Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-29-2012, 3:25 PM Reply   
That duffy/shredstixx/chaos thread got me thinking. RJ and I love getting many different types of boards and seeing how they work behind our boat(s). Whether its RJ riding, or teaching a newb, which we love to do. So as a wakesurf boat owner, depending on who you ride with or how you surf, what is your Killer Quiver? Money not being a consideration, what would be the boards you felt you had to always have on your boat? No need to bash any brand or anything, just for fun.

I asked RJ, here is what he said:
  1. His favorite custom Soulcraft Jetty, probably the 4.8 fangtail at the moment. (3-2-1 twinzer setup)
  2. 4.8 SS Hazen, hopefully the new custom chaos version coming to replace the one he has been riding. Using same fins that CK Jr uses. Can't remember the name. The ones it came with didn't work well.

I was kinda surprised, thought he would add a couple more, but he said those are his favs, and that they surf so differently, its fun to go from one to the other. But he said he had a couple other for consideration.

1. The new Walker Project Signature edition. It looks like it has evolved from the version he had, and he can't wait to try one, he loved his first one.
  2. Inland Surfer Sweet Spot Pro. He had a lot of fun on this board, and it surprised him a lot that it felt heavy, yet he could fly it well. For a production board, pretty cool.

Now for me as the host/boat owner, I have a lot more people to please. From my 6 yr old Jesse all the way up and then friends like Frank Wolter and Dennis.
  1. The Walker Project Grom with thruster setup. You can't beat this board for little ones, so light but performs well. Easy to flip, not very floaty. Jesse's favorite.
  2. Shredstixx Nano in thruster. Its too floaty for little ones like Jesse, and not as fast down the line as the Grom, but Thomas has great control with it, and he loves it. The thrusters on both of these boards are great because you can take out the back fin once the rider gets better, and its a new board.
  3. Soulcraft Jetty 4.10 with twinzer and additional back fin. This will ride guys in the low 200s with a big wake like ours and works great. The cool thing with this board is you put the back fin in and we taught many people on this board and SUPER stable. Then pop the back fin out and guys like RJ and Chase can seriously rip it up. The extra fin box may add a tad of drag or weight, but not enough to be noticeable to RJ.
  4. Inland Surfer Sweet Spot Pro and buy the extra fins. Same thing, put in all fins to teach, then pull them out to rip it up. This is a real fun board with everyone we have thrown it out to. This is also a great "boat board". Easy rides up to 250 or more on a decent wake, yet 150lb guy like RJ can rip it. Also easy to buy.
  5. The Walker Project Bazooka, like a 5.3 big enough for 350lbs. To date, haven't seen any big guy boards that make fat guys smile like the bazooka does. Oh yeah, tall heavy guys like SlimJim too. ;-)

Anyway, thats a long list, but we really do need all those boards with our large family and guests. Not trying to leave out skim or anything, just don't do that much unless mitch or sean is out with us. But no worries, what is your favorite board list for your boat? Remember, money is no object, only rackspace.