Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-21-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
I know this may not be the appropriate place for this but I'm having a hell of a time finding a board to get me started without shelling out a ton of cash. Figured someone here might have a used board they want to get rid of for fairly cheap. I live in San Diego and have been "ocean" surfing for 15+ years, not as much as I like but that's another story..so the sight of you guys riding behind your boats looks incredibly intriguing. I just bought my first v drive so I finally have the right boat to give this a try. Anyway, if anyone has a board they can part with please let me know. Don't really want to spend more then $150 or so. Was looking at an older model broadcast, coex, or something along those lines...at least for now. Anyway, I appreciate any suggestions or help you guys can give me. Sorry for polluting your forum with this.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
Bryce, any surfboard will work . short pig twin fins work great' we use skimboards and have a blast! it's all about keeping the boat at the right rpm for the ultimate wake...
Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-22-2007, 3:30 PM Reply   
Thanks Chris, I was kind of thinking any surfboard would work; unfortunately, I surf primarily longboards now and I'm not sure if my 9 footer would fit back there. Maybe it will? Anyway, I appreciate the advice...maybe I'll hit one of my friends up. Still looking if anyone has one for sale but I'll probably give that a shot as well if I can get ahold of one. I'll let you know how it goes. Taking the family to Havasu in a couple weeks.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
we've used long boards before, it works but nose of board is almost on swim step and occassionaly you even bump the transom a couple of people sitting on the sun pad/ engine cover really helps the wake about 11mph 2000 +- rpm works best on our sanger v-210 but a lot depends on how many people/ ballast you have in boat... have fun!
Old    surfdad            04-22-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
If you're having trouble with your longboard fitting in the pocket, you aren't doing it right. :-) 10'2" and 40 feet back.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/370658.html
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
40 feet back? what are you surfing behind, the Queen Mary??
Old    surfdad            04-23-2007, 5:08 AM Reply   
No, just the 23v Tige, but WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY fast. I can't remember now, but I think we were above 14mph before the cavitation was too bad.

Upload
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
cool shot , you'd need a 10-2 to keep up with the boat at that speed
Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-23-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
That looks super fun Jeff. I'm going to have give that a try. Thanks fellas...can't wait. Starting to sound like a broken record but if anyone has an old board they want to get rid of I'm still in the market. Have a Pro Series Tube Sac I'm willing to throw in to make the transaction more equitable.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-23-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
No, don't need a 10.2, I kept up with my boat at 14.7 on a Trick Boardz Mojo XL and 14.5 on an IS Red.