Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-10-2005, 8:36 PM Reply   
We have seriously been looking into buying a boat over this winter but with the annoucnement today that Delphi is declaring bankruptcy and GM talking about massive layoffs. I am now thinkng about re-considering the purchase as it looks like we are heading into a reseccion (and from what i am hearing it could be the worst one ever) do i take the chance and jump now or wait it out?

some of the finacial gurus on this board could really give me some good insight here (hopefully)
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-10-2005, 8:53 PM Reply   
No matter what the finacial gurus say. I say its all in your hart and what you feel. All my friends know that I would sell my house before I ever sold my boat. (Live to ride ride to live) its a lifestyle. I am one of the lucky ones because my gal is behind me 100% she also would never let me sell my boat thats prob why we have been together for so long and will stay together for ever.
Old    mendo247            10-10-2005, 8:53 PM Reply   
im just a good ol boy from the country! whats a financial guru anyways? i say hell yes do it.. nows the time.. what are they gonna do repo all our boats... maybe if we all buy new boats well save the economy.. heck we here on wakeworld could ban together and save the world!
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-10-2005, 9:02 PM Reply   
or i could just wait till they repo all your boats and get one real cheap

Old     (nizzle77)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-10-2005, 10:14 PM Reply   
Recession, bubble popping, inflation. There are always going to be negative financial analysis out there, but I will say interest rates won't stay as low as they are. So unless your paying cash i'd jump on the wagon and go get your boat!
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-11-2005, 10:58 AM Reply   
I can't advise you on the economy, but if you are considering buying new then I would wait for the boat shows! You can generally get a much better deal at the show
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-11-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
Depends. Go talk to your dealer now and see what you can get. I got Factory incentives, a rebate and a dealer discount that worked out to almost 14% off the price. That's hard to beat, even at a boat show.
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-11-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
A lot of dealers are doing specials this time of year now that sales are getting slower...take us for example..
www.waterskiboatsdallas.com
Check with your local dealer to see what kind of specials they may be running!

McFly

(Message edited by mcfly on October 11, 2005)
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       10-12-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
My Sanger salesman neighbor is always very motivated to make winter sales.
The Malibu guy I know says it just doesn't matter if you're looking for a VLX- they are hard to come by and mostly sell off the lot in 2 weeks.
The local MC dealer says their sales have not been strong this summer and have started their winter sale early. (got to make room for some new X-2's)

Economic Guru figures:
Bad economy=lower stock prices=money moved back into bonds=lower interest rates= lower boat payments for fixed rate loans= wait a little longer.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-12-2005, 6:46 PM Reply   
Blah, blah, blah, money. Blah, blah, blah, recession. Blah, blah, blah, gas prices. If you want it, buy it. If I lost my job, I'd have bigger worries than them reposessing my boat. Heck my boat payment is the smallest of all my bills.
Old    mendo247            10-12-2005, 7:27 PM Reply   
well said jeff! i think there will be allot more things to worry about then our boats if it gets that bad...