Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    boardco13            09-07-2008, 8:44 PM Reply   
This weekend Drew Danielo topped the podium at the 2008 World Wakesurfing Championships for the 5th time. This year nearly every rider took wakesurfing to an entirely new level with tricks far beyond anything seen in competition before.

Here are a few pictures from the tournament. Look for a full breakdown with photos coming soon.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-07-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
Awesome....can't wait for more info.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-08-2008, 7:15 AM Reply   
Congrats to all the riders!!!
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-08-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
Hey Tommy;
Congrats...What kinda board are you riding? I can't tell...
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-08-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
Tommy was riding a Crowley Wake. I believe it is a board made by Eric Rousch. I could be wrong one thing I am not wrong about is that Tommy kills it on a wakesurfer. his 3rd place finish shows that but he has a really cool style and can through some big tricks. Nice meeting you Tommy if your ever in on the gulf coast of florida hit me up and we will do some riding. OH yeah Tommy's Son will own whatever boardsport he pursues by the age of 11. He is 17months and was basically doing Ollie's on his little skateboard deck.
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-08-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
He's riding a Crowley Wake skim. Hope I spelled that right. He rode great all weekend, as did everyone in the final. Wish Chase would have made final. He was airing huge even though. James killed it every run, word up.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-08-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
Corey D. Took home the Am Mens Surf first place on a Shred Stixxs and his wife Noelle took home Am Womens first place on a Walker Project board.

Robbie Gordon took home Men's Am Surf third place and Kayley Gordon Youth third place.

That's a strong showing for the Mid-Ohio Group. Congrats guys!!
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-11-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
who won(bought at a great price) the boat?!

(Message edited by wakesurf_ohio on September 11, 2008)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-11-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
The Falcon? Anyone from Centurion reading?
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-08-2008, 4:47 PM Reply   
Hey Mitch, do you have more pictures from Worlds?
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-09-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
or videos of thouse "entirely new level with tricks far beyond anything seen in competition before." ??
Old     (steedracer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-14-2008, 7:25 AM Reply   
Hey guys. Had the honor/pleasure of towing the dark side riders on the goofy boat for the event. Awesome event. Met SO MANY great people. Hope it comes back to Nashville next year. Show, as for the Falcon charity auction, I understand that a local guy here won it. He has an older MC X-30, so I'm sure he'll enjoy the new boat. Don't have much more specifics.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-14-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
Thanks Pat. Good to hear that the boat auction benefited charity