Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (AxisofEvil)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-16-2014, 9:35 AM Reply   
Well I've had enough of this slow @ss start to spring here in MI (it snowed again Sunday), so I'm taking the wife and new baby down to Marco Island for a nice little Vay-cay from the cold for a week on the 22nd. I'd love to get a chance to ride but since I've only been there once before I don’t know the area at all. Can anyone give me some ideas or suggestion on cable parks close by or anywhere i can get a pull? I know the island has a Wakeboard charter but it's kinda hard to justify $190 an hour...

Thanks any help is appreciated
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-16-2014, 11:20 AM Reply   
Revolution Cable Park is right there. Well, 60 miles/60min by Google Maps. Baitkiller is from that area. He might have more info about getting a boat pull.
Old     (jessemitchell)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-16-2014, 1:34 PM Reply   
I go there quite often and usually just drive up to Revolution cable park, about an hour drive but worth it for 1 or 2 days
Old     (airden23)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-16-2014, 2:15 PM Reply   
I actually just did the exact thing you're talking about (stayed in Marco, went to Revolution). I'd recommend it. I think it was like $50 for an hour with a rental board. It isn't the nicest park in the world, but I had a blast. I'm from MN and was just wanting to get a pull. It made me realize how I need to get in shape before the season starts! They had 3-4 jumps and a few different boxes that were fun. Its just north of the Ft. Meyers airport
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-16-2014, 5:41 PM Reply   
Revolution is the bomb and just 1 hour North.
We are riding pretty heavy now the water is above 75.
You can ride with us if you arent phobic about salt water and kids.
John 239-248-7460 text when you hit the island.
I have an old school Nautique barn kept for easy get aways.
See the post "Cams Wakeboarding weekend" below for an idea of what your in for.
BTW that 190 an hour from Dustin comes with some pretty good instruction. That may be worth a closer look.
Old     (AxisofEvil)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-17-2014, 1:02 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info guys, I'll have to check out that cable park for sure. I've never been on a high tower, just a few times on the 2.0 at Placid.

John, thanks for the invite, that awesome of you. I may just take you up on your offer, I'm a new dad and an uncle to about 10 rug rats so Kids ain't no thang ( I think they're fun to ride with anyways because they are always so stoked). Last year I brought my Roam a down with me so we rented a pontoon and i went for a little shred in the mangroves on the way up to Naples, it was a little eerie when I fell not know what was in there with me but I think I can handle a little saltwater again.

I maybe I’ll look again at that Wake charter, I could probably use some instruction...
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-26-2014, 9:07 AM Reply   
Pat, you may or may not see this... We are leaving the dock at 2:00 this afternoon. If you can get to Calusa Marina in Goodland you have a pull. Should be all buttery goodness.
John
239-248-7460
Old     (AxisofEvil)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-26-2014, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
Pat, you may or may not see this... We are leaving the dock at 2:00 this afternoon. If you can get to Calusa Marina in Goodland you have a pull. Should be all buttery goodness.
John
239-248-7460

John, dang it I didn't see this until just now. I was in Goodland at Stand's around 2:30 too! We went out fishing with Ron "Peg leg" around 8am this morning and I got back to the dock right around then. Thanks for the invite, i appreciate it, hope you guys had a good time. I took your advise and called Dustin, I ended up going to their Naples' location at the Quarry and went out with Nick. It was a good time and he was a great guy and awesome teacher (helped me a land a few new trick too).

I might be out paddle boarding in Collier bay or Tiger tail beach, I have a solid yellow board, flag me down and say hi if you see me bud!
Attached Images

Last edited by AxisofEvil; 04-26-2014 at 7:24 PM.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-27-2014, 5:41 AM Reply   
That is great. Those guys are allot of fun. Peg leg is a hoot, I think some people are startled to learn he really has one! The water warmed up nicely. We will be heading out to Blind Pass at around 11, back at 5. Gonna take the boom and do some foot'n if the butter holds.