Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-20-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
So we are out at lake Camanche and I have never been there before. I should have known by the sailboats that the lake got windy. Anyway to make a short story long. We just bought a new Ja Mako and already have a Stixxtreme. I only have one surfboard rack so I put the Ja Mako in the bow of the boat. I have put boards there before and was only going about 15 MPH. It started to get really windy with white caps when we were heading out to ride. I hit the rouge wave which made the bow of the boat go up. On the way down the wind caught the Ja Make which slammed into my windshield, snapping the third fin in half, before hitting my bimini top and breaking the front two straps. I reached up and put the palm of my hand on the bottom of the board to stop it. So there I am going 15mph one hand on the board as it is trying to fly out of the boat, one hand on the steering wheel, everybody else hits the deck, and I am heading right for shore. Then it dawned on me, throttle down dumb A$$. Anyway I need to get my bimini fixed and buy a new fin. The moral of the story is....I need another surfboard rack. Any ideas?
Wadd$
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       07-20-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Get another rack?
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       07-20-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
www.nice.rack.com, or www.wakeair.com, or titan wake accessories...if you can find where to but one....Or, ride heavy boards..HA.
Coming back from Havasu, had one fly off the car, looked in the rear view just in time to see a semi run over it. Just kept going. Fiberglass hawaii in SC will sell you a single fin. Got some good cheapy ways to attach to tower. Come ride with us and I will show you.
Old     (iaonbb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-20-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
Johnny...there is a dude named Rio selling racks on ebay and he has surf racks for like $129 ( he may have recently raised his prices due to high demand though, call him and ask about the surf racks, he'll just take a CC number and you're good to go). I picked one up and it even had the option to mount on my oval horizontal tower bar on my Moomba. He has regular round mounts as well btw. A third the price of most racks! I have one and one wakeboard rack from him. The rubber inserts are coming out and they are also deteriorating from the UV exposure leaving black marks on my boards..BUT, they're cheap and you can just slide some rubber tubing over the forks and they are snug as a bug in a rug. The surf racks are usually too big anyway so the tubing makes up the difference and the boards fit perfect now! Rio is a solid dude, the price is right and the shipping is unbelieveably fast. check it out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/wakeboard-tower-board-rack-malibu-nautique-skylon_W0QQitemZ130136022376QQihZ003QQcategoryZ238 07QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       07-20-2007, 4:48 PM Reply   
Nice find Marc. Is that the same Rio that does towers in Sac?
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-21-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
I just sent him an e-mail to see if he has one to fit my B52.
Thanks everyone!
Wadd$
Jerry I have some pics of us on the new JA Mako and the old Stixxstreme. We love the Ja Mako
Thanks again for the solid boards!
Old     (iaonbb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-22-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
Not sure about that one Jerry? I just happened across him from a referral on my Moomba board. Hope it works out for you!