Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    wakekid14            05-27-2003, 9:32 AM Reply   
hey, i have a pair of boston acoustics runabout 1 speakers sitting around not being used, my plan is to paint them black, and throw them up up on the tower, however i have a couple of questions...

first, will these make good tower speakers, they're indoor outdoor speakers, but will they be loud enough and clear enough to be heard while running.(the info that came with them is as follows- 80-15000 hz, 8 ohms, woofer 4 1/2 copolumer with butyl surround, recomended amp 5-75 watts)

two, what type of clap should i use to put these on the tower with, i need a circlular clamp for a flight control tower.

three, what amp should i use? i have the stock clarion system in my boat but may end up replacing the head unit, i was thinking of buying a two channel amp and hoping the head unit already in the boat has a pre amp out,

four, how should i wire this and where should i place the amp?

is there anything i missed?
thanks for the help
Old    tyerone44            05-27-2003, 11:39 AM Reply   
tons of discussion on all of your questions below... read on
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-27-2003, 1:28 PM Reply   
alex,

I'm pretty sure that I have set of these mount on the back side of my house. The signle driver Bostons will have a hard time reaching the rider. I dought you will be able to get them loud enough for the rider to hear.

They are very durable speakers will hold up to boat use. But, expect their sound to only fill out the boat.

I think that Boston Voyagers or current eqv. would be a better way to go. I did two sets of Niles OS-10s on my tower. One pair barely was loud enough for the rider to hear.

You could use a U shaped clamp, some rubber (like fuel line) to cover it and a flat plate to to hold the stock bracket against the tower. Muffer clamps work too, buying any type of bracket will cost you up to $150 pair.

I'd do up to a 50/ch watt amp with them, and run them in mono (bridge the amp for a 4 ohm load). That should get you enough power.

as for the rest, search this site. You'll find a lot of info.