Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-07-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
Up until now i've been using the 01 byerly finless on sliders and kickers, but recently sold that and am now using my '03 premier on them.

I've come across a bit of a problem, when i get to about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way across the slider the board seems to stick on the slider. This hasn't quite tripped me up, but does mean i have to pop off the side of the slider rather than sliding smoothly all the way to the end like i use to.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did u get around it???
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-07-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
what base is on the bottom of the premier? is it different than the base of the byerly? if it is a different base then there probably isnt much you can do about it. a couple options would be to go faster. or if the slider is yours maybe think about changing the slider to a different top, maybe try trex docking materials. or if your using that already try some pvc sheet.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-07-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
the premier base is the jib base, where the older byerly just had a standard base.

slider isn't mine unfortunately, its made of 4 thin pvc pipes.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-07-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
The jib base is just going to be slower than a standard base no matter what you are sliding on. I have heard that they are moving away from the Jib base ans that the new Premiers have a standard base.
Old    sliderfreak            05-07-2005, 12:16 PM Reply   
also the trex stuff sliders slower too.

later
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-08-2005, 2:07 AM Reply   
yea hyperlite no longer make the jib base because of the fact that it tends to be slower on sliders. just step the speed up a little bit or try cutting out at the slider a lil later than normal so you have more speed coming in to it.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-08-2005, 6:11 AM Reply   
cheers everyone,

looks like speed is the key, i'll have a go and let u all know how it goes.

cheers again,
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-08-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
Why did they call it a 'jib base' if it is slower then the standard base on sliders.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-08-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
danny harf designed it originally for sliders, cause he hit them so quick and the ones he used are generally quite thin, so having a slightly grippier base made the board more stable on the sliders, reducing the chances of it slipplin out on him