Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (jorellz)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-26-2004, 12:23 AM Reply   
Hey there,
I haven't had a chance to get behind a Sanger but I am very interested in getting one from all the good reviews out there. Although in waterski mag the comments on the wake aren't to great in comparison to the others. 1 thing I noticed is that in all the others they mentioned ballasts, and in the Sanger reviews they didn't. Once you weight these are they comparible? And any other comments you have on the boats...thanks!

Jase
Old    foobysmacker            08-26-2004, 1:07 AM Reply   
Jason - you will get a bunch of replies from happy sanger owners on this forum.

I love my V210. I run about 1000lbs now with 700 in the floor locker and 300lbs in lead and it's sweet. I'm adding some rear sacks for when I go out with just 2-3 guys as I want just a bit more wake.

The shape and transition is great on the wake. Nice and rampy with just enough kick off the top.

I haven't read the waterski mag review and am interested to do so. I can't believe there would be a negative review about the sanger.
Old    chavezychavez            08-26-2004, 9:18 AM Reply   
V210 and V215 - best wakes I have ever seen or ridden behind!

Quality is top-notch!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-26-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
I rode behind Evan's sanger last night. Not sure on the model, I know it is a DD. He had it weighted just right. I was impressed by the wake. Lot's of fun.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-26-2004, 10:26 AM Reply   
Thanks for coming out last night J-Rod...

I really like the wake when weighted correctly. My boat is a DLX wake series. The only thing I don't like is the factory ballast is way too small. The DLX and the V-210 (as well as the 215 from what I hear) are the same hull shape and as such the wake is the same when weighted evenly. My set up right now is like this: 290lbs lead in front (some under seats, some on walk through floor), 400 lb sac. in locker (not sure if it actually gets 400lbs, but close), factory ballast in rear (400lbs under back seat), 200lbs of lead in rear ski locker and a 600lb sac filled to around 3-400lbs, when we have a small crew, in front of the back seat.

Like I said I really like the wake. Nice shape, pretty steep, very firm and has an awsome kick at the top. It's just really critical, as with any boat, to get the weight in the right spot. I spent a lot of time to get it the way I want.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-26-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
Jason,
Don't take waterski mags word for it. Find someone with a 210 and check it out. I'm quite sure you won't be disappointed.

B-
Old     (jorellz)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-26-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone...I know everyone here seems to be in agreement about the Sanger. Amazing boat...even better when you look at the price. There is a dealer just south of here and I am going to go convince him he needs to take me for a ride! Thanks Again!

Jase
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-26-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
I love our '02 Sanger V-210. It drives great, never cavitates (spelling?) in hard turns (fully loaded). Definitely top quality, due to being hand built and all. The wake is great, but I don't know about being the "best wake I have ever seen or ridden behind!" but pretty damn good none the less. We put 2 fat buddies (250 lbs each) on each side of the motor, A full size sack in the locker (400-500 lbs), and 20 Pop Product bags (canvas bag with steel shot weighing 40lbs each) distributed through out the rest of the boat. If you can get a 4 blade prop with a little more pitch, for a little more torque than the stock, and Perfect Pass is a must!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-26-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
Sanger is the best bang for your buck.

The V210 is a nice narrow boat that is relatively easy to sink. It builds a wake like a SAN but has better storage and a better price.

The only negatives I have towards the V210 are seriously minor -- low gunnels and the associated sloped swim deck.

Sanger is also made of wood, but thats really not an issue if you take care of your boat properly.

Waterski mag reviews are almost useless. They are stroking their advertisers - perhaps Sanger does not advertise as much as the others.

All this from a BU owner.
Old    foobysmacker            08-26-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
"Sanger is also made of wood"-- let's be a little more accurate about wood being used in construction. But then again, I think the wood stringer "issue" has been exhausted several times in other threads. I know you're not knocking the construction of the boat, but others not familiar with the issue may misinterpret the statement.

Shawn - I have the black scorpion and went from the stock 4-blade 13x13 prop down to an Acme 3-blade 13x11 on my '01 V210. Getting up on plane with 2000 lbs. is no problem and my top end is pretty much the same (turning higher RPMs with the lower pitch prop) so that's something to consider.

Of course, the swim deck is nearly flat as well on the scorpion model.

So for considering a new purchase I would definitely weigh them as options.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-26-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
I was just suggesting that for someone buying a stock boat. We had had our prop re-pitched and it jumps out on to a plane, even with all the weight we run. Sangers are good stuff.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-26-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
Yes, I should have said "Sanger uses wood in their construction (stringers, floors, seats)" instead of "Sanger is also made of wood".

I am totally not knocking the construction. As you can tell, I dig Sanger boats.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-26-2004, 3:17 PM Reply   
IMO, wood stringer hulls compared to foamcore provides a softer ride. With warranties and today's technology, reason to worry is minimal.
Old    chavezychavez            08-26-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
Evan - FWIU the 215 is a sectioned and shortened 230 with some of the strakes repositioned.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-26-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
and they last forever.....
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-27-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
I have a 04/03 i think V210, solid red gel coat color, all the goodies besides tower speakers. 350mag blah blah with 30hrs, might consider selling it..love the sanger, looking at the V230, going to see if i can rip some dry wall out to fit that bad boy, email me if your interested.

BHahbib7@aol.com
located in San Diego, boat is brand new