Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-21-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
Hey Bug and Joe,
Do you guys have any pics from Saturday? Im bummed I couldn't make it out. Kids Soccer and baseball all day!!!

I hope it went off great!

Josh,
How did the event go as far as turnout and condtions?

Late
Erik
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-21-2006, 8:48 PM Reply   
bug and joe as in me? i talked to bug today and he said he got some cool pics. he said the event was pretty cool.

as for me, i'm in orlando.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-21-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
I assumed you were there, sorry joe.

Have fun out in Orlando and come back and teach us some new tricks.
Erik
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-21-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
no worries erik! i wish i could teach you new tricks, but no riding for me here. this is my 2nd time in orlando in 3 months, and i've yet to ride down here...too busy "working."
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-22-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
Eric, it was cancelled. It was so blown out, like it always is there in the summer. Its too bad there were alot of riders there. It was a regular day of whitecaps across the whole lake.

I think there are pics available, I thought AntBug was there. The slider was cool though. Jacob and Eddie tore it up! If they want to have an event there again they will have to start at 530 in the morning, and be done by 8am as summer is here and so is the wind there unfortunately.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-22-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
It was cancelled?? Huh?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-22-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Eric ~ I can't post any pics yet as Wakeboard mag is doing a spread on the event. The location was killer, but as said above the wind was pretty bad. The slider that CWB and Wakesource put up was sick. Jeff H, Jesson V, Eddie and Jacob V, Kevin B, Tony C and many more were killing it on the slider.

The comp was every rider had 7 minutes to do what ever they wanted to. D-up's, Slider, and Wake to Wake. Most riders hit the slider due to the water, but some were killing it. I liked Kevin Birds run. He started with a whirly and next tried a crow mobe then a BS 3 to a grabbed backroll. He just slipped out on the mobe but to see someone throwing down in water conditions like that was unreal. I think he tried 3 crow mobes and was so close on them. All in all it was a sick event and will be much better next year. I was talked with Josh Lamar www.wakesource.com (coming soon) and Steve Bates www.ridecwb.com and the ideas were just flowing for next year.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-22-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
Sorry not canceled. Erase that. It was so short that all the riding may have been completed in 1.5 hours. I missed most of the riding, 'cause we gave up on watching and headed out to ride ourselves on another part of the lake. There may have been like 20-30 people watching it. Everyone seemed to be racing in the Xterra games.
I think the slider is still there, they said they were leaving it, not sure though.

So who won the event Ant Bug?

(Message edited by slipknot on May 22, 2006)
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-22-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
The event had a few different winners.

Best rail = Jeff House
Best d-up = Brandon Poser
Best trick = Brandon Poser and it was so awesome!
Best Wake to Wake = Jesson Vedel

There were a few others but I don't remember.

What boat were you in?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-22-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
the Blue and White 06 SANSE.

We were able to get my 6 year old up for the first time and my wife got up as well. So I had a successful day. I just wish it would have been better conditions for the riders. Maybe next time Josh will consider starting it around 6 pm, he may have better luck.
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-22-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
Event went really well...we were at the mercy of the Xterra master schedule, so had to run when they told us. Water was rough, but the guys threw down anyway. Jacob V ignored the wind chop and set the tone early with the wake tricks. I was amazed at what the guys threw in spite of the wind.

Here is a shot that I took...Ant Bug was the photo professional on hand and will have the quality stuff.

Josh

Upload