Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-09-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
I wear like a 9-9.5 shoe size and I am looking at the Company boots. I want to get something a little bigger so I can keep it for a while but not too big. Will a 10 or 11 be ok ?
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-09-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
Please help me!
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-09-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
in theory this would work but the fact that company boots arent out yet no one can tell if they will run to size or not.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-09-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
I just checked WakenSkate.com and they got them.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-09-2008, 6:40 PM Reply   
Sizes 7-13
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-09-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
Nick,
No one is responding to your call for help man, what's up with that???
If you are really hurting for cash flow and you need to buy bindings that will last more than a year while your feet grow, yes buy bigger by a size, maybe wear a sock or something to fill the space.
However, I would never recommend riding in bindings to big, you medical bill will be a lot more than a pair of bindings that fit. If your hurting for cash, check E BAY, I just watched a pair of 2008 Murray bindings sell for $63. on Sunday. Be patient you will find something that fits and won't break your wallet.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-09-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
Brent I am going to stick with flex and get the Company bindings as well, but I just needed to know if it was a good idea to get a couple sizes bigger like a 11 or 12.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-09-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
Do not go bigger unless you want busted toes.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-09-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
I rode my friends closed toe bindings which were definitely too big and I didn't have any problems with smashing my toes against the front of it.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-09-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
I rode my friends closed toe bindings which were definitely too big and I didn't have any problems with smashing my toes against the front of it.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-09-2008, 8:12 PM Reply   
you got lucky... I know there has been like 4/5 threads of people with broken toes from jamming them in CT boots that were too big.

Do what you will, I just never would again go up a size.... it hurts
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-09-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
I agree that it is possible to really hurt your foot in bindings too big. the chances are small, but possible!

IDEA #1
However, I will suggest (but with this suggestion i am in no way saying that company, slingshot, or any other person recommends it and that they or myself are not liable with this idea) That you put a footbed inside the boot underneath the inner layer, assuming the inner liner comes out just like slingshots... even if they DON'T come out you can still use this idea. If necessary you can put some kind of material (i.e. foam from a fun-noodle or something) in the toe box area to "shrink the size down."
I personally used this method to make my size 11 SS D2 boots a size 10.5 (my foot size) I cut up my old 199? Ultra Suctions and put the modified footbeds (bellow pics) under the SS liner inside the shell
Upload
Upload

Id suggest the size 10 for you, but IF you really plan to use the boots a while and/or you expect your feet to be growing quickly then you could potentially use the same method even for the larger size 11

Company used the same base as slingshot so I'd imagine that the boots sizes run/and feel the same.

IDEA#2
As stated above, wear socks. you could even consider those diver socks that are like thick neoprene socks

IDEA#3
use a combination of idea 1 and 2 ;)

good luck
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-09-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
p.s. you would not have to cut up old bindings to create an additional footbed layer like i did. you could buy some insoles or even just cut up some plain flat sheet of foam. You may need to cut the foam thinner where the toes are (like i did on mine in the pics above), that area easily narrows.
START with pieces a little thicker and wider than you THINK you need and shove them in and give it a test for feel, then cut and repeat. It is easier to shave off little pieces at a time then glue them back on or start all over.

(Message edited by wakerider111 on December 09, 2008)
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-10-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
Sounds like a good idea Jeremy, I will definitely do that if they are too big because I went ahead and got the 10s.

ps you have the same monitor as me.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-10-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
why are you going to spend the money on a high performance binding when you arent going to be able to use the benifits. your feet will be swimming in the bindings and you will have a lot of heel lift making the bindings much less responsive. also you are risking injury.
you might as well go with a cheap multisize binding that fits and then get the nice boots when you fit in them.

or you can just stop using bindings
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-10-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
It's one size bigger, and just because they area little bigger doesn't mean they aren't going to be comfortable or give me support. They will also last me a long time.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-10-2008, 2:29 PM Reply   
Buying Bindings to big is not a good idea, hope it works out for you.
Let us know how you like the Company bindings when you get them on your feet.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-10-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
Sure thing, thanks for the help too.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-10-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
I believe company has heat moldable liners too?
Heat molding will help to expand in needed places and contract in others!
I think you'll be fine especially since your only getting probably .75 size large as compared to my .5 larger.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-10-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
I have no idea if they heat moldable lol. All I knew was that those were the only 2009 Company bindings.