Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-10-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
I just purchased a pair of NVS Addictions, and now am looking for something to cover them up. I usually tow my boat about an hour each way to the lake. I have checked out screaminsacs and speakersox, but was curious if there are any other alternatives. Also, for those with covers from screaminsacs and speakersox, how are they holding up?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
Screaminsacs.com

They'll have what your looking for.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-10-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
I love my speakersox and their customer service is great.
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-10-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
bump for speakersox. i never take them off and you can still hear the speakers loud and clear
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-10-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
Are either the sacs or the soxs waterproof? For storage outside? Gracias.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-10-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
I've had screaming sacs for a few years, and they still look great. During the summer I store the boat on the dock and never take the speakers off so they go through raining days just fine; they still repel water just fine. I may have even shot them with some additional waterproofing stuff to keep them fresh but so far, so good.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-10-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
I bought my covers for my addictions from Duane @ NVS, at the same time I bought my speakers. They aren't anything fancy, but they keep the bugs and rain off.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-10-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
I have had both....I did not like speakersox and I LOVE screaminsacs....Just my 2cents but seems like screaminsacs are made better...I would highly recommend them
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-10-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
Lucky, I don't think NVS sells the covers anymore. I just got a pair of Tyrants and Duane told me the covers he put on them were the last pair he had.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-11-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
I just confirmed that NVS no longer sells covers.
Old     (screaminsacs)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-11-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
Hey Everybody,
Just letting you all know that we carry all the NVS covers in stock in many colors to choose from.
Our covers offer great protection from the elements & bugs.
Give us a call 916-879-5209 Upload
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-11-2008, 9:41 PM Reply   
In an attempt to try and add some insight to this comparison, let me say that the folks at Scraminsacs colaboratted with us at NVS in the design of the covers we for a while sold. I belive this is the same design they are currently offering. We don't offer them anymore as we didn't want to try and compete with screaminsacs (actually we couldn't compete...they do a great job and can offer them at a lower price then we could)
The Speakersox version is also very nice. The material used is different and has a tighter fit due to the material's stretchy characteristics.
My personal evaluation is that both are very hight quality with excellent customer survice. The main difference from a function stand point and fabric difference is the Scraminsacs (assuming it is still constructed the same as before) has a velcro secured flap that crosses over the top of the speaker where the Speakersox will fit tightly around the clamp base area.
Again, both high quality products, but with some differences that you need to determine which is more important for you.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-12-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
Cool Duane, and thanks for the insight. That also goes to everyone else that has posted a response. Both companies have already displayed some great customer service to me. They both seem like good companies that stand behind their products.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-12-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
I've ordered a couple times from speaker sox and I was surprised that on the second time he actually remembered me. They have an excellent product and excellent service. The covers fit perfectly and do a great job protecting my set up from the elements.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-13-2008, 10:40 PM Reply   
Speakersox, great product/great service

www.speakersox.com
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-14-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
Jim, the owner of speakersox, gave me a good deal on a set of covers for the Addictions. He also threw in a free mirror cover. I ordered them on Thursday morning, and should be receiving them today or Saturday. Great customer service.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-16-2008, 6:18 PM Reply   
Speaker Sox rocks! I pimp them on my tower speakers and they are a nice snug fit. Just throw them in the washer when dirty. Great customer service and also my neighbors =).
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-17-2008, 1:00 AM Reply   
speaker sox are the best. im not sure about screamin sacs though, but i got my sox super fast and i have never had better customer service.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-17-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
I just received my speaker sox over the weekend. Great customer service by Jim of Speakersox, and I can't wait to try them out. Thanks for all the input.