. Down the road they will love it between diving and fishing this Area. As for riding with you very nice people, if your going and need some entertainment shoot me an Email. I never gone behind a real wakeboarding boat and I'll probable faceplant alittle harder than normal. The family is heading down to Ft. Lauderdale this weekend and will try to escape and ride one last time out at Markham park.
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-23-2004, 5:15 AM Reply   
Collin,

Thanks for the nice words. Your comment about John put a smile on my face worthy of a proud papa. I think it is was there all day.

Robert,

The canal goes about 7 miles in either direction from the dock. We ride mostly east of the dock. But I know others that go west. P.S. Would love to be entertained (= enjoy your guys company).

If these Hurricanes will go away we can get in some fun. Will look for both of you at the canal.

Best Wishes,

Tim
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-23-2004, 5:18 AM Reply   
Ben,

The water is high. We went out about a week ago. The dock was partially submerged but it was OK. Little more water movement with it this high, I guess the wind is not blocked as well. Watch the bouys at the slalom course, they are still there but about 2' underwater. Hope to see you aout soon.

Tim
Old    vance            09-25-2004, 7:01 AM Reply   
Is c-54 the one thats right next to farm pond 13??
I've been fishing there and looks like an excellent place to ride. The alligators from farm pond dont get into that canal do they? Bc i remember seeing some bigger than our boat..