Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (hyperlite321)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-23-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
I've heard a couple different ways to get more hang time. Ive seen some people that seem like there just in the air forever n make indy stiffys n similar tricks look unreal!

thats my goal. anyone got any advice to get more hangtime, does the board really matter as much as the edge? if so what are some great boards for major hangtime?
THANKS
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-23-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
Double ups. If you wanna boost, learn them. Once you got that dialed, try a triple up. Make sure you have insurance before doing triple ups though.

Honestly though, learn how to ride. Buy the Book and learn, there is not magic board or secret technique that will make you go higher, just learn how to ride a wakeboard. Shred the gnar!!

(Message edited by stephan on February 23, 2007)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-23-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
It's all in your technique. Edge all the way through the wake. Go a litte further each time.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-23-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
I've found on my Parks that I get more air by quickly flattening the board, and giving my front foot a little more weight right as I hit the wake (this is a very quick manuever). I have not tried this on any other board than my parks, but it is huge when I edge hard into the wake. I've been riding over 10 years, and I just found out this little trick by accidently doing it. I've been reading and learning for years, and I've never found an trick tip or video that has mentioned this.

BTW... I've even tried to bury my knose into the wake, and it still popped me really hard.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
kland@bulletlines.com
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-23-2007, 5:46 PM Reply   
Sam, how long of rope are you riding?
Old     (hyperlite321)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-23-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
to tell you the truth, i do not know exactly. i think 80 ft.
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-23-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
in that case you may want to shorten your rope a little too
Old     (dooie)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-25-2007, 3:15 AM Reply   
stand tall at the wake and keep your edge
Old     (blxboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-26-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
Ken, I also have the parks and that works really well for me. I can actually hit the wake with little or no spray coming off the water from me hitting it while getting higher than ever, I too learned it accidentally.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-01-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
How do you do a triple up? Is there a such thing? I've never seen one.(I'm probably going to get torn to shreds for this)
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-01-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
Colin ~~ I have heard and seen once, WOW! I could not tell you where to start but if you don't have the double up down, your "A" is grass! So I will be with ya being the blade of grass while somebody let's us know.
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-01-2007, 6:44 PM Reply   
i triple up is like a double up only you drive a v shape instead of a straight line, then drive thru the point of the v where the wakes are converging so you get "triple" the wake, they are pretty tough to drive and hit
a diagram would be easier to show it, but im not sure how to put one on here
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-01-2007, 10:20 PM Reply   
wake genie, Why would U want to shorten your rope? I always thought the longer the rope the better the hangtime? I may be mistaken since I only ride 70-75ft out not 80...
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-01-2007, 10:22 PM Reply   
Kenneth I never heard of it put that way, I think I will just have to give it a try, I don't ride the parks but the PS3 but it still should be interesting....
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-01-2007, 11:10 PM Reply   
I'm not going to get on this "flattening off" band wagon. It's about edging properly all the way through the wake, "progressive edge" building "line tension", and then straightening your legs for "pop" at the top of the wake.

You're looking for a combination of lift and distance, maximizing lift techniques and then maximizing distance.
Old     (tdiggity)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-02-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
keep the handle low , like at your waist or lower, if youre moving the handle up or holding it at chest level you lose alot of the tension that adds to the pop, the lower the better.......... haha thats what she said
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-02-2007, 2:51 PM Reply   
it's all in your legs, and pumpin' the whole wake. Not just the ramp, the trough. It's all timing. And then some people are just springy.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-02-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
springy,
ya wish I could buy that for 19.99...
Old     (ryane)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-02-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
charge it ,more
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-02-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition has a narrow STEEP wake thats huge!
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-02-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
its all in the edge and how hard you push of the wake. How solid of a wake do you have. Some boats have wakes that when you push through them it feels like the wake obsorbes the energy your using to get your pop and others feel very firm where your board has a solid pop. Big Heavy's advice in my opinion is the best. Just learn how to ride your board as best as possible and your pop will come over time
Old     (sikkvlx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-03-2007, 7:38 PM Reply   
I got lessons from a pro named "coby" last year. I've been riding for a couple years now and i've gotten 10 times better in the last year since the lessons. The biggest thing i've learned was that speed does not equal hight.I've seen him clear the wake doing a back flip at 80'from 5' outside the wake. Hold your edge all the way through and stand tall at the top of the wake. I've gotten so much more air from locking out at the top of the wake, when your knees are bent they absorb the wake like a shock... oh yeah one more thing. When your at the top of the wake standing tall, keep your spine in line with with the top of the wake.It lets you take full advantage of the wakes energy. Sorry for the long post.... mike