Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-23-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
The complete details are still to be told, but I just learned from a brief text message that Transgression
won for best cinematography at the X-Dance Action Sports Film Festival.

Congratulations Ronn. The accolades are well-earned.
Old     (justinstephens)      Join Date: May 2003       01-24-2008, 12:39 AM Reply   
I agree Alex...Nice work Ronn!!!

It's also a great thing, in my opinion, that our
sport/industry is becoming more and more well
represented at this festival. Great stuff...

Cheers!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-24-2008, 5:42 AM Reply   
Amazing Movie, well deserved win to say the least.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-24-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
ummm...am i the only one that thought trangression sucked,i had to fast forward through half of it
Old     (harris)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-24-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
that was an awesome movie
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-24-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
Kyle, you are actually the first person I've heard say anything close to that. I don't know what you're looking for in a wake film, but if Transgression doesn't do it, you've got some incredibly high standards!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-24-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
once again, haters!!! Kyle, why cant you simply say "hooray for the sport of wakeboarding"? I mean really. As long as the cinematographers working within our sport get an award, who really cares?

Congrats Ronn!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-24-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
AWESOME!!! Congrats Ronn & the rest of the Sidewayz crew
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-24-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
Kyle, you might be the only one, but I am in staunch support of your being able to say so.

Personally, I think Transgression was everything a documentary video should be- it was completely compelling, the fiming was very well done, and the individual profiles did an outstanding job showing how dynamic the Gator team is. For a single company to be able to portray their goals through their riders, they hit a home run.
Of course, this is just my opinion.

Mad props the Ronn and Sidewayz. They have been very influential for the past decade and their films are still at the forefront of the sport's cutting edge.
Old     (witproductions)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-24-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
I think its great that Ronn is able to put such a diverse twist in a wakeboard video. another example would be Such is Life. i mean who knows what all that stuff was in there but it was different and pleasing to the eye. Nice work at the film festival Ronn. i hope to be there someday.
Old     (witproductions)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-24-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
Oh yeah and transgression was bad ass
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-24-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
Congrats Ronn!
Old     (evank)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-24-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
That movie is sick when i saw the premier i thought it was the best thing ever could not wait to see it again sooooooooo goooooooood congradulations.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-24-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
Can someone explain what X-Dance is?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-24-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
http://www.x-dance.com/

Sort of an alternative Sundance....
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-24-2008, 1:09 PM Reply   
Thanks deuce... the only two wake films I saw were Push Process and Transg.... And I saw Why, the only motox film... On The Pipe 4 should've been in there most definately!!!
Old     (schrunk)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-24-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
Dude that is so awesome. Go Ronn! Transgression was def my favorite film from 07, and going up against all action sports films... Amazing!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-24-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
I thought the riding besides for vandall's section (EPIC) Lidberg's section (EPIC) and the wakeskating was very impressive. Edwards killed it as well but the rest of the riding was sub par to the current standard of wake films to say the least. I think McKee had a decent section but I couldn't watch the video again mentally to find out. I happen to not know any people who have actually liked it (many of whom are in the industry and some even who rode for gator). I always give credit where credit is due and i do not think this video deserved credit. The editing was very strong but the riding was very weak. Sorry to upset anyone

(Message edited by lfxstar on January 24, 2008)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-25-2008, 8:31 AM Reply   
I was there at the x-dance showing... simply put AMAZING. definately the most emotionaly packed wake film i have seen. even my non-wakerider-wife had many good things to say about it... that says a lot if you ask me. I missed push process though and am still a little sad about it... ohh well, at least i saw the winning film

way to go ronn and the whole gator team, and the whole family of wakeboarding.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-25-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
Congrats Ronn! Well Deserved!

If any of you were at the NJ Wakefest 2007, you were lucky enough to see an original version specially edited for the NJWakefest event. It was amazing in it's own right, and the final movie was incredible as well.

KG
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-26-2008, 6:26 AM Reply   
Very cool!

Way to go Ronn, everyone at Sidewayz and the Gator team.

It’s all well deserved.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-30-2008, 8:42 PM Reply   
Here's cool little video montage:

http://www.sidewayz.com:80/transgressionawards/