Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-15-2008, 5:29 PM Reply   
For all the knowledge and information that I have gained on this website, I wanted to share my ballast install to help others. I bought the fly high kit for the X2. The kit included 3 custom sacs, 3 three way valves, 3 check valves/T adapters, 50 feet of hose, and hose clamps.Upload
The first step and the most stressful step was drilling holes in the boat under the seats. I put the templates up and measured everything at least 4 times before I drilled. I then drilled a small pilot hole first. I then drilled the 1/4" holes for the screws and then the 3/4" hole for the valve. I ran the drill in reverse to start and that kept the gel coat from splintering. Here are the pics.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
I had to take the handle off of the valves to install them. With the vavles in place, I went ahead and layed out the bags in their places. I started with the front. The basic concept is to run the discharge from the pump to the 3 way valve and the top discharge goes to the fly high bag and the bottom discharge goes to the factory hard tank. Here is a pic of the front pump and valve.Upload I just unplugged the hard tank line from the pump and hooked it to the 3 way valve. I then ran the line to the ballast going down the port side. Upload The next step was tying into the current vent with the check vavle/T combo. It was located under the dash coming from the front side. I then ran the line to the front to vent the sac.Upload
Upload That was it for the front. I then started with the port ballast. I had to acces the pump at the back of the boat in the locker. I then had to run the discharge of the pump to the 3 way valve and a line back to the hard tank. This wasn't hard, but it was a royal pain in the a$$.
Upload I then ran a line from the 3 way valve to the bag by drilling a hole in the plastic divider where the line lined up with the sac. Upload I then cut the port vent and added the check valve/T.Upload
At this point, I was out of hose. I couldn't believe that a turn key kit didn't have enough hose and I installed the valves and ran the lines as the directions showed, but that is for a different thread. I will finish the starboard side once I get the hose in, but it will be identical to the port side. The hardest part was unhooking and rehooking the line to the hard tank ballast. So far, I probably have 8 hours involved, but I spent most of that time drinking.

The last step was reprogramming my timers, which has proven difficult. One timer allows me to go up to 20 minutes and the other 2 allow me to go to 6 minutes. I figure I will need around 10-12 minutes to fill the hard tanks and the fly high bags. This will give me around 2500 in ballast and I am definatly looking forward to summer. I will keep you updated on the timer situation. Once again, I hope someone benifits from this, as I have benifited from the ballast install threads of the past.