Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    elektra            06-13-2003, 10:37 AM Reply   
The ladies never get the credit they deserve. So if your a lady you need to represent. where your from, your skill level, and board. Let's here it......
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-13-2003, 10:52 AM Reply   
i'm from fayetteville, ar. my riding level is intermediate (grabs, 180's, ect.) I ride an 03 belmont 136. Too bad there are not alot of chicks that ride in this area besides a few of my friends.
Old    wakeboard4568            06-13-2003, 11:03 AM Reply   
I'm from gallatin, TN, I ride a 03 CWB sol 133, and I'm j/ starting to be intermediate stuff liek grabs...it's mostly guys that ride around here..but I have no problem with that, and being that im a girl i'm glad a picked a guy-dominating sport.OH YA. haha.

ELISABETH
Old    wakelvr            06-13-2003, 11:07 AM Reply   
My name is Stefani, and I am a Wakeboarderaholic.

Live in Nor*Cal/ ride on the delta
Riding for almost 2 full years now and I still suck
Before that, never involved in watersports
Just starting using a CWB Absolute Plat. 134, used to use a Hyperlite Divine 134
Own a MC X2

Old    elektra            06-13-2003, 11:32 AM Reply   
I ride the delta too. As for wakeboarding being a guys sport...you are straight trippin' if you think that. The only reason that women aren't huge in this sport is because they don't ppush themselves as hard as the men do.
Old    mel            06-13-2003, 11:34 AM Reply   
Indiana represent! Just outside Chicago.
I guess intermediate. Grabs, 180's, half cabs, 3's...
Ride a Trip 138 with Exo's, and skate on a Cassette 43.

Melissa
Old    kiwihottie            06-13-2003, 11:57 AM Reply   
My name is Kaetlyn, and I too am addicted to wake.

From NZ, live in Idaho now.
Riding for 10+ years and still learning and having a blast.
Extremely fond of all watersports.
Started using a yellow banana skurfer we picked up in Auzz back in 1988.
Our twin daughters now suffer the addiction.
Married to my crazy high school sweetheart who lives for any rush that involves H20!(he is a bigger "jnky" than I am)
Ride Liquid Force
Own an '03 22v Riders ("the pig")
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-13-2003, 2:17 PM Reply   
oh yeah i skate an 02 hyperlite skate!
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-14-2003, 3:33 PM Reply   
Hey all! I'm Tiffany Landry from south Mississippi, currently looking for a new board to purchase, probably a CWB absolute.
Ok, shameless plug time, check out www.wakechicks.com for more ladies that ride.
Later
Tiffany
www.wakechicks.com
Old    fatsack            06-14-2003, 3:38 PM Reply   
My name is Rose and im from central cali, Madera to be specific. Ive been riding 1.5 years and have never done any water sports before boarding. Im still a beginner(grabs,180's,working on 3's) but at least there will never be an end to the tricks that I can learn. I ride a 2003 LF Balance 140 with 2001 Hyperlite Byerlys.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2003, 5:33 PM Reply   
You ride 30/60's, Rose... Newbie.

Btw, your board was stolen off my tower this afternoon, looks like you'll be skating tomorrow.

B-

(Message edited by barry on June 14, 2003)
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-14-2003, 5:39 PM Reply   
B~ I hope your kidding about her board being swiped off the tower.
I for one, would not find any humor in your post
How's the knee?
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-14-2003, 5:41 PM Reply   
Barry,

Check her profile, after all this time, I thought the Sanger was your boat.
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-14-2003, 5:45 PM Reply   
Oh yeah,

I'm Melissa, also.
Sometimes I ride the San Diego chop. I ride a Belmont 128, a loaner 135 Premier (deciding if I am ready to upgrade) and a Kampus wakeskate.

When I visit the family, I ride the secret spot in Fresno with Rose and Barry.
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-14-2003, 5:46 PM Reply   
Oh and I suck! BIG TIME!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2003, 9:07 PM Reply   
Phantom,
The knee is awesome, thanks for asking!
If you were out with us this morning you'd understand the "stolen board" comment.

Mel, you know how those women are.. what's theirs is theirs and what's yours is theirs.. I don't get it.

You don't suck... you ride great! Quit being so hard on yourself.

B-
Old    wakejunkeygirl            06-15-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
My name is Angi, I now a "wakejunkey" hence the name...just started this year, husband has been doing it for about three years, always just watched due to phobia of water..almost drowned when I was little. Now you CANT keep me away from the wake! Just got a brand spankin' new, outta the plastic hyperlite 131, Essence. Split bindings. I thought I would classify myself as a beginner, but then I looked down the list of tricks for beginner/intermediate competitions and I already do all the tricks in the beginner category, and like 4 of the intermediate, so I guess Intermediate..but that sounds wierd since I have only been a total of four times. I did pick it up as soon as I got up, which was my first try. See, I shoulda been doing it for the last three years!!! shame on me!

www.angisimpson.com

angi

(Message edited by wakejunkeygirl on June 15, 2003)
Old    fatsack            06-15-2003, 11:23 AM Reply   
Wow Barry, first you "forgot" to put the fins on my board yesterday morning and now my board has been "stolen". I swear it seems like someone is afraid that I might make them look bad...hahaha. Im just kidding. Oh and I did realize that I put that I ride the Byerlys, its just that im not used to wearing the 30/60's yet. And Mel, I still catch myself saying that its my boat and not Barry's or that its "ours". But as you know, they call me every wonderful name in the book I should be able to act like its mine every once in a while...wink wink Barry.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-15-2003, 5:42 PM Reply   
Gotcha Barry
Good to hear the knee is better. went out today and hit a kicker...didn't kick back either since I landed it 3x's! Of course I failed to mention the 5x's I didn't land.
Oh I'm Phantom and I'm a closet wakeboarder.
I'm starting a club called "Yes I'm a female wakeboarder and I suck...deal with it"
Old    buttacup            06-15-2003, 5:52 PM Reply   
Name: Lynsey
Location: Northridge, CA (school), hometown is Pleasant Hill CA
Ability level: beginner that sucks
Setup: 02 LF Evo 134 with nice scarecrow bindings
Old    gunther            06-15-2003, 6:41 PM Reply   
Hi my name is Garrett Ritchie I live in Concord North Carolina. And i'm 16 and a male. I don't care that it's for females. I think that is sexest. So i'm doing this. I ride a 2003 Byerly 142. With 2003 highbacks. And I rule. yes!!!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-15-2003, 7:33 PM Reply   
Yeah, Gunther.. this thread is for the females, Go away!

Phantom, that's awesome! Didja get any pics? I always wanted to try a kicker.

B-

(Message edited by Barry on June 15, 2003)
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-15-2003, 8:36 PM Reply   
Thanks Barry
Nope, no pics...There's no Lens in this world that's wide enough for this caboose!
I think you and Bill should make a road trip out here. Don't forget to bring Susan too. Just make it an over 25 trip, if you know what I mean.....

(Message edited by phantom5815 on June 15, 2003)
Old    fatsack            06-15-2003, 9:28 PM Reply   
Aren't you in Fl now? Bill and I will get right on that!

C'mon now, you need a profile pic, you've been avoiding the issue for at *least* a year now.
The boys still talk about you.

Susan is awesome! I wish my mom supported me like she does Justin. I don't think that kid realizes how good he has it.Such a cool lady.

B-
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-15-2003, 10:06 PM Reply   
Yes Rose....I am in Fl now.
I don't photograph well at all.....as a matter of fact a wet rat looks better than I do.
Boys will be boys....flash 'em some skin and you're in the gossip column for a while.
Susan is awesome. how's her riding coming along? I need to talk to her someday soon.
That's why I made the comment of an over 25 road trip.
That boy could use a good beating once in awhile
Old    xtremebordgurl            06-15-2003, 11:00 PM Reply   
Bess Marine, from the great state of Portland, ME I ride an 03 biolite belmont with 03 belmont bindings.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-16-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
Phantom,
That post was from me. Rose left her username/password on my system and it posted as her even though I changed it to mine.

Anyway, Susan/Justin came down a couple of months ago and I watched her ride a bit. She looked great!
She has her hands full.

Let's see if it still posts me as Rose. If it does, I'm gonna have a little fun.

B-
Old    elektra            06-16-2003, 10:12 AM Reply   
Hey Gunther,

Since your a dude, well white dude to be specific, you probably have never known what discrimination feals like. And in wakeboard women are barely represented and it is important for the evolution of this sport that we recognize the ladies.

This thread wasn't made to make others feal bad, but to show that there are some girls who can rip it as well as any man.

I would take on any guy any day.

E
Old    leggester            06-16-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
Nope, never lost a job I was interviewing for due to racial ratios being unfilled.

BTW, it's "feel", not "feal".
Old     (atxwakechic)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-16-2003, 12:51 PM Reply   
My name is Amanda, Im from Austin, Texas... this is my 2nd summer wakeboarding, and I am finally improving. I have the 03 Hyperlite Divine board, and highback bindings. I have an 02 X10 and hopefully will be getting better by the end of the summer! I can wakeskate, but am trying to learn to do some things on it. Not very women wakeskate, so i might try and improve in that area.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-16-2003, 7:30 PM Reply   
Leggester ~ I have.....just because I was a chick.
Many Orthopods won't hire a female because:
-strength ( which is a crock)
-poss. loss of duty due to maternity leave.
Of course i can't prove it, you think that they're stupid enough to let see all the applicants.
Old    beth            06-17-2003, 4:41 AM Reply   
Hey, Im Beth from Missouri(greater Kansas City area.) I ride a TFD 136, just got it this year and Im still kinda getting a feel for it. Im probably an intermediate rider. Goal for this month is a backroll, worked on them some last year but was afraid to get upside down. Any MO-Kan female riders I'd like to hear from you

(Message edited by beth on June 17, 2003)
Old    leggester            06-17-2003, 5:44 AM Reply   
phantom, yep, me too. Too white.
Old    fatsack            06-17-2003, 8:43 AM Reply   
Lol!! I think Matt's right on...
Old    shanday            06-19-2003, 12:01 PM Reply   
Name: Shanda
Ability Level: Pre-Beginner (I can't even consistenly jump, but I can do a few surface manuevers....if that counts!)
Ride:02 Belmont 131 w/ hyperlite splits
Old    tui            06-19-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
Jessica- Lake Tahoe
Liquid Force (only cause I got a hookup)
I only have a few girls who ride, want more to help me push to the next level.

Old     (dees)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-23-2003, 6:11 AM Reply   
Phantom5815- Hey Doll, you need to quit lying to these people. You and i both know you photograph well.

Shanda- We ride at lowell too. We have the 03 Black and Royal Blue Super Air. Say hi if you see us out there.

Dees.
Old    mandi            06-23-2003, 9:02 AM Reply   
My name is Mandi.
I am 16.
Been boarding for about 2 months.
I suck but this weekend I improved a lot more. I was so happy.
Here in Oklahoma there is very very few girls. I only know 2 that board.
I ride a Liquid Force Trip 128 w/Exo's.