Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (cincynautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-06-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
I have seen previous threads out there regarding ipod solutions for the boat. I need a simple solution and/or product to run my IPOD through my head unit and charge it at the same time.
The head is capable of accepting the connection through an aux connection. Most importantly...is there a good solution to connect it to the head unit while charging the IPOD(without cords running everywhere)?
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-06-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
Peripheral Electronics PXOD.
http://peripheralelectronics.com/web/ipod_accessories.asp

http://cgi.ebay.com/PERIPHERAL-PXOD-ipod-Aux-Interface-Charge-ipod-too_W0QQitemZ5840382604QQcategoryZ58350QQssPageNam eZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
I have the Peripheral Electronics PXOD in my boat. Its a great way to hook your I pod to your AUX in and charge at the same time. hooks up at the bottom of your I pod just like a docking station
Old     (cincynautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-06-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
thanks grant and ryan. i appreciate the help.
Old    erkp6            02-06-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
I have a belkin car charger for my iPod. The part that plugs into the cig lighter has a 2mm jack on it, so I have a small 2mm cord going from the cig lighter to the aux input on the stero. Not too many cords showing depending on the location of your cig lighter and stero.
Old    davemcadams            02-06-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
With the peripheral, are you still able to use the stereo remote to control volume and change tracks? Or is it all done thru the ipod?
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-06-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
Volume would be handled by the head unit, but track selection, etc has to be done with the ipod. Peripheral sells other, more expensive, interfaces for stock and aftermarket headunits that will allow some control over the ipod. Most lose some ipod functions though(I haven't found one that doesn't yet)....so I prefer to use the ipod for track/playlist selection anyway.

The benefit of the PXOD over the belkin and monster is that output and charging are handled by one cable (vs. cig lighter cord and a mini-jack) and its intended to be permanently hardwired in. I hate cig cords hanging everywhere. I always hardwire...even if I have to cut the cig lighter off and wire it that way.