Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kvoman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-16-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
Anyone seen or read this article about the Antioch police looking for a driver of a black F250 with a white boat that caused an accident that killed 2 motorcyclists?

http://cbs5.com/local/fatal.motorcyc...2.1753875.html

Last edited by kvoman; 06-16-2010 at 7:50 AM. Reason: update
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
wow thats too bad.... Maybe they mistaked the F250 for a hummer and should be looking for LON... sounds like something that idiot would do
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-16-2010, 9:29 AM Reply   
Not going to have much luck finding them with that vague of a description. If they posted a little more info like lifted or stock, extended cab crew or std. cab and a description of the boat, tower no tower any graphics they'd be able to find who caused this accident!

I agree with Pete maybe they are looking for Lon, after all black truck/SUV and white boat?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-16-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
News (channel 5) last night said it was a black f-250 with a black and white "wakeboard" style boat. Also I believe they said someone got a partial on the license plate number. They also said the truck swerved into the next lane forcing the car in that lane into on coming traffic and colliding head on with the harley killing both people on the harley and injuring the driver of the car.

Last edited by wake_upppp; 06-16-2010 at 9:36 AM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-16-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
Lon was cracking skulls last night, don't think it was him.

What I don't understand, is what was so important to this guy towing the boat (or anyone else who drives in a similar manner), that he caused an accident that killed two people and seriously injured another one? This guy's life is going to be seriously altered (jail, fines, etc.) for what? Be smart people, driving erratically puts your life and others in danger.

End rant.
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-16-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
I was on highway 4 bypass in this traffic. Oddly enough, I was towing my white/blue/black boat. It is a shame that this happened. No, I don't drive an F250.

A "Root Beer" colored Expedition.

m-
Old    Chaserwaser            06-16-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
Something dosnt seem right, I mean how much of an unsafe lane change can you pull when your towing your boat besides being aware of other cars around you which when your towing something especially a nice wakeboarding boat your going to be aware.. I dont know I feel like Civic might have over reacted / Over corrected to go into the on coming lane. but again I dont know. Just seems kind of eh with how much evidence / witnesses saw what happened. Not to mention the truck was tailgating the civic which means he was behind the civic when he made his unsafe lane change that caused the civic to swerve onto on coming traffic? How can that be the trucks fault... Maybe if the truck was on the side of him and like gunned it to cut him off of started changing lanes and didnt see the civic then I could see how this is possible but behind him?

Last edited by Chaserwaser; 06-16-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-16-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
I've seen some pretty unsafe moves made by people towing boats, so yea i'm gonna say it seems right. I actually watched a moron towing a Mastercraft suddenly veer across three lanes to exit the freeway two weeks ago.
Old    Chaserwaser            06-16-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
I have mixed feelings about it I guess haha I dont know what to think.. Just shocking, really upsetting for the familys of everyone I bet!
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-16-2010, 2:06 PM Reply   
I see unsafe towing practices almost every weekend coming home from the river. People pulling toy boxes, boats, buggies, and bikes all trying to drive like they are not towing anything.
I try to keep as far away from these nuts as I can.

Last edited by rio_sanger; 06-16-2010 at 2:13 PM.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-16-2010, 3:14 PM Reply   
Chase most motorcycle riders including myself either ride close to the yellow stripe or close to the white stripe, most good motorcycle riders know that the center is were the oil gets dropped and dont ride in the middle of the lane(self explanitory why) it wouldnt take but that honda moving over a foot or 2 to hit the bike. Its not as complicated as you make it sound lol.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-21-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzman View Post
I've seen some pretty unsafe moves made by people towing boats, so yea i'm gonna say it seems right. I actually watched a moron towing a Mastercraft suddenly veer across three lanes to exit the freeway two weeks ago.
I don't know why, but it seems like the majority of the morons I run across are in Mastercrafts. I think it's another one of those more money than brains scenarios. Nothing against MC or MC owners, just an observation I've made though the worst I've seen was driving a Supra.

I don't know what the laws are there, but from what I've been told here is in that same scenario the driver wouldn't be held accountable for anything since there was no collision with his vehicle. Just like when someone is tailgating you and you break check them then they run off in the ditch, not your fault.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-21-2010, 11:11 AM Reply   
Hey, hey, hey.... I resent the Master Craft comment, Shane. Ha, ha.

Hard to say what actually happened and whether or not the guy towing even knew he caused an accident. I'm sure it was errors all around that led to the outcome. Could've been an unsafe lane change and an over reaction by the Honda driver into the lane of a motorcyclist that wasn't paying attention. We don't know. We weren't there.

RIP to motor cyclist and passenger.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-21-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
Merging onto I75 last week. Three lane highway. A log truck is in the center lane moving steady and straight, I move into the outside lane and match traffic. I see this little Honda accord come up behind the truck then swerve left across two lanes, through the median then back into the swail. Major wipe out as she went under and through the tight cables intended to stop head ons. Anyway the dust cleared, me and the trucker get pulled over and sprint back to help. The fat broad driving the Honda pipes up with" THE BIG RED TREE TRUCK CUT ME OFF!" Bull crap lady, you were texting or talking and looked up just in time before you ran into his azz. I gave the trucker my card and told him to call me if he needed a witness.

We don't know the whole story here gents.