Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-30-2004, 7:52 AM Reply   
We'll be at Silver Glen Springs this Saturday, July 3rd. So far, it'll be my red n' white X5 and a white 21V, but there's a few more considering the trip. Stop by if you'll be there and if you haven't been to the "Glen" yet you're missing out...

Old    oldschool            06-30-2004, 8:15 AM Reply   
Looks a little too crowded for my tastes, but have a good time! What's the boat ramps look like?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-30-2004, 8:15 AM Reply   
david, won't be there this weekend. gonna be in clermont, harrasing chase.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-30-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
Craig, people put in at different places up and down the river so the ramps aren't that bad.

Chase? How's the old man doing? Tell him I said what up.
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-30-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
Looks like a huge party
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-30-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
I'll be where I'm always at... OWC. Have fun at Silver Glen. Hope you can find a parking spot.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-30-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
yeah that might be tight and so is this...

Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-30-2004, 1:09 PM Reply   
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-30-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
Jerrod, always my friend.

John, no worries kiddo.

Mang, where is that madness? Is that last one Havasu?
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-01-2004, 5:59 AM Reply   
Added a group in an Air Nauti.
Old     (4hun)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-01-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
Still debating going down there for the 4th. I had a blast on Memorial weekend. What is the best day to go this weekend??
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-01-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
We usually will go the day before the actual holiday...so on Memorial day or Labor day we'll go on Sunday - the river can get crazy enough on those days. We'll probably park on the East shore just down from the spring.
Old     (4hun)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-01-2004, 2:19 PM Reply   
So, will Saturday be better than Sunday? Dont think I can make Saturday.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-02-2004, 6:49 AM Reply   
Sunday will be awesome. It's just slightly more crowded, so make sure you get there early. If you're launching in Astor you want to get to the ramp by like 9:30 AM so you can get a parking spot and make it to the Glen by 10:30 or so.
You can always find a parking spot at the Glen, it just might be out away from the spring a bit if you don't get there until afternoon. The party people are usually on the East side (left side of the picture) just down from the spring, but anywhere you park it's a good time.
If you end up going on Saturday I'm in a reverse red MasterCraft. I'll keep an eye out for your Sport Nauti in case you guys show up.
Cheers.

P.S. I don't know how often you travel with the boat, but you'll definately want to make sure you have all the required gear this weekend.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-02-2004, 6:50 AM Reply   

Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       07-07-2004, 4:10 AM Reply   
Nice Pictures of the Glenn. I have been looking for an aerial shot for a few years. Where did you get them? Both Pictures must be old because it doesn't look like anyone is partying at the mouth of the Glenn. Didn't make it up there this 4th because I just moved out to a lake. How was it? My room is reserved at Blair's Jungle Den on Labor Day.

How about some info where I can get the aerials. Thanks.
Old     (4hun)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-07-2004, 9:37 PM Reply   
Jeff,

Here is the website that shot is from. There are a few more there too. When I was there, there must of been 500 boats partying at the mouth of the glen. This must be pretty old.

http://www.geocities.com/nova383sb/silverglensprings/silverglen.html

Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       07-08-2004, 4:20 AM Reply   
Thanks for the link. Are you planning on being there for Labor Day. Have a good one.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-08-2004, 6:17 AM Reply   
What up Jeff. The Glen was nice on Saturday. Not too crowded, but all the regulars including the "Mardi Gras" bunch were set up. It was pretty chill though. We had 4 boats total in our group and just ran up the river from Ed Stone Park for the day.
Shawn, how'd you know I got that pic from there? That guy Bob has a pretty decent site regarding the Glen.

We were talking about getting a room at Blair's for Labor day weekend when we passed by last Saturday. I haven't stayed there yet, but passed by plenty of times on a holiday weekend and seen the party. How much do the rooms go for that weekend?
You're stoked on moving out to a lake! We did last summer and it's been soooo nice. What side of town did you move to?
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       07-09-2004, 3:55 AM Reply   
Hell Ya, I love being on the water. Where you located in Central Florida. I am on the Butler Chain in Orlando. Blairs Jungle Den is a great time. It $100 a night for a 2 Bedroom efficiency, kitchen and all. Beats the hell out of the boat ramps. I have also stayed at Porky's on the North side of Lake George on the St. Johns river. They have a little bar and a decent marina, although the rooms are pretty small and the atmosphere is as good. Check out www.blairsjungleden.com.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-09-2004, 7:40 AM Reply   
Wow, they've got a great website with an excellent piece on the history of the St. Johns River.

We're just North of Sanford on a small lake. We bought a 1,800 sqft home and have been remodeling non-stop for a year now.

I might just get a room at Blair's for one night that weekend to check it out. I'll start up a new thread about a week or so before Labor Day and we'll try and hook up. If I don't get a room, I'm sure we'll be at the Glen one day - most likely Sunday.
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       07-09-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
Its a 3 night minimum and probably full by now. I book mine way in advance and cancel if I need to. Its my old lady's birthday that weekend so we might not go, or maybe only go for part of the weekend. We will stay in touch.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-09-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
it is my dad's bday that weekend so i'll probably be up in indiana. oh well I'll just have to ride behind a friends 2004 Xstar.

david, i got my shuvit last weekend on the skate. we need to hook up and ride sometime. I have been spending a lot of weekends in clermont, not all that far away from ya.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-09-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
Sounds good, Jeff. Yeah, I saw that 3 night min. If you decide you want to stay only one night maybe we could work something out. Either way, we'll most likely be heading up there one day.

That's sweet Tim! I'm so close on every try with those - it's only a matter of time. I need to make a trip out to Chase's house here soon - that is if I'm still welcomed. ha ha