Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (berad)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-25-2005, 6:00 AM Reply   
I am 6' 185 and currently ride a HL Belmont 136. I like it just fine but it is the only board I have ever ridden. I just got an 05 X-2 (rode behind an i/o for the last 2 yrs) and wanted to try a new board. I bought 05 Parks 136 this spring knowing I could demo this board before June 1st and if I didn't like it switch it out with another HL board. The problem is I blew out my shoulder and can't ride till July so no demo. I am looking for more pop but have heard the parks is a very aggressive board and am wondering if its a little much for me. (I have only been ridding for 2 yrs) I am thinking of a little longer board 139 -141 and maybe something like a Premier. Any thoughts?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-25-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
I would definately recommend a bigger board. I'm 5'7" 150 & ride a 135. You should be on at least a 139, it's all preference though... I'd have got a different board. Like you heard the Parks is VERY aggressive & takes a skilled rider to control the explosive pop. A Premier would be better for you or perhaps the 3DS. I understand if Hyperlite is the only board available for you but... next time try to take a look at some other brands, there are a lot of great shapes from co's like CWB, LF, Gator etc. etc.

Have fun with the new boat, you have gotta be stoked!! Congrats!!
Old     (berad)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-25-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
Thanks for the imput. With my return policy I am limited to HL and LF. I have heard good things about LF Substance.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-25-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
LF Substance
HL Premier
HL 3DS
HL Era
LF Subjekt

all good boards that will let you progress nicely and not hold you back when you get better.