Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 10, 2008

Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-16-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
I have had Fusions(Awesome) Titans(not as good as Fusions but good) and both speakers have had issues with stripping screws. I dunno what the deal is but this weekend I have decided to get some Wetsounds because I have yet to hear anything bad about them. Few questions though...I am at work and can not search through wakeworld to find threads dealing with wetsounds so sorry for asking some of the same quesions...

The plan right now is to get 4 Pro 60's and mount them on the side of my Illusion tower.

1. I have the Illusion X tower...I can only put the pro 60's on the side correct? Can the 80's go there as well?
2. If I get the Pro 60's will I want to get the 80's or are the 60's plenty loud?
3. I have the 4 channel RF amp that came with my Malibu and I think it is a p425.4 maybe? I can not remember the specifics but Will that amp work with my Wetsounds? If not and amp suggestions? I would like to stick with rockford fosgate if possible.
4. Any pics of Wetsounds on the illusion tower would be very helpful...

Thanks in advance...
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-16-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
Eric,

Take a look at our gallery section. We have changed the site and broken the customer installs down by boat brand now. http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/gallery/installations/malibu/malibu.html

1)If you are talking about factory locations and factory look. 2 pairs of PR0 60 X. You can fit the PRO 80's but one is the PRO 80 X on the bottom factory location. One is the PRO 80 on the crossbar with the Swivel U clamps.
2) 2 pairs of PRO 60X is plenty for most. Since you are upgrading from a car audio based speaker, that will probably be plenty of sound for you.
3) Rockford amp is probably the P400.4. In bridged mode. It would do 200x2. Which would be good for one pair. So easiest would be to keep that amp and get one more just like it and run an amp per pair.

Thanks,

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-16-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
Tim and his team are the reason you dont hear bad things about wetsounds. They products are top notch but their customer service is even better.
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-16-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
Eric,

I have 4 pro 60's on my Centurion Typhoon and they are plenty loud enough. You have to remember that the pro 80's are the size of a basketball.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-16-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
x2 on what MOX said. I've been working with Tim on my newest set-up some. Told him we were looking to get kind of stupid, and he sent me in the right direction! Gonna cost me more $$$ on amps... but def. what I was talking about :-)
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
jpuckett, got any more pics of your 4 PRO 60s (beyond your profile pic)? Thats exactly the setup I have been thinking about. Do you run 1 AMP for all 4 or 2 AMPs?
Old     (echo_parker)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-16-2008, 4:13 PM Reply   
I was in the same boat as you. I decided to go with 1 set of Pro80X and 1 set of pro 80's.
Where the wetsounds are mounted it does not get in the way of you walking.

I was really surprised by the sound as well.
Good luck.
Tim was a big help with the decision that I made.
Upload
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-16-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
Anthony,
You say you were really surprised by the sound as if you didnt think they would be loud or what? I do like your setup of the 80's. I might go that route if it doesnt interfere with head room
Old    Ben Kerran            06-16-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
Tanner- How stupid we talking?
Old     (echo_parker)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-16-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
It does not interfere while you walk through the center.
I only knew from what I was told about the sound.
They are pretty loud. I am also running the WS420. The 80's will definitely over power your system if you let them. I don't use those 80's for sound inside of the boat when I am not pulling anyone.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-16-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
would you guys suggest the three-some or the double-up set ups?
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-17-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
Not the best pic but you get the idea. These are mounted in the factory locations.

Upload
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-17-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
Running a Kicker 550.2 to the tower speakers. Each speaker is getting roughly 250-275 watts.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-17-2008, 8:32 AM Reply   
VLX Envy,

What are you talking about that's a great pic!!!

There is already a pic of the speakers in this thread.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-17-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
Looks like I am gonna pull the trigger on 4 Pro 60's. What amp would you recommend. Space is limited because I have another 12" sub by my amps so adding a 3rd amp will be tough. I will probably take the amp out I have pushing the 4 titans and add just one amp to push all 4 Pro 60's. Whats my best choice for this setup? Rockford, Kicker?
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-17-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
I am not up to speed on RF anymore but I have plenty of people that will tell you the amp I am running my speakers with cranks just fine. It's a Kicker 550.2 and they are running all 4 at 2ohm stereo. The amp barely gets warm if at all.
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
My pictures aren't the best either. They sure as hell don't stand up to VLXenvy's picture. This is the set up you're getting though.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-17-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
Nice pics and nice boat....Thats what I am looking at. How do they sound Kenneth? Also, anyone with a couple amp suggestions?
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
Part of it we're talking Grant stupid (that's a compliment). Lets just say one of the ideas is going to require some major fab work on my part... still not sure if it's going to work.

Some of the things has to do w/ the power handling on some of the speakers ... this is where the stupid comes in! :-)
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-17-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
Check out my profile pic guys.... That was last season.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
I'm running the Bullets & are pretty happy with themUpload
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-17-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
I don't what you are talking about. I don't see any speakers on that tower.

Seriously, nice setup.
Old    Ben Kerran            06-17-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
Although I would recommend the Wetsounds for sure, I will also vouch for Mike (Racer #5's) boat above. Those bullets scream.
Old     (blwakeguy)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-17-2008, 8:13 PM Reply   
i would stay away from any plastic or composite speaker enclosures. they will not hold up.there is a reason why some of the top companies in the industry sell aluminum or other metal enclosures. i have heard of alot of wetsounds speakers falling off the tower.
Old    Ben Kerran            06-17-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
Brian- I am going to have to call BULLSH#$ on that claim. I would like to meet anyone that had a Wetsounds speaker fall of of their tower if mounted correctly. I simply find that really hard to believe.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-17-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
hey ben. its hard to believe because the person who mounted yours did it right.
Old     (blwakeguy)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-17-2008, 8:28 PM Reply   
Ben- i will post a picture tomorrow. but you are also correct about correct installation on anything out there. you would also have to agree that metal is stronger.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-17-2008, 8:45 PM Reply   
I would think there is a possibility but that housing is pretty stout. I was really impressed with the craftsmanship of those speakers. I wouldn't mind seeing a pic though. That being said, I saw my share of metal housings where welds cracked and broke, bolts stripped out of clamps, etc when I did my four years at the boat shop.

It is mounted on a tower. Things go wrong.
Old     (blwakeguy)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-17-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
YOU ARE CORRECT.
Old    dabigkahuna            06-17-2008, 11:00 PM Reply   
In Hawaii Metal anything sucks. I am totally for the composite housing. Mine are holding up unreal, if they were metal, they would have probably fallen off! Wetsounds are INSANE!
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2008, 11:34 PM Reply   
I will say this... I caught what I thought could be a potential issue with mounting due to the composite enclosure. I discussed it with Tim. It had already been thought of and covered during R&D. There is no issue with the wetsounds when it comes to mounting.
Old     (billy2603)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-18-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
My Wetsounds feel incredibly solid - if anything I think the mounts look over-built. I'm a fan of the composite because I don't have to worry about constantly polishing water spots off metal.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-18-2008, 7:51 AM Reply   
Brian,

I would be very careful slandering a company in a public forum. Especially a company where the owner/president visits on a daily basis. Let’s see here. 9 posts. Hmmmm.

It is truly sad that there are so many people on these sites with hidden agendas to promote their own brands or friends brands.

Those who have seen me post on here for years KNOW that I am on here for support and do not spam advertise. Not to mention. I am also a wakeboarder and wakesurfer. I also pay to advertise. I do not have to self promote. Our products speak for themselves. Every person on here that talks about our products is a REAL customer. I don’t have to have “planted” comments.

It is also sad that a person asked a specific question. He already had planned on purchasing Wet Sounds. Then he posts that he decided to pull the trigger on 2 pairs of PRO 60X’s. Then we get pictures of a boat with a different brand. And you Brian making statements like that.

I just don’t understand why some people feel the need. What is in it for you?

As for your comments. Our housings are a true composite that is not only engineered for strength from a housing stand point but also have an extensive glass fiber support system that supports the magnet on the inside of the speaker. You should be a lot more educated before coming on here making statements. As for failure rate. As with anything in manufacturing, there is no way to have a full 100% reliability. As mentioned. There is no way we as a manufacturer can install every single pair. There is no telling what happens to it once it leaves our facility.

We sell thousands and thousands of speakers. Our failure rate is extremely low to non existent. You strive to be as perfect as you can. But there is no way to be 100% perfect. So the key is your support after the sale or after the warranty issue. If you spent some time on here actually reading. You will see many value our customer service as one of the best in this industry. You will see many other posts about other companies that do not answer phone calls or e mails. And failures galore on the products that they do not warranty. We stand behind everything we sell 100%.

Also your comment on metal being stronger than composite and many others using metal. Spend a little more time researching that and you will see about half using composite or fiberglass and the others using metal. There is a fair mix between the two. Composite is a superior material when it comes to acoustics and also when it comes to a marine environment. Metal is superior when it comes to “bling” factor like in chrome. But to make a blanket statement like this is completely wrong.

Also, I researched your 9 posts so far.

3 posts on this one. One in all caps. Which by the way is like yelling.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/591847.html?1213796688#POST1187379
this: WHY ARE YOU REMOVING THE FACTORY TOWER?
this: i would agree that the wake is pretty weak. it sure is not close to any competition style wake.(nautique 210 or 230 ,malibu vlx,mastercraft x-star)

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/589060.html?1213762162
this: so which speakers did you go with? the 770's look similar to alot of other reputable companies out there. i think i have seen the same cans on ebay.
this: SOME PICTURES OF THE INSTALL?

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/591932.html?1213752179
this: NICE RACK AND LIGHTNING ACCESSORIES HAVE SIMILAR SWINGING ATTACHMENTS AND THEY ARE ALOT LESS MONEY.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/589921.html?1213738633
this: WHY NOT TALK TO THE RIDER WHEN YOU COME AROUND TO PICK HIM OR HER BACK UP? JUST SEEMS LIKE A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.

I do not see one positive post from you in your 9 posts on one day of joining. This site does not need people like you nor does it need such yelling and negativity.

So since you are new. We can all just chalk it up to "he is new and didn’t know". So know that you understand. Please use some respect when posting on this site and truly think about what you are saying.

Tim White
President
Wet Sounds Inc

(Message edited by wetsounds1 on June 18, 2008)
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-18-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Brian...we are all still waiting for the picture you are going to post, and frankly...also your apology and/or resignation from the forum.
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-18-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
^^^Being a public forum everyone has a right to their opinion, negative or positive.
Tim,
It seems that someone in your position has more of a responsibility to "turn the other cheek" rather then to chastise people for their opinions on your product. There is no doubt you have a great product and great customer service, but I think your P.R. needs some work. You seem to be very defensive any time anyone has a negative opinion. Although it is great because you are passionate about your product, it is the nature of the beast, take the good with the bad. Just my opinion since I am entitled to it.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-18-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
This should get interesting. I didn't even realize this guy just registered yesterday. Pretty sad about all the hidden agendas.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-18-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
Erik,

I agree that everyone has their own opinion. And I have turned the other cheek many times. I hear you trust me. And yes, I am very passionate about my products and what I do.

I do turn the cheek many times on here and have been upset pecking away, just to step back and delete the post. As I know who is a regular as well.

I am simply pointing out and making sure that others realize. When there is a brand new poster. And they come on bashing. They could or may have a hidden agenda. And that is not right.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-18-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
I agree Tim, there was no disrespect intended, I just wanted to reinforce that your products market quality speaks for itself and the respect your product has built on this board needs no defense.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-18-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Erik, None taken at all. You are probably right. You can't please everyone. It is like a father having someone push their kid around. Dukes up real quick.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-18-2008, 8:46 AM Reply   
Tim,

I still owe you pictures. I will try to knock that out this weekend.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-18-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
Ok so back to the reason for this thread...me me me....lol I am getting my 60's today and want to know about amps. I have been told a couple different ones but I am hoping Tim will chime in on whats best in his opinion. I cant find Cadence amps around here so they are out.

Now to the drama in this thread...lol...Erik everyone does have a right to their opinion but they need to be educated and have substance to their argument and opinion. I mean I could have the opinion that you, Erik, are an idiot. I have no reason to think that and its not really my opinion but just making a point. I dont know any other
President of a company on here helping people out with every little question about their products. I am sure Tim gets tired of the question what Wetsounds should I run or What amp should I use to push my Wetsounds(Sorry I asked you that one Tim) I have NEVER heard any Wetsounds before but everyone I talk to say they are the best. I dont like that they dont have any chrome on them but thats just my opinion. Tower speakers and not cheap and to know that Tim reads the message boards and helps out with any little problem with Wetsounds makes this purchase an easy one.(And I have yet to hear Wetsounds)
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-18-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
Here is the setup I recommend. Not my boat but an insane setupUpload
Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-18-2008, 1:07 PM Reply   
eric i have 4 pro 60s on my bu n I actually am running a arc audio 4200 se for not only my tower but also all my interior also... by doing this I didnt need to add bateries or worry about amperage issues with my system. it sounds unbelievably clean and with the WS420 I can still tune tower to interior separate just using 1 amp...I also have a separate arc running a hertz mille sub...
my 60's are chrystal clear and I am exremely satisfied. just thought I would let you know about that amp it is pricy but extremely efficient. I think that the arc audio 2300 se edition is the right one for just the 4 pro 60's but I could be wrong
Old     (blwakeguy)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-18-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
SORRY I NEED TO SHRINK THE PICTURES. I ALSO THINK IT IS PRETTY BAD WHEN THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY IS ALWAYS ON THE FORUM. IT JUST LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE ADVERTISING. YOU DO NOT SEE ANY OTHER COMPANIES IN THE INDUSTRY DOING THIS. MAYBE THERE IS A REASON. ALSO IT SEEMS LIKE ANYTIME SOMEBODY POSTS THERE OPINION, THEY GET CRITIZED. WHAT IS A FORUM FOR THEN?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-18-2008, 2:27 PM Reply   
It looks like the fireworks are going to come early this summer!!!!!!

(Message edited by Murphy_Smith on June 18, 2008)
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-18-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
Brian,
I disagree. I love my wetsounds and tim and his team do a great job supporting their product. They back up their product and dont bash their competition.

Duane at NVS is also on here a lot and i hear nothing but great things about his customer service as well.

Neither of these guys start topics to promote their products but when questions are asked they answer.

I personally love the fact that both of them are on this site regularly. These guys are the creators of high end boat audio and I applaud them for their customer service and their desire to share their wisdom.
Old    Ben Kerran            06-18-2008, 3:09 PM Reply   
Jerry-That is some funny Shizzz, but custom hanging does not apply

I completely agree with MOX above.

Eric- Sorry, I don't have an amp recommendation for the 60's. If you want to completely overkill what you need and go with two 485's and two 60's for no good reason,
Upload
I'm your man
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-18-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
Brian,

Scroll to the top of the page, Tim does advertise on this site and pays for you to post your slander...

I have had three different tower speaker setups on my last two boats. Plastic Evids, metal custom HLCD setup, and wetsounds. After having both, I prefer composite/plastic over metal. Metal cans need damping material or they will ring with certain frequencies.

All the best speaker companies now use composite enclosures including Wetsounds and NVS (Deviants). Even Skylon uses plastic enclosures. You will not find audiophile or pro-sound stage speakers built with metal enclosures.

If you really like the look of metal cans they can be made to sound good but they are definately not superior to plastic.

Upload
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-18-2008, 11:13 PM Reply   
I was looking at tower speakers for about a year before deciding on Pro 80s by Wetsounds. This You Tube video made my mind up for me..check it out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y9rgOtngXvs
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-19-2008, 4:08 AM Reply   
Hey Eric. Thanks for the compliment on the boat. I'm guessing you meant mine since you posted right after my pics. The sound is awesome. I ordered the boat with all three amps from Malibu then my dealer installed the Pro 60's. Not sure exactly which amp it is but it's the Rockford two channel one that Malibu uses for their tower speakers. I did have to turn the high pass filter on. The speakers aren't really meant for the lower frequencies. I may eventualy upgrade the amp 'cause I know the speakers full potential is more than what I'm getting. Just figure I'll save the coin for now 'cause they still sound good with what I've got. I've never needed to ask Tim a question but I like the fact that I can reach him here, since I'm on the site every day, should I ever need to.
I also bought mine without ever having heard Wet Sounds. I think that speaks volumes for the products reputation.
Old     (jedidiah)      Join Date: May 2008       06-19-2008, 7:57 AM Reply   
Brian-

Tim is a valuable asset to this forum. How many companies can you think of where the owner comes on to give advice and helpful info?

I have done a lot of modifying in both the car and boat world, and I have yet to encounter better customer service then that of WetSounds.

I have called Tim up personally and we had about a 90 minute conversation... what company owner does that?!

John Guyver (WS customer support guru) is amazing and highly knowledgable. I can't say enough things about their company.

I would buy from WetSounds even if they were the inferior product (which I currently don't believe) based on their customer service alone.

Please do your homework before making pithy comments like the one above.
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-19-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
hahahaha This thread is hilarious. From hearing fusions, dbots, wakedesigns, wetsounds, mako, I can hands down say wetsounds are the loudest and clearest.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-19-2008, 8:24 AM Reply   
Tim was completely right to respond to this thread.

Brian said that he heard of several Wetsounds falling off of the tower. We would hear about it if that were true. Brian can't resize the only pics he can find of one that did fall off

Tim is right to come on and call BS on info that is not factual. If Brian had an opinion, that is one thing, but he is stating as fact that WS has a problem with tower speakers falling off, so Tim should dispute what is fact and leave opinions to the rest of us.

BTW, I own some NVS tower speakers.

(Message edited by talltigeguy on June 19, 2008)
Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-19-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
never ever heard of wetsounds falling off... Brian seems to be mistaken on lots of things here..

I also had never heard Wetsounds when I decided to have them put on my new bu

and without the info I found on here that Tim gave out about the WS420 I would have never even knew to through that bad Ace lil toy in either..
keep it up Tim !
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-19-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
Brian...could you please either post the picture you referenced or humor us with another excuse...this thread is getting boring without you
Old     (blwakeguy)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-20-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
HERE YOU GO.Upload
Upload
Old     (bwillx2)      Join Date: May 2007       06-20-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
I will take my chances!!!! Brian may have found one case out of thousands of people that have them! Like Tim said, You can not 100% guarantee a product! Keep up the good work Tim!
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-20-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
Brian,
Glad to see you posted the pics finally so you are gaining some slight credibility on here but if you genuinely want to build your crediblity on here I believe you owe Wetsounds an apology.

If these actually broke off during normal operation OK, but to say this is happening a lot is a very BOLD statement. I have never heard about this until this thread. If you are dealer or rep for another product fine but dont go bashing the competition without the full story to back it up.

Duane with NVS and Tim at Wetsounds get lots of respect on here because they have earned it.

When Wetsounds came out with the WS420 there we some complaints about it. Over time it was found time and time again it was user/installer error. Tim continuely supported his product and warrantied them if you believed they were faulty.

I am a very proud supporter of Wetsounds but I also have nothing but good things to say about NVS and HSE as well.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-20-2008, 2:24 PM Reply   
Brian,

CAPS=YELLING. Why such the hostility? Why come on a site just to talk trash? You can think what you want about manufacturers on this site but I have been a member of this site for years and advertise on this site. As mikeski put it, I pay to keep this site running. And for all of those who know me on this site. Can tell you first hand, They have NEVER seen a post from me advertising anything. That is what that little banner on the top does. I am on here to help and also on here to discuss other things with fellow riders. I read the wakesurf forums and post there as well. A forum is a site for link minded people to share information. So far from you, I see nothing like minded. As the first posts you have made and the agendas behind them are clear.

Plus when working on a system or questions about your system. Who would you rather get your information from. Someone on a site like you that you have no idea if they know what they are talking about or the person that designs the products.

So was this your speaker or your buddies? How old is?(it looks really old to me) Did anyone contact Wet Sounds and get it replaced under warranty? Was it purchased new? From one of our authorized dealers? Who installed it? What boat? What tower? Where was it located?

I find it strange that someone would come on here all of a sudden and just happen to have a picture of a broken housing talking the way you do.

Again you picture proves nothing. Hmm could this have been a Malibu Illusion speaker that mounts sides ways and someone hung off it. How are we as a manufacturer to know. How are the people on wakeworld suppossed to know what was done. And if this was a real warranty issue. Was it handled and taken care of by Wet Sounds?

Anyone on here can tell you that we have the best customer service around. So if there was ever an issue. It would have been taken care of. So if this was the case. Why come on here and bash and slander?

Heck we had a fellow wakeworlder just last week that was lowering his tower and it slipped and the speaker smashed down since the tower came down so hard and broke. We worked with him and got him a new housing. Did he get on here saying the things you said. No. And if it would have been a metal housing. The housing would have bent or stripped the bolts or dented etc..

So I will say it again.

We sell thousands and thousands of speakers. Our failure rate is extremely low to non existent. You strive to be as perfect as you can. But there is no way to be 100% perfect. So the key is your support after the sale or after the warranty issue. If you spent some time on here actually reading. You will see many value our customer service as one of the best in this industry. You will see many other posts about other companies that do not answer phone calls or e mails. And failures galore on the products that they do not warranty. We stand behind everything we sell 100%.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-20-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
well said tim. I am a customer of wetsounds and am of the opinion their gear is top notch. Kudos tim on the product. Luckily I have never needed to call support but I hear its great.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-20-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
I'm just now reading this post and I just wanted to point out for Brian's information that Tim is exactly what we need more of on this forum and you are exactly what we need less of.

Tim has been a respected member of this forum for many years. He does not hide the fact that he is the owner of a company and is up front about his identity. He spends a lot of time helping people on this forum with issues not only related to the products he sells, but way beyond that! You and everybody else should be thanking him for the incredible amount of time he invests in making this forum better, not to mention the fact that he advertises, which allows us to make everything else on the site better. I'd be stoked if we had 20 more Tim Whites on the board.

You, on the other hand, have offered nothing of value to anybody and have created hostility and negativity. If you want respect and to be taken seriously, take a page out of Tim's book and earn it!
Old     (jedidiah)      Join Date: May 2008       06-23-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
^^^ Well said.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-23-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
Brian go buy a different brand then. Just delete your account and user name. I like how you signed up for an account just to bash Tim is what it looks like to us.

Tim, I want to get the 3 some. Can I get them in polished or Malibu Hot Orange? And will a Kicker 650.4 be good to power them up, along with 4 6.5's in the boat?
Old     (stadtjunge)      Join Date: May 2008       07-07-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
this was the most entertaining read in some time. Thanks guys
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-07-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
I have a feeling we won't be hearing from Brian again.