Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (lakeguy77)      Join Date: May 2002       04-10-2010, 6:27 AM Reply   
Starting up a new thread based on my thread from 4 years ago. Just want to see where people have gone with their I/O setups since then. Unfortunately I haven't gone far. A knee injury and a few years out of the game entirely pretty much stalled all progress. But last summer my girlfriend of many years asked completely out of the blue if I could teach her to wakeboard, she loved it, and now I'm back lookin' for ideas to improve my boat that don't involve a new boat.

I'll get it started:

Boat: 2001 Mariah 180 Diablo
Engine: 4.3L Mercruiser 2bbl carb
Prop: 3-blade 19P
Tow Point: Still using the "rear bumper" ski-eye. :-(
Ballast: 2x400lb fat sacs (one under the back seat, one in the locker), People
Accessories: SE Sport 300 hydrofoil

The wake was really improved by the hydrofoil, more size and a nicer transition, but it did get a little softer. The fat sacs fixed that right up, not as much of a size change as just firming it up and making it more predictable. And I'm once again dreaming of a tower (bottom of the boat doesn't lend itself to a pilon) and a 17p prop.

Sorry, no pics at the moment.

For reference, the original thread from 4 years ago:
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333850